How To Make Money

sluggo

Official PED Donator, Friend of Lootius
Shop Owner
Yanno, I just got an idea.

That fanook fap is gone I think, they don't do them anymore. Shame really.

With that, ok bear with me now, this is an insanity in progress....

Monria should have a short mission chain for someone to craft something similar. A very cheap throw away since they don't like UL stuff anymore FAP suitable for noobs and geezers alike. Maybe not so much craft them but maybe a token vendor. Ok maybe the mission chain unlocks the vendor.

And here's where the money comes in at...

Lets get a new item, call it "Money" .. thats it, just "Money".. and it is craftable.
How about to make it, it uses sweat (finally a use for that stuff), maybe some monria mob skins, and something else maybe a monria ore / enmat to make this 'Money".

The 'Money' is what you give to the vendor in return for the Monria FAP's.

Now.... next time someone comes in game and asks; " How do I make Money in here?" You show them a blueprint and point them to the crafter :D

sluggo

sluggo

Shop Owner
Yes, there are a number of items one can use sweat for. Many of them furniture / clothing. I was talking something a bit more Monria specific. Out of curiosity, of all the stuff one can use sweat for, I wonder how much of it is actually crafted on a daily basis. I can't see hundreds of pieces of furniture or truckers hats being made, unless there's a mission for it, or someone just wants to grind that print. What is the usefulness of the items? Yes one can say; "Well a weapon is a useful thing", but not really if it's a crap weapon. Maybe more accurate would be to ask, whats the velocity of the items made?

That's one of the things the Cy team did right over there was they created that daily mission that takes 500 sweat. Unfortunately it was offset by a bug that allowed people to collect sweat w/o threat of any mob action, and do so for months and months, which probably offset some of the gains they could have seen from it and of course helped depress sweat prices even more.

Every planet you go to, there is a huge glut of sweat. Granted the bot tards harvesting 24 hours a day doesn't help that. Having an actual use for it that is well... useful and NEEDED would be a good thing all around. Something like a good Eco starter Fap as an example, like the fanoos used to be, would be a boon to the planet that brought it out I think. There would be a constant market for them, and a constant need of raws, which would help a planets economy.

In a much broader picture, this would help people 'make money' as well. Even the non depo sweaters, make money by selling their sweat, and MA makes their money, because those people tend to pretty quick re invest that money right back into the game, via ammo etc etc.

I wonder why the Fanoos went away anyway? Because the planet died off?

sluggo

Deathsfear

Replacing Plushies with Sock Puppets
Platinum Sponsor
Welding Wire is usefull and the bp uses sweat. Your right not alot of the bp's that use sweat are a usefull item. That being said, Portable Repair tools, Portable TT Machines, Welding Wire, just to name 3 that are usefull and take sweat. The TT and Repairs take alot of sweat to make.

The problem with sweat is that it's high MU item and anyone can collect it. At 2/k it's 20000% - anything that take sweat as main ingredient will have to me high MU too. So it's either high MU item that is uneco or item with small sweat usage which won't solve the problem of sweat supply. Even if we would find a way to use sweat in meaningful way then it's price would rise (or stopped dropping) and ppl would sweat more and ruin the price again.

sluggo

Shop Owner
Right now there is a glut of sweat actually. I see many more people wanting to sell it than there are buyers. I personally know one person with 10 million bottles in storage. Getting 2 ped / k for sweat is doing good. I see it go for a lot less on caly.

sluggo

It goes for 1.5-1.7/k on Caly and I think over one year ago the price was the same. Then it was up to 1.8-2.0. So it looks like there are some cycles here between 1.5 and 2.0. Ark was "invaded" too, some ppl got the idea to buy on Caly and ship to ark and they ruined ark prices too which are basically the same as on Caly right now :(

I wonder what sweat price would have to be for ppl to stop sweating :D Will they still do it for 1/k?

Hovno

Volunteer Mentor
All you have to avoid this MU/price stuff is to make whatever items that are available on the vendor be non-tradeable, like those shotguns you can get from Hunt the Thing, or the skill pills from the lock boxes. I would also make sure folks only bought items that they actually needed instead of trying to run the market.

All you have to avoid this MU/price stuff is to make whatever items that are available on the vendor be non-tradeable, like those shotguns you can get from Hunt the Thing, or the skill pills from the lock boxes. I would also make sure folks only bought items that they actually needed instead of trying to run the market.
It won't solve the problem of high sweat MU. Even if item is bound, you still can't expand sweat value or MA willl lose and I"m pretty sure they won't allow it.

For example:
1) 5k sweat can't be exchangeable for 10ped tt bound item (even if you can't sell it to tt) because MA would lose money on weapon decay ppl would not pay.
2) We can insist of keeping sweat value intact so 5k sweat produce 0.05tt item. That would make sense for MA but would produce uneco items. Take that fanoos fap as example: it has 0.05 tt and eco around 180heal/pec. But that 5pec tt cost you 5k of sweat which is 10ped market value. So that fap's real eco would be 0.9heal/pec.

Sweat could be exchangeable for some item but that item would have to be something non-eco related. Some convenience item that save ppl time but not the cost. Something like portable tt or repair.

Kendra

Virtualsense Staff
Staff member
Official Moon Shopper
Virtualsense Media Team
I'm very bad at understanding MU and all that not being very eco my self... when I run out of PED I dance, clear my storage, sweat, or run around chatting to people :)

I know on Monria we are buying sweat at 3K but that is just to help our new players who are trying to exist on there sweating, I would not encourage players to buy from traders from Caly. I understand the importance of traders ro our economy, but sweat price is a lifeline for new players in game and it is important to help these guys as much as we can and help them to get on there feet.

is this a hiJack?

sluggo

Shop Owner
Sweat prices spiked on ark when they introduced that citizenship thing, you needed 10k sweat to get it. Now the prices are pretty much back where they normally are. Sweat I don't ever see going up in real value because after all, it's a freebie. Noobs can stand there all day, hell half the time half the sweat circle are botting / afk anyways, and gather thousands of sweat doing nothing, more critically SPENDING nothing. Then turn it around and sell the sweat, sell the skills, umm no, MA is not going to let that happen very easily at all. You can make things with sweat but that items value is going to be for a one to one craft, the value of all the stuff put into it. If you get a lucky craft it will be worth a bit more, or residuals as the case may be. As far as the value .vs. what people are willing to pay for it, MA really doesn't take that into consideration directly on the cost of stuff. People can pretend their sweat is worth 2 ped / K all day but at the end of the day, it's worth what MA says it's worth if it's still sitting in your locker because you can't find a buyer at your listed price.

sluggo

Top Bottom