Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
break-c.png

LET YOUR SUCCESS BE YOUR NOISE
break-c.png

Saturday - January 23, 2016

We are now three days shy of two months since taking over the Moon. I think I should have done an update a bit sooner because so much has taken place since the last one. We have quite a bit going on publicly, but also a tremendous amount of activity behind the scenes that keeps us fully engaged.

Managing anything can come with its challenges, but I find that my only real challenge is time. I'm having so much fun, and want more time to employ as much creativity as possible in keeping our community active and contributing to what we can do even better to make our Monrian experiences more satisfying.

I have to say that the Monrian community makes my job easy because of how supportive they are. There's not a day that goes by where I am not asked by someone what they can do to help, or inspire me with more creative ideas that I keep a record of for future implementation if it fits with our goals. This tells me that we're doing something right, and if that's the case, then we're going to keep on doing what we're doing.

Community initiatives are part of my responsibility toward building the type of environment we'd like to achieve, so what is in place now is going to continue to look different as we evolve. We look at possibilities and also see where we could be more supportive of the community's efforts.

This is a work in progress and won't happen overnight. We want the members of the community to be successful too, which is why we implemented the Community Initiatives Program (CIP). Every team that falls under the umbrella of this program will benefit from our support, because in doing so, the benefit extends to the entire community.

Following is what has been accomplished in the past 20 days:

Community Advisers Program
  • we added a new CA member - @KrazySmitty
  • we now have a sufficient number of Community Advisers to support the US time zones
  • however, we will consider adding new CAs for other time zones
  • we launched our Monria New Player Starter Kit Program on January 10th
  • each CA has their own sub-section in our private area to track progress on kits delivered
  • these kits are provided for Monrian-born participants only
  • we are still in discussion to determine if a crafting wave is a good idea at this time
  • the CIP program guidelines keep finding themselves at the edge of my desk - they will get done
  • the guidelines will represent what the community can expect from CIP program team members
Monria Mentors Program
  • 5 of the current Community Advisers are also official Monrian Mentors
  • we added @Okamisama and @KrazySmitty as our newest Monrian Mentors
  • we now have a sufficient number of Monrian Mentors to support the US time zone
  • however, we will consider adding new Monrian Mentors for other time zones
  • we have begun discussions with regard to a plan of action and this program is soon to launch
  • official Monrian Mentors and their Disciples will benefit from the Community Initiatives Program
  • we will have events and activities to support beginner experiences
  • the Monrian Mentors have their own sub-section in the private area to track progress with Disciples
Monria Space Travel Program
  • the Monria Free Space Travel Program launched on January 8th - check to see if you are eligible
  • if you are, then go to the Monria Space Travel Program Sign-Up List and follow instructions
  • Xander Zan Catman, General, The Knights of Entropia (TKoE) is doing an excellent job of managing the program, and the TKoE crew is superb - (although they may not let me pilot the Yamato on future repair skilling trips because I got them blown up - story and video will be posted soon)
  • Xander and his Colonels are working out a Monria Fee Travel Schedule which will be posted soon
  • we also have a new program that will be initiated in the near future that will benefit new players
Monria Shop Owners Program
  • I am adding Shop Owners to the CIP program initiatives because we definitely want to support them
  • I will also create a private section in the forum where Shop Owners can discuss needs/wants/ideas
  • the goal is to have a balance of supply and demand to accommodate the Monrian community's needs
  • this will be accomplished even if we don't have a very active Monrian Auction House
  • therefore, it is key for us to support the Shop Owners in becoming successful businesses
  • I will contact the current active Shop Owners with the details
  • if there are Monria Shop Owners who have not come forth since the management change, please do
  • each Shop Owner has their own dedicated sub-forum with moderator permissions
  • Monria Shop Owners are also eligible for our Monria Free Space Travel Program
Monria Wiki
  • @Angel Of Shadows continues to be our lead contributor
  • as a result of her consistent dedication, I felt she deserved something special
  • however, @Crazyshadow is a close second with his mining and resource contributions
  • there are now multiple Monria Wiki pages that cover hunting, mining, crafting, weapons and more
  • the link to the Monria Wiki is at the top left of the forum
  • I currently have a Monria Wiki Event running until Feb 14th - who wants to win an apartment?
  • there is still much more to be added to the Monria Wiki, and if you'd like to contribute, let us know
Monria Mapping
  • the Monria Mapping is still a work in progress
  • however, @Crazyshadow has now published his mining maps in the Monria Wiki at the forum
  • we still need to sort out creature maps, and any other maps that would be beneficial
  • if you have an idea of a Monria Map that would be of help, let us know
Monria Participants Board
  • I think we are getting progressively closer to initiating and launching this program
  • I would like more programs in place, because members will be elected by the Monrian community
  • I will give an update when we're ready to move forward on this
Other Monria News
  • part of our efforts in building our community-centric environment is recognizing dedicated Monrians
  • during the course of my Monrian activities, I have needed assistance with some of my projects
  • I am not a Wiki expert (not even close), and I am not a graphics person (barely novice)
  • one individual who came to my rescue multiple times, has now become my graphics guru
  • @Eric Shade Avenged is officially my graphics partner, and as a result, got something special too
  • however, the door isn't closed, but there are stringent requirements if you want to contribute
  • you must be able to scale (repel and climb) mountainsides as witnessed in this event graphic
  • and -- be prepared to traverse any number of obstacles to achieve the desired result
As you can see, we've been quite busy, and there's no slowing down, because there's a lot more work to be done, and a lot more fun to be had. We won't be happy until we're hanging from The Hub rafters singing kumbaya with a sh**t load of fireworks blowin' up in our faces.

