Fire Dbug Fly's "Scavenger Hunt"

FireDbugFly

Volunteer Mentor
VCAT Team Member
Welcome Fellow Entropian's!

This will be my first event in collaboration with RJ Rob, so here we go!

Fire Dbug Fly and RJ Rob Collab - 2 Stage Event - Scavenger Hunt + Hide & Seek Game - Intro Thread! - Collaboration Post

I am looking for a good number of attendants so please share this with your friends.

I understand everyone has different time zones and plays times so this event will be run from May 19th to May 26th.

Share Link:
"Fire Dbug Fly's "Scavenger Hunt""
Event Start Time: May 19th 10:00 UTC
Event Final Submission Time: May 26th Ending 20:00 UTC

Winner Will be Announced in this Thread

Congratulations to the Winners!

1st Place Prize - Teleportation Chip Full TT UL - Dea
2nd Place Prize - Athenic Ring (L) - TryingToStart(POG)
3rd Place Prize - Regeneration Chip 3 (UL) - Arkadian

How to Play :

1. I will post 10 Images of 10 locations on Toulan in this thread.
2. Find the Location on Toulan and Mimic the Pose as close as possible.
3. Take a Screen Capture of the location for Posting

Posting and Scoring Rules
Only Participants Posting All 10 Locations will be scored.
To keep scoring manageable. (Please only post once you have found all 10 Scavenger Hunt Locations)

(If you really need help locating one of these spots let me know)

1. Correct Location - 1 Point
2. Correct Pose - 1 Point
3. Proximity to Original POS
3a. Within 5 Meters - 2 Points
3b. Within 10 Meters - 1 Point

4. A Completed entry will have 10 Locations and 10 Position markers taken from game.
Type /pos in any game channel to get your pos in your system chat.

5. Due to the potential for position marker Copycatting the following submission method is also Acceptable
Post 10 Screenshots Labeled 1-10 and Send me a Forum DM with the position markers labeled 1-10

Additional Tips :
Tips and Tricks

1. Use Free Look Camera to Move around your avatar for the PERFECT shot. (long press V the default keymapping)
2. You can perform some actions in Free Look Camera mode using mapped actions or items to key binds, Hot Key Screenshot and Place Action or Pose on a Hot Key as well.
3. Use /pos in system chat to record your position and record it with the corresponding Contest Image (this position will be used to gauge distance for scoring purposes)
4. You can use Toggle Interface View via Hotkey to get the Cleanest Shots.
5. Once in Free Look Move (Long Press V) press your hotkey Action and while in Pose press screenshot hotkey.

I understand that graphics mode may not be the same quality if your screenshots. do not let this deter you from participating.
I will be updating this post with the scavenger Hunt locations on May 19th.

2nd Event - "Hide and Seek" Starting May 26th 18:00 UTC time and end time May 26th 21:00 UTC

Good Luck Everyone!
~Dbug

Mentoring Available

Come Join the discord Server for Helpful Information

Find me on Twitch

Last edited:

FireDbugFly

Volunteer Mentor
VCAT Team Member
Pay attention to the Details, I know many of you will get the correct location (I wasn't trying to make them so incredibly difficult, but difficult enough to prevent a major tie).

Tips and Tricks
1. Use Free Look Camera to Move around your avatar for the PERFECT shot. (long press V the default keymapping)
2. You can perform some actions in Free Look Camera mode using mapped actions or items to key binds.
3. Use /pos in system chat to record your position in the capture (this position will be used to gauge distance for scoring purposes)
4. You can use Toggle Interface View via Hotkey to get the Cleanest Shots.

COORDINATES NEED TO BE VISABLE IN EACH CAPTURE, OR SUBMITTED BY MEANS OF FORUM DM WITH ACCOMPANING IMAGES IN THIS POST.

Last edited:

FireDbugFly

Volunteer Mentor
VCAT Team Member
As I write this post, I am excited to share Toulan's beauty and have some fun with the community. I hope you all enjoy participating and GOOD LUCK!

1652914279107.png

1652914317185.png

1652914335478.png

1652914351495.png

1652914376451.png

1652914391278.png

1652914407797.png

1652914421069.png

1652914436734.png

1652914448937.png

Attached Files may give better resolution so I have included them for all.

~Dbug

Attachments

• ScreenHunter 2213.png
    ScreenHunter 2213.png
    494.3 KB · Views: 135
  • ScreenHunter 2211.png
    ScreenHunter 2211.png
    916.3 KB · Views: 134
  • ScreenHunter 2208.png
    ScreenHunter 2208.png
    352.3 KB · Views: 135
  • ScreenHunter 2204.png
    ScreenHunter 2204.png
    1 MB · Views: 135
  • ScreenHunter 2202.png
    ScreenHunter 2202.png
    707 KB · Views: 138
  • ScreenHunter 2200.png
    ScreenHunter 2200.png
    909.4 KB · Views: 161
  • ScreenHunter 2197.png
    ScreenHunter 2197.png
    952 KB · Views: 137
  • ScreenHunter 2195.png
    ScreenHunter 2195.png
    519.1 KB · Views: 130
  • ScreenHunter 2190.png
    ScreenHunter 2190.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 174
  • ScreenHunter 2188.png
    ScreenHunter 2188.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 151
Last edited:

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Great Locations @FireDbugFly - Good Luck everyone, starts in like 8 hours 28 minutes :)

I wished my part of this collab got the same love as this one haha xD

Your part of this 2-part event hasn't started yet, and several of us have Liked or Loved your thread, give it time. Right now, DBug is hosting the first part of this 2-part event, so this thread is getting the most attention. :)

FireDbugFly

Volunteer Mentor
VCAT Team Member
I firmly believe that those willing to explore the Planet will be able to locate and recreate these scavenger hunt Photos.
All of the actions are available to Every avatar and yes you will need to drop a probe to capture one of the images.
There is additional assistance also if there is someone who needs a pointer.
No hand holding will take place on the last day of the event.

Additional Tips :
Hot Key Screenshot and Place Action or Pose on a Hot Key as well.
Once in Free Look Move (Long Press V) press your hotkey Action and while in Pose press screenshot hotkey.

Arkadian

Hey Dbug, nice event you have here. It would be bad if someone who knows all locations participated :p (JK man). Anyway ill hop in, but also got a question: Can we post Screenshots here and send you position markers on DMs here on forum? To prevent, you know, copycats and abusers of events?

FireDbugFly

Volunteer Mentor
VCAT Team Member
Hey Dbug, nice event you have here. It would be bad if someone who knows all locations participated :p (JK man). Anyway ill hop in, but also got a question: Can we post Screenshots here and send you position markers on DMs here on forum? To prevent, you know, copycats and abusers of events?

It is still early and no-one has posted their proofs just yet.
I will ACCEPT this method of posting screenshots without the position markers provided it is not abused.
If I see any inclination of position marker copying (which will be very easy to tell) then those participants will be disqualified.
I will update the main post to include this submission method.

~Dbug

Top Bottom