First Monria Tower 40k Lyst!!!

Victory

I couldn't have made it through the night on Monria. Not for fear of anything but for anger. Anger at the fact that the only gods that I know to exist are completely incognizant of my plight at best. At worst they are actively planning it. Oh the hungry days, these days always bring them to mind. Even with a stomach full of proteron stew and Cyrenian Empis mead.

I have grown quite capable since those days but the helplessness I felt then has returned. Today was not an unproductive day, but my goals still seem so inaccessible. I've yet to uncover any significant discoveries about the presence of the Church of Cthulhu. Why can't I grasp it?! As hostile as the cultists have been to our intrusion, they surely could push us off this rock if they so choose. Why are they so casual in this conflict with us? It is almost as though they want us there.

I imagine it must relate to the Yogs somehow. These creatures certainly appear to have something more to them than simply the blind aggression they seem to act upon. The Yog's appearance is similar to some descriptions of the being known as Yog Sothoth. Now one must keep in mind these descriptions vary wildly and there is no such thing as a credible encounter with Yog Sothoth. The images that have been brought forward as possible representations of this monstrous entity have all been gleaned from madmen, the gibbering cadavers left behind as the shells of those who have crossed paths with it. One must also bear in mind that these "encounters" would most commonly be referred to as dreams in the common parlance. The chances that the cultists would take no interest in a creature with a possible link to their own deity's grandfather are pretty much zero, but what that interest may be eludes me. I have yet to witness any interactions between the cultists and the yogs.

Today I decided to investigate the craters as they seem to be the most likely location for potential interactions between the two. I've noticed that they largely congregate in separate areas and even when in proximity hardly take notice. The mystery is as opaque the very ground I walk upon. The ground... I walk upon? I pulled out my finder and began digging. I've done my time with AAS and I know sometimes to solve a mystery you have to dig a little deeper. As I mined and made my observations of the lifeforms in the craters, I made the occasional claim and it's helped fund my little expedition for the day. However there has been no substantial finds, no significant discoveries. All in all I was having a great day mining but then... What I found next made me angry. Not because it was even remotely related to what I was looking for but out of stupid lowly human jealousy.

Those hungry days of so long ago have never left me. All the success in the world and it would still never leave me but that is but an excuse. An excuse to write off emotions that I object to, an excuse for why I can not reject this fruitless emotion. As I prepared my finder to try to make yet another claim I stumbled across someone else's good fortune and could do naught but curse my own.

HUGE GZ from Monria Team!!!
First Monria Tower is a doozy!
40,126 PED Lysterium claimed by Roko the Wolf

40k.png

(P.S. We're still looking forward to congratulating you in your own thread for this pretty pretty Uber HOF!)

(P.S.S. For more of Victory's deliberations: http://monria.com/forum/index.php?threads/a-strange-dream.22/#post-62 )

Mikass

First tower for me,and first tower for Monria.Nothing special in equipment: Ziplex TK220 and level 5.
I was just in the right place at the right time.TY Monria,TY all and GL.
Congratulations! :)

Top Bottom