Jeef Zajer Daily mission doesn't include all maturities

Fifth

Edit: The mission is OK, the mistake was mine (didn't notice there's actually 2 different mobs in this area).
Sry for confusion!

There's different varieties of some maturities, for example Ancient can be L19, L20 or L24.
Some of these varieties are not counting towards the daily mission.

Noticed this too late to give a comprehensive list, but one I'm certain does not count is:

L15 Jeef Zajer Legendary

I will try to update the list during the next daily mission.

(Haven't checked the regular Jeef Zajer mission counter, should u look into this problem it might be worth looking at the list of maturities for that one also.)

Last edited:

Fifth

Logged today the results until the daily mission counter reached 60 (half a mission).
The results below are the same for the daily mission and Quwa Challenge mission.

Maturities that count towards the mission (how many killed):

L24 Ancient (3)
L11 Assiliant (4) <-- spelling error in mob name
L13 Master (11)
L14 Primeval (18)
L15 Grand Master (20)
L20 Legendary (4)
Total 60

Maturities that don't count (how many killed):

L9 Pioneer (1)
L10 Assailant (1)
L17 Legendary (21)
L12 Master (9)
L15 Ancient (2)
L19 Ancient (10)
L15 Primeval (20)
L14 Grand Master (20)
Total 84

Time: the time of posting
(It's a clean spawn, only Jeef Zajer in this area)

Last edited:

Miles Stardust

VCAT Team Member
There is one area where Jeef Zajer and Jeef Qahar coexist - the Jeff Zajer's are tougher at higher maturities - although Jeef Qaher's seem to be more aggressive.

I've done plenty of the various Jeef missions, daily and quwa, and haven't seen any problem with the counts, but it can be a bit confusing which is which at times. They both drop a lot of the same loot, too.

Cheers,
Miles

Jetman

Logged today the results until the daily mission counter reached 60 (half a mission).
The results below are the same for the daily mission and Quwa Challenge mission.

L24 Ancient (3)
L13 Master (11)
L14 Primeval (18)
L15 Grand Master (20)
L20 Legendary (4)
Total 60

L9 Pioneer (1)
L10 Assailant (1)
L17 Legendary (21)
L12 Master (9)
L15 Ancient (2)
L19 Ancient (10)
L15 Primeval (20)
L14 Grand Master (20)
Total 84

yea looking at the lvls that didn't count, they match the Qaher, so it must be the Qaher and Zajer mixed.

there is a daily mission for both of them btw, 2 zajer (plus iron) 1 Qaher (plus iron) so can be completed together at that spawn

links to wiki for both, with image, the qaher are generally black and the zajer pinky/purple

http://toulan.wikia.com/wiki/Jeef_Qaher
http://toulan.wikia.com/wiki/Jeef_Zajer

Miles Stardust

VCAT Team Member

L24 Ancient (3)
L13 Master (11)
L14 Primeval (18)
L15 Grand Master (20)
L20 Legendary (4)
Total 60

L9 Pioneer (1)
L10 Assailant (1)
L17 Legendary (21)
L12 Master (9)
L15 Ancient (2)
L19 Ancient (10)
L15 Primeval (20)
L14 Grand Master (20)
Total 84

Frith,

I hunt there often, and that area is full of both types of Jeefs, and the all maturities you mention not counting match up with Jeef Qaher maturities. Check your Jeef Qahar mission counter and I'm almost certain you will find your missing kills.

There is also second Jeef Zajer Daily mission (100) you can pickup in Nahar City and do simultaneously. :D

Cheers,
Miles

Jetman

on a side note, would it be possible to alter the models slightly to create a greater difference? maybe different weapons in hand or a greater contrast in colour, perhaps the Jeef Zajer in Sada or Zeraf coloured armour and the Jeef Qaher in the darker Heran/Haris? would help in identifying at a distance

Mohammed|Beladcom

Beladcom Official
on a side note, would it be possible to alter the models slightly to create a greater difference? maybe different weapons in hand or a greater contrast in colour, perhaps the Jeef Zajer in Sada or Zeraf coloured armour and the Jeef Qaher in the darker Heran/Haris? would help in identifying at a distance

Thanks Jetman, we'll take your suggestion into consideration to see how we make each Jeef Mob stand out more.

Fifth

I hunt there often, and that area is full of both types of Jeefs, and the all maturities you mention not counting match up with Jeef Qaher maturities. Check your Jeef Qahar mission counter and I'm almost certain you will find your missing kills.
Oh this would explain what really happened. This is the most likely explanation indeed.
(I will go and check this in a few min, just to be certain... and yes your right, I didn't notice there's actually 2 different mobs. My bad, sry for confusion!

The problem with this area is the fog-thing that hovers around one of the ice mountains. With my settings (Customized Very High, with all additional options maxed) after entering this fog all mobs and even my own avatar turns very dark (almost black), so it's almost impossible to tell apart the lighter and darker Jeefs unless u look at their labels.

BlackQaher2.jpg

Last edited:

Mohammed|Beladcom

Beladcom Official
I didn't notice there's actually 2 different mobs

To avoid confusion, we'll separate mixed spawns of Jeef mobs in the future.

The problem with this area is the fog-thing that hovers around one of the ice mountains. With my settings (Customized Very High, with all additional options maxed) after entering this fog all mobs and even my own avatar turns very dark (almost black), so it's almost impossible to tell apart the lighter and darker Jeefs unless u look at their labels.

View attachment 422

We'll optimize the graphics performance for mentioned issues.

Thanks for the valued feedback Fifth, keep it coming!

Fifth

We'll optimize the graphics performance for mentioned issues.
Actually this strange fog, the visual effects it creates and the howling wind is all very interesting. To water it down just because one player didn't pay attention and messed up... that would be unfortunate.
I think whoever designed this little feature was very talented and did a good job there. Maybe just change the mixed spawn in this area, I believe that would be quite enough.
Thanks for the valued feedback Fifth, keep it coming!
Oh, your'e too kind, I messed up there and I feel pretty stupid about it... lol

Miles Stardust

VCAT Team Member
There is a zone in this area, south west of the Al-Nahar Snow Mountain outpost, where the lighting goes weird and avatars and mobs lose their shading, and most of the atmospheric effects shut off - like in the picture above. You can actually move back and forth across the border and see yourself and the mobs move in and out of this bugged lighting area.

I do like the mixed mob spawns, but Jeef Zajer's do not have a solo spawn anywhere. Perhaps adding a Zajer-only spawn in a currently empty area up north would be good.

Frith - in your defense, the 2 mobs do look exactly the same (all black) under the conditions you reported - although with their shading intact, they do look fairly different from each other, much more than they used to.

Also, the weather gets even wilder up on the mountain, right up in the snow and fog and lightening(!?). Just last night I was playing king of the hill with the Duhol's and Zajer's that surround the mountain. The effect is great.

Cheers,
Miles

Top Bottom