Let's make it happen. :D

KrazySmitty

Space Cadet
Saturday - January 23, 2016

We are now three days shy of two months since taking over the Moon. I think I should have done an update a bit sooner because so much has taken place since the last one. We have quite a bit going on publicly, but also a tremendous amount of activity behind the scenes that keeps us fully engaged.

Managing anything can come with its challenges, but I find that my only real challenge is time. I'm having so much fun, and want more time to employ as much creativity as possible in keeping our community active and contributing to what we can do even better to make our Monrian experiences more satisfying.

I have to say that the Monrian community makes my job easy because of how supportive they are. There's not a day that goes by where I am not asked by someone what they can do to help, or to inspire me with more creative ideas that I keep a record of for future implementation if it fits with our goals. This tells me that we're doing something right, and if that's the case, then we're going to keep on doing what we're doing.

Community initiatives are part of my responsibility toward building the type of environment we'd like to achieve, so what is in place now is going to continue to look different as we evolve. We look at possibilities and also see where we could be more supportive of the community's efforts.

This is a work in progress and won't happen overnight. We want the members of the community to be successful too, which is why we implemented the Community Initiatives Program (CIP). Every team that falls under the umbrella of this program will benefit from our support, because in doing so, the benefit extends to the entire community.

Following is what has been accomplished in the past 20 days:

Community Advisers Program
  • we added a new CA member - @KrazySmitty
  • we now have a sufficient number of Community Advisers to support the US time zone
  • however, we will consider adding new CAs for other time zones
  • we launched our Monria New Player Starter Kit Program on January 10th
  • each CA has their own sub-section in our private area to track progress on kits delivered
  • these kits are provided for Monrian-born participants only
  • we are still in discussion to determine if a crafting wave is a good idea at this time
  • the CIP program guidelines keep finding themselves at the edge of my desk - they will get done
  • the guidelines will represent what the community can expect from CIP program team members
Monria Mentors Program
  • 5 of the current Community Advisers are also official Monrian Mentors
  • we added @Okamisama and @KrazySmitty as our newest Monrian Mentors
  • we now have a sufficient number of Monrian Mentors to support the US time zone
  • however, we will consider adding new Monrian Mentors for other time zones
  • we have begun discussions with regard to a plan of action and this program is soon to launch
  • official Monrian Mentors and their Disciples will benefit from the Community Initiatives Program
  • we will have events and activities to support beginner experiences
  • the Monrian Mentors have their own sub-section in the private area to track progress with Disciples
Monria Space Travel Program
  • the Monria Free Space Travel Program launched on January 8th - check to see if you are eligible
  • if you are, then go to the Monria Space Travel Program Sign-Up List and follow instructions
  • Xander Zan Catman, General, The Knights of Entropia (TKoE) is doing an excellent job of managing the program, and the TKoE crew is superb - (although they may not let me pilot the Yamato on future repair skilling trips because I got them blown up - story and video will be posted soon)
  • Xander and his Colonels are working out a Monria Fee Travel Schedule which will be posted soon
  • we also have a new program that will be initiated in the near future that will benefit new players
Monria Shop Owners Program
  • I am adding Shop Owners to the CIP program initiatives because we definitely want to support them
  • I will also create a private section in the forum where Shop Owners can discuss needs/wants/ideas
  • the goal is to have a balance of supply and demand to accommodate the Monrian community's needs
  • this will be accomplished even if we don't have a very active Monrian Auction House
  • therefore, it is key for us to support the Shop Owners in becoming successful businesses
  • I will contact the current active Shop Owners with the details
  • if there are Monria Shop Owners who have not come forth since the management change, please do
  • each Shop Owner has their own dedicated sub-forum with moderator permissions
  • Monria Shop Owners are also eligible for our Monria Free Space Travel Program
Monria Wiki
  • @Angel Of Shadows continues to be our lead contributor
  • as a result of her consistent dedication, I felt she deserved something special
  • however, @Crazyshadow is a close second with his mining and resource contributions
  • there are now multiple Monria Wiki pages that cover hunting, mining, crafting, weapons and more
  • the link to the Monria Wiki is at the top left of the forum
  • I currently have a Monria Wiki Event running until Feb 14th - who wants to win an apartment?
  • there is still much more to be added to the Monria Wiki, and if you'd like to contribute, let us know
Monria Mapping
  • the Monria Mapping is still a work in progress
  • however, @Crazyshadow has now published his mining maps in the Monria Wiki at the forum
  • we still need to sort out creature maps, and any other maps that would be beneficial
  • if you have an idea of a Monria Map that would be of help, let us know
Monria Participants Board
  • I think we are getting progressively closer to initiating and launching this program
  • I would like more programs in place, because members will be elected by the Monrian community
  • I will give an update when we're ready to move forward on this
Other Monria News
  • part of our efforts in building our community-centric environment is recognizing dedicated Monrians
  • during the course of my Monrian activities, I have needed assistance with some of my projects
  • I am not a Wiki expert (not even close), and I am not a graphics person (barely novice)
  • one individual who came to my rescue multiple times, has now become my graphics guru
  • @Eric Shade Avenged is officially my graphics partner, and as a result, got something special too
  • however, the door isn't closed, but there are stringent requirements if you want to contribute
  • you must be able to scale (repel and climb) mountainsides as witnessed in this event graphic
  • and -- be prepared to traverse any number of obstacles to achieve the desired result
As you can see, we've been quite busy, and there's no slowing down, because there's a lot more work to be done, and a lot more fun to be had. We won't be happy until we're hanging from The Hub rafters singing kumbaya and a sh!!t load of fireworks blowin' up in our faces.

