Hallys Ramblings

Hally

Shop Owner
VCAT Team Member
Ive made a few post like this in the past, and with VU approaching ill thro some stuff out there again, all is said with love for the wonderfull planet of Toulan :)

Above all Toulan needs more codex to get,(new mobs) ive long time passed having repeat mission on all Toulan mobs, i cant gain any meta and quite frankly the math dosnt add up on most other mobs anymore, simple to big a cycle for the codex rewards given. also It would be nice if Toulan had any acces to the top tier codex options (aka tier1, tier4, rares, and a bunch of other names)

Thers also very little to hope for in terms of looting anything special on Toulan, the loot items needs an update, throwing some rare loot in there would surely help ppl grind for the chance. (This ofc not including the awesome pages and that whole line, which is amazing, thers just very long between these drops by now)

Monthly events, Im not sure if its just because its the longest running event in the universe, the fact thers so many other options or or if its the lack of special loot, but anykind of refresh of these events and or the loot one could hope to get would be very nice (where did the Jalid armor drops go ?) didnt the bosses also drop pills in the beginning ? others planets have this, maybe we can get it back ?

Toulan need more top level stuff, its apparent to me that thers been a focus on the entry lvl stuff, getting people invested, but by now i start seeing people that whent thru all this starting to depart and or drift off, go elsewhere and do less on Toulan

upgrade chains, having been an avid follower of everything Toulan i have chased all content, but seems to me we need more, i and others have talket about the lack of end game to strive for, even if dead rare, or way in the future, it would be nice to know if the Baraka set will ever come past adj, the cuhof 1 armor plates will ever be lvl2, will there be a new epic chain to upgrade some device, a fap, the crown, something new ?

Lack of certain resources: for quite a while now it seems adrenal oil hasnt dropped at all on toulan, which is kinda odd since its used for epic chain (crossover) and having to jump thru hoops to get that seems an oversight (prolly MA´s fault ?) but also certain minerals now seems to have become less frequent and harder to secure in the required ammounts, this would be ok, if the items they produced was balanced to this, which i belive its not, examples being qaz worm needed to make hakbeh, needed for the armor cuhof entrance, aqueeq for the mining amps and such, i feel thers very little progressing in this regard atm.

Carpets, carpets are among the coolest thing since sliced toast, but they have very little interrest from among the playerbase, this is probably because of 3 things mainly the fact they cant be spawned "offwold" the fact they are L and the fact that they cant be used in all of mountain of madness, the later being quite a letdown, they wuld be amazing inside the caves. Even if its slightly easier now, theyre still quite hard to make and most people find the concept interresting. maybe an upgrade mission to change the carpet to UL and allow it on other planets ?

Neon, the ammount of neon dropping is simply to high comoared to the few things its needed for, this seems unbalanced, textures would be a very simple and awesome use of this.

CUHOF, ive litteraly ran thousands of these, and lately ive been quite frustrated with them, absolutely nothing of interrest have dropped for me in the last several hundred k peds cycled in these, i havnt been able to track a single UL armor drop, and the lamps arent that interresting, instances being the way they are need cool items to make up for the way loot works in there.

Almost no rare globals, almost all items on Toulan has been removed from the global rare hof list, this leads me and others to think thers nothing special dropping, ive heard this from many medium and higher end players on others planets and on discord. I think we need to have more awareness of whats really going on, with this said, i also feel like thers less special items dropping, both during the monthly events where we used to see quite a few cool coats, dresses, hats and such. I wont begin to specualte (here) as to why this is, i do have have my ideas, but the results is the percieved idea that thers nothing to gain

Ceratin mob sizes seems to have been removed, this is not something i myself have had any issues with but i hear players asking for spawns that where aopparently here before, but now seems to have been removed, ive heard people asking for the smaller tabtab, and sunjoqs and mokhat

MoM/DSEC (Kinda Toulan), i really hope that MoM/DSEC gets codex, i really wanna do this so much, but im holding out for this to be fixed, the loot tables could use some love to, but i suspect that could change with codex and thus higher turnover.

Mokhat mission 1,2,3,4 There seems to be a few issues with this mission still, i hear that people are able to start the 4th mission without having done 1,2,3 and thus getting stuck in getting no progress but maybe it could be made so that we cant see 2,3,4 before theyre available to us. I keep seing available missions but its just those 3 that i can take, but they dont "stick"

Mirsal: Im quite certain im not the only one with quite a bit mirsal stashed away, that could use some new options to use this, all the smaller appartments are gone and for all but a few players getting so much mirsal as to buy one of the larger options seems impossible, the available deco are quite nice, but its rough spending so much on decorations in a game thats allready a bit hard to manage. I realize we might not get guns and armor in this catagoy, but then atleast other options would be awesome, im gonna suggest: Clothes, attachments, tittles, landscape decorations (golden statue/landmarks/billboards)

All of the above ofc as seen by my ego pow, thers obviusly things i dont understand and good reasons for things to be as they are and be as the be, but i hope that you guys can use it for something, past have shown you guys listen and pick what you see best :)
With that being said, ill also take this option to acknowledge the cool stuff going on, DME with help of others, especially DragonV has been doing maintenance on the mobs, their spawns and i allready see great improvement, you guys are developing on several locations and i know its no easy task. So thanks for the adventures you offer us :)

And a general thanks to everyone on Toulan and behind the scenes, we have a good thing going on at Toulan, and im especialy happy with the way the community embrace new players, and how well we get along :cool:

One Love Hally

P.S. Im available for any explanations or indepth answers you might want

Heidi Stassinopolis

Shop Owner
Volunteer Mentor
VCAT Team Member
I realize we might not get guns and armor in this catagoy, but then atleast other options would be awesome, im gonna suggest: Clothes, attachments, tittles, landscape decorations (golden statue/landmarks/billboards)
Maybe skill pills or other pills could be good?

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
I just want to remind everyone that the VS Team doesn't do this full-time, and Ant has a specific road map that he's following for very defined reasons, none of which I am at liberty to reveal at this time.

Toulan is not going to miss out on anything, there is still plenty to come, it's just a matter of timing based on the road map, but Toulan has gotten something every VU since we took over, so it is not neglected.

Also, keep in mind that we are in a phase related to the eventual transition to UE5, and that puts restrictions on certain things that also can't be discussed, so patience is requested.

The other thing is ... we have always been open about our community focus, and that we take care of our new players to help them advance their game play. As a Planet Partner, we are also tasked with player retention, so many of the decisions that are made play into that mindset. We have community programs that assist with this, and based on the stats that we get, it has been successful. We are able to guide new players along their path toward becoming mid-level, and there are many in the community who help with that as volunteers. There is also game engagement beyond mid-level as well, even though it may not be (at this time) what you would like.

There are plans for Toulan, but again, there is a specific road map (with very good reasons), as well as a time factor, and the VS Team is doing the best they can with what time they have available. It will make more sense as we evolve. While community is our primary focus, we are also a business, and Ant has proven over the years what it has taken to get from there to here, and he is still 100% committed to what his vision and agenda is, so all we ask is patience.

There's a rhyme and reason for what you see or don't see when it comes to VUs, and at times it is of no choice of our own, but what can be approved, as well as make it through balancing ... however, that too I can't discuss.

Ant knows what he's doing ... he knows what the community would like to see based on your Suggestions and Feedback, and I think he has done quite well implementing a lot of the community's ideas. Just have faith that it will all work out to be a more engaging experience as we move forward with our road map.

Top Bottom