Lotus instances !

Raindrop

Hello guys as many ppl know i farm for more than 4 months the lotus dungeon for the armor . I circled more than 600k peds in the area .
First need to have the crown for looting gold parts long chain quest took me 2 months at lest .after start to farm lotus invaders for molten keys . So to make 100 brown molten to make one key circle more than 40 k peds , same as for black and blue ( those are for solo instances ) After go inside and loot some gold parts (not key just parts ) after my experience you need around at least 3 brown keys , 5 - 6 blue and 8-9 black to make one gold key .
I made more than 30 gold keys. In last 10 gold instances i didnt loot any lotus part . In more that 30 gold keys i never saw and lotus plates ( i honesty dont think are un the loot pool ) cuse nobody looted one .
So conclusion after all this time i dind looted any female parts for myself and got only 2 male parts ;forgot to say i made 3 golden team also with no loot .
So to make thins aromor need at least 10 milions peds to circle and few years .
Make the molten keys drop more often so we can make more instances cuse as it now will be just empty areas with no players
I hope MA will not make again same mistake to give one player 13 parts in one run .
Happy hunting for those who have loads and loads of peds and few years to make a armor set .
Kind Regards !

Synial

I’ve been staying away from any lotus conversations lately due to the amount of hate mail and harassment (lol actually not joking) I got over looting lotus armor. Wasn’t going to respond to this but I reread it and got annoyed. Figured some perspective is probably needed for most people… Not going to go into any loot theory but will make a list for emphasis.

Lotus VU came out Nov 30

6 Pieces dropped from from Nov 30 to Jan 22 – these only dropped in the team version of the instance (accessible without crown). These pieces were looted by what I would consider DSEC tourists, popping in every so often and putting together a key, looting armor, and leaving - Basically leaching off the cycle in the zone from other people (mostly me).

Red molten used to drop more frequently than every other molten combined.

Time to put together a gold team key used to be about the same time requirement as putting together 1 brown solo key.

Red molten and gold molten drop rates were (drastically) changed and acquisition of lotus armor stopped because the effort to make the team keys were “too expensive” for the people that were running it previously. This happened early January. People still had gold molten stockpiles in the bank from before the change and looted more pieces with them though.

Nobody was complaining about the amount of lotus armor that came from team instances up until this point (even though they were frankly completely undeserved and not worked for by those who looted them, imo).

From Nov 30 to Mar 1 (the next VU where I got a load of lotus armor): I had run multitudes more dungeons and cycled more ped than the previous groups combined.

So, in much more than double the effort/time spent/ped spent, I looted 13 armor pieces from solo compared to 6 looted in team (2.16 times to be exact).

Up until the Mar 1 VU, the piece to make the gold solo key was not dropping (you could not combine excess key parts to make a full key before this VU).

Ask other crown holders how many dungeons they had ran compared to me – I can tell you that they all gave up after a few days – they did not spent an entire VU in the zone like I did.

If I recall correctly, VIZZ was the only other person that had even completed the lotus invader codex at that time. They quit the zone after a few days, maybe a week, of 0 solo gold keys.

Other crown holders did not put in the effort as they had better MU opportunities elsewhere or could not run the instance so they didn’t bother. They couldn’t even make a key when the technician came out.

So, after reading this, do you think 13 pieces dropping at once was a mistake, or mindark putting what was supposed to have been looted by that point into the pool all at once?

Ironically: the drop rate did not change until after the loot pileup had been collected, after people had a meltdown about so much being looted. Apparently people thought it was too common with that much dropping over that amount of time, so now it is rarer. A consequence of ignorant complaints but this is the reality now I guess.

In regards to the plate, I think that item was a mistake. It has 44 points of protection (sand king defender plate is 35 by comparison). 6 electric and 6 shrapnel takes the item way over the budget for acceptable drop rate, and is frankly a bad mix of stats, it could be reworked to be more common. I hope it doesn’t drop at all, is removed, and is put back in with something like 32-35 (20burn 12pen 1ele 1shrap would be better if this mix is necessary) points of protection and given like a fixed 5-10% chance to drop out of each box regardless of wave status.

Also, random closing note, you got your crown on Mon, 14 Mar 2022 13:38:45, roughly 2 months ago now.

I know you haven't spent all of your time at lotus and Easter Mayhem took up almost a month of time since then. Considering that 4 pieces have dropped since I looted the 13, I'm not sure if we are actually that far off of what is intended...

edit: fixed typo

Last edited:

Raindrop

The devs told me was a MA mistake i dont pull it out of my hat you know when you looted 13 parts so argue wuth them . I looted 2 pieces and am repeat 15 on lotus invaders so i think i killed as much as you . This post was not to tell about your luck i onesty dont care i just told players how much they need to make a full lotus set after my experience

Synial

My post wasn't meant to be an argument but I do find it interesting that devs would comment on loot mechanics.. what did they say was a mistake? That the armor dropped at all or that it all dropped at once? Because yes, it was definitely a mistake that the solo instance was not accessible for the entirety of a VU.

The way that it dropped was definitely due to a mistake... but a predictable outcome. Loot dumps and quantity corrections happen all the time so I'm curious what exactly the mistake was, that they specifically admitted to, in context.

Fun fact, since late november, the same quantity of titan and lotus armor has dropped. You are talking about the cost of acquiring the armor but that's because you are throwing ped at it constantly while assuming that there isn't a dynamic element to loot distribution.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Just for clarity, when someone PMs me in game, or does a lot of complaining in chat channels about loot drops, I've said many times that I can't discuss anything having to do with loot, and that we, or any of the PPs don't control loot drops. It's totally managed by MindArk, and I don't know what those mechanics are, so I can't even speak to that. You guys always joke about Sally the dog being the Balancing Manager, so this is nothing new, and it happens across the universe, not just at our locations.

Also, I never said that it was an "MA mistake" ... I would never say those words, so please don't misrepresent my responses. I have shared my in-game PM exchange with Raindrop in our staff forum so that Ant is aware of exactly what was said.

Going forward, I'm going to respectfully ask that no one PM me in game with complaints about loot drops or loot in general, because I get a multitude of PMs from community members who need help in one form or another and it takes up a lot of my time. I would prefer that you come to the forum to post your feedback so that Ant can see it, but know if it's anything about loot, he won't respond to it either. We simply can't talk about loot, loot drops, loot waves, loot theories, loot mechanics, etc.

Or ... you can send Sally a support case. :p

Synial

Some people leave cookies for Santa but I leave treats for Sally.. and sometimes I leave her messages in local chat too.

Am I the only one? 🤔

:nervous:

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
sally.JPG

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Sally is actually the dog of one of the key MA staff members, and there are other cute photos of her out there too, I just haven't found them yet ... also, on the EU Discord, someone made an actual Sally emoji ... it's adorable.

Thought I would share a couple of EU Discord comments about Sally that are quite fun ...

Rocket — 04/02/2022
how can i get a 1-on-1 line with sally to explain how it's possible i have not looted a rare token yet

SubZero — 04/02/2022
Here's hoping @My Antonsson | MindArk can send it to the balancing manager Sally, along with some treats of motivation.

Sally has become a Rock Star. :thumbsup

Top Bottom