Let's make it happen. :D
how to get to the private sector :)

sluggo

Official PED Donator, Friend of Lootius
Shop Owner
As you can see, we've been quite busy, and there's no slowing down, because there's a lot more work to be done, and a lot more fun to be had. We won't be happy until we're hanging from The Hub rafters singing kumbaya and a sh!!t load of fireworks blowin' up in our faces.

Not ONE mention of Ale, Pubs, or other Boozin fun? Im shocked.
Great write up though, you are making a lot of progress and that is totally awesome.
When you look at what you have accomplished in just a few short months, compared to what others have taken years, and not yet accomplished, it's just tremendous. It's also very good to see that MA is genuinely interested and being supportive as well. I believe you have a business model here that should play out to be VERY successful for everyone. When people feel like they are a part of something and not just along for the ride, or worse yet, being taken for a ride, they tend to put their hearts into it much more than just a 'participation' relationship. I truly believe that once we get this place fully rolling with all the stuff that is planned, people will WANT to call this home and it's not just a stop over because of an event here or there. The skies the limit and you already own a piece of it.

Sluggo

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Easy to tell who's doing all the work in this partnership! We even have more smilies, I didn't even know we needed more smilies... :dancing

@Dark Moon Enigma is a rock and as she often says herself she is only just getting started!

Thank you

Ant

You, more than anyone, know just how precious those words are to me. I'm with you 100%. :cheers2

By the way -- you do a LOT of work behind the scenes that's majorly critical, so I would say that we both have our hands full, but we're also enjoying every minute of it. :D

How often does someone get a job like this, really. :clap

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
how to get to the private sector :)

I'll catch up with you KS to get you sorted. :)

Not ONE mention of Ale, Pubs, or other Boozin fun? Im shocked.
Great write up though, you are making a lot of progress and that is totally awesome.
When you look at what you have accomplished in just a few short months, compared to what others have taken years, and not yet accomplished, it's just tremendous. It's also very good to see that MA is genuinely interested and being supportive as well. I believe you have a business model here that should play out to be VERY successful for everyone. When people feel like they are a part of something and not just along for the ride, or worse yet, being taken for a ride, they tend to put their hearts into it much more than just a 'participation' relationship. I truly believe that once we get this place fulling rolling with all the stuff that is planned, people will WANT to call this home and it's not just a stop over because of an event here or there. The skies the limit and you already own a piece of it.

Sluggo

I may tease you at times, but you have fast become a super friend, and one of the most dedicated Monrians we have in our community (and there are a lot). You're a nutball, but somebody has to do it. :p

Thank you very much for your words Sluggo, they mean a lot, and I think in the time that you have been with us on the Moon, you have learned our mindset pretty well. It hasn't even been two months since we took over the Moon - it's just shy of 3 days, and we have no intention of slowing down.

We may not be able to do all that we want to do as quickly as we want to do it, but we will persevere.

We also appreciate the community's support. :thumbsup

Kendra

Virtualsense Staff
Staff member
Official Moon Shopper
Virtualsense Media Team
Well done DME:thumbsup:D

You've done such a huge amount of work and gone beyond the expectations of us mere mortals :D

You really put your heart and soul into this and it is greatly appreciated by everyone:dancing

You're giving this rock so much life and momentum that we may turn into a comet:p

Again and again you're aaaawsome :clap

And you can never have too many emoticons :loco:havingamoment

Top Bottom