Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
GUIDE TO CHOOSING A MENTOR | MONRIAN BORN
First of All -- Welcome to Monria
Mentors are other players with more experience who have chosen to guide new players and teach the ins and outs of Entropia. As the universe is a very large and in-depth environment, this assistance helps new players navigate their own experiences as they progress with developing their avatar. Most Mentors enjoy helping new players, and also enjoy building bonds and new friendships.
However, there are a few who do not offer Mentoring for the right reasons, and the following information will help you to choose a good Mentor that will be of benefit and guide you through your experiences.
There are huge advantages to going through a Discipleship with a good Mentor:
- social advantages that allow you to meet other new and veteran players and make new friends
- you gain knowledge early on that can help you avoid costly decisions
- ----- (skills vs equipment, mobs for your level, how to craft, mine and hunt efficiently, etc.)
- you'll get to know the surroundings more quickly
- ----- (mobs, TP locations, missions, best sweating areas, other important locations, etc.)
- you'll get to learn the ins and outs of the economy more quickly
- ----- (Monria shops, auction house, private trading and good locations for such, fruit and stone gathering, etc.)
- you will skill faster with a good Mentor and the knowledge you gain from them
- most Importantly, a good Mentor will introduce you to the Fun Factor
- ----- (events, team hunts, various activities, parties, and so much more)
How to Choose a Mentor that Works for You
We created a section for potential Monria Volunteer Mentors to create their own threads in order to introduce themselves and share their information with regard to their mentoring qualifications. This will help you make a choice that will benefit your experiences.
Keep the following in mind when reviewing the Monria Volunteer Mentors List information:
- check a Mentor's length of time in the game and their level of experience
- check a Mentor's time-zone to make sure that your times are compatible
- you can click on the . (period) key to show current Entropia time in the in-game chat window
- check a Mentor's actual time in the game and how often so that you can coordinate times
- check for comments by other Disciples with regard to their experiences with a listed Mentor
- you can also check a Mentor's Rating in the game, as well as Graduated Disciples
- you can add the relevant Mentoring icons to your desktop through your Action Library
- ----- press the N key to open your Action Library
- ----- press the L key to open the Edit Panel
- ----- click on the keyboard icon on your Edit Panel to open your keyboard graphic
- ----- you can then drag the two Mentor-related icons to your desktop
- ----- you can also add them to an icon hot bar following the keyboard mapping info in MNAT Tutorial #2
If there is someone on the Mentors List that you are interested in talking to, you can facilitate this by engaging in one of the following options:
- send them a private message at the forum by clicking on their name and then Start Conversation
- log into Entropia Universe and click on the U key to open your Contacts (Friends List)
- at the top of your Friends List, click on Player Registry
- type in the full avatar name of the person you would like to contact at the top left in Registry window
- when their name appears, click on their name, and then Send Friend Request at the bottom right
- once they have accepted your Friend Request, they will appear on your Friend List
- ----- this will make it easier for you to communicate with them inside the game
- ----- to initiate a private message, right click on their name, highlight Avatar and select Private Chat
- ----- if they are not in the game, then highlight Avatar and choose to send a Chat Message
- once you have connected, introduce yourself and let them know you're looking for a Mentor
- let them know you chose them from the Monria Volunteer Mentors List at the forum and for what reasons
- take some time to interview them further to get a feel for compatibility
- if the two of you agree on a Mentor/Disciple relationship, either of you can initiate the process
- if your Mentor only sends you to the crafting machine to grind the daily mission, and ...
- doesn't take the time to teach you anything, or answer your questions, or spend any time with you ...
- you have the option of changing Mentors
- Things to be aware of when doing so:
- if you drop your Mentor to go with another Mentor, your Disciple experience will start at 0% again
- if you drop your Mentor, you have to do it before you reach 10% in your Disciple experience
- if your percentage is higher, you will be locked into your current Mentor
Selling Your Sweat
On Monria, "Avum AL AL" who is our Monrian Born Ambassador, was providing a sweat selling service, but he has been away from the game for a while due to real life demands on is time. At this time, it is not known when he'll be returning and/or providing this service. In the meantime, here is a link to his sweat buying program that hopefully will be back in the future.
Avum's Sweat Buying Program
The following are links to additional information.
Monrian Born Program | How it Works
Monria Volunteer Mentors
Monria New Arrival Tutorials (MNAT)
Monria Space Travel Program Sign-Up
HAVE FUN & Expect the Unexpected
This guide was created by @RosaRaine Buns and @Superraine raine r456 in an effort to help new players choose a Mentor that will be most effective for them. Unfortunately, Rosa and Raine are no longer active in EU but we thank them very much for taking the time to pull this guide together.