Fatty_Halloween_Banner.png

Hello, everyone! It's your friendly, neighborhood Fatty and boy do I have an announcement for you!

This Halloween, Monday the 31st of October, we will be holding a special event at DSEC-9! We will start the night by getting people acquainted with the area of DSEC-9. At 20:00 Server time, we will get you to the most important TPs, then at 22:00 Server time (or as close to as possible), we will start with the MAIN EVENT; wave events, starting with the Shrine (Village Wave), which gets you the 20% Run Speed Suit of the Elder Gods if you don't already have it! This amazing article of clothing may be worn UNDER your armor, making it perhaps the best Run Speed item in the game (If there is a better one, then I have no idea what it would be)!

Then we will do the Shogghols Wave, the Zokaraneus Wave, and finally the Tegunestene Wave deep in the Mountain of Madness. These waves each get you a piece for a quest that gets you the Shub Spine item which can be worn on your back and grants an increase in carrying cap of 20 kgs!

This event will be streamed, of course, since it will be a Monday and my regular streaming schedule anyway. A heads up, it is recommended that you bring a Lvl 10 or greater gun and use 5B plates on your armor (dying over and over is an option, though. Just play smart and you will have little difficulty). You may also want to start with at least 666 PED in ammo if you hope to get through every wave. You only need Tier 3 to 100% to get the rewards from each wave event, so once you reach this, you could switch to repairing the Shrine, healing others to help them achieve their goal, or just stand by until the end to conserve ammo. You may miss out on some sweet Globals and maybe a HOF or two if you do so however, (But don't get FOMO on my behalf). GET HYPED and we'll see you guys on Halloween! Start collecting PED!

PS: I know some people will be wrapping up Halloween Mayhem or be at a RL party socializing (and good for you if you are), maybe, so I understand if that is your top priority over this. However, if you can afford to spare a couple hours of your time to help us out, it would be greatly appreciated. We need a few heavy hitters for each wave.

I'd also love to have one of the Virtualsense Community Mods oversee it, if possible. I already have my Suit and Spine, so I will be doing this event strictly to help those who haven't gotten theirs yet. At the end I may use some of the creature control capsules I get, and we can have fun killing me. Did somebody say Great Pumpkin? XD

Feel free to leave a comment if you'd like to reserve a spot, but walk-ins are more than welcome. Obviously, can't stop anyone from participating, can we?

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
OMG Fatty ... just met you about a week ago and you have been amazing with the community. I popped in on your stream a couple of times too while you were on Monria, and then saw you at the Shrine and inside the mountain for the waves.

I think this is going to be an epic event, and it works out well because the VS Team will be holding its annual Halloween event the Saturday before on the 29th. We have all kinds of things going on, including a Halloween Costume Contest with great prizes.

This will be awesome, thank you Fatty, and let me officially welcome you to the community. :thumbsup

Glad to have the interest here. I'm planning on depo-ing some mulah that day so I will hopefully have plenty of ammo. Be sure you guys are preparing NOW. It's going to be intense! Think of this as the poor-man's Mayhem, though I am sure some of you will hit Mayhem too.

PS: May see you all the Saturday before for the annual Monria event too. ;)

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Hey Fatty ... Shadow created an event banner for you and I added it to your first post. We like helping in ways we can, but are limited in what we can do, so I hope this will help to get the word out.

I will definitely be at your event and will help in whatever ways are needed. :thumbsup

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
I will also let everyone know about your event on Monday during our Saturday Monria Halloween Event.

Just to clarify, when I said 0:00 Server on the 31st, I meant 0:00 Server when it is the 31st in America, so that means Monday and NOT Sunday. I have other plans Sunday. So, to be clear, it will technically be the 1st of November for our European friends. That is the update. Thank you all for understanding. :)

Toxic

Thank you guys for event, which was awesome even if sometimes does not go according to plan, i'm glad be part of event and especially i appreciate your work and patience DarkMoonEnigma.

I'm glad be part of monria :)

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
First, I want to give a HUGE thank you to Fatty for hosting this special event and for giving a large group of players the opportunity to experience our dynamic wave events at Mountain of Madness.

Second, a tremendous thank you to the group members for the great display of team work and achieving goals. It was fun for me to be able to witness such a large group working together and looking after each other during this lengthy engagement of all 4 dynamic events. Were there bumps in the road along the way, sure, but flexibility is key I think when taking on an event of this size and nature and getting everyone through it as smoothly as possible. Fatty did a great job of executing his plan for this event and goals were achieved.

I think we are witnessing a resurgence of a more vibrant community engaging in group activities and team work to accomplish goals, and I would be remiss if I didn't also say thank you to Ant and Kendra for their hard work creating the Mountain of Madness content. Also, for embracing our official lore to bring it more to life. I know they aren't done and we have more to look forward to with future VUs.

My humble thank you to all who participated in this event. It was a pleasure for me to watch it all play out. 💜

Top Bottom