Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Just a heads up that my time in the game will be minimal and reserved for basically ship duties on Friday and Sunday, and hopefully a bit of time during Saturday's event. This is due to the escalated issues with my big computer. As many of you know, I have had blue screen issues since last year, and just recently, this issue increased in frequency, along with screen freezes. I've had to do 2-3 manual reboots at times in order to get to a point where I can even log into the game.

The computer I have I've had for a long time, and I'm way overdue for a new one. Well, I broke down finally, and on Monday this week (Apr 12th) I ordered a new computer after a grueling session with my tech guru Malgar. :p He has been SO helpful and patient with all of my questions so that the logic of everything fit into place for me, and helped me understand what would work best for me given the kind of work I do in and out of EU. He did try to save me money, but there was no way I was going to spend stressful time and frustration try to once again upgrade this antiquated computer ... I wanted plug and play. 🙃 You'll understand why at the end.

The new computer is being delivered on Monday, Apr 19th sometime before 7pm my time (I am 4 hrs behind game time). Once I have everything set up, I'll be able to check in on you guys more than a hot minute, and more than once a day. I'm just happy I was able to get all of the shops on Toulan online before anything drastic happened, and I'm hoping I'll be able to make it to Monday without too many issues. I've already taken steps to transfer just the files I'll need to work with, and a list of the programs I'll need to download. I'm liking this clean and fresh start.

I don't do streaming, but the media work I do, especially with the magazines and wanting to do more videos, this system will work great for me.

Here is my new setup, but I also ordered a 2TB SSD drive for storage. I'm totally excited now and can't wait for everything to arrive.

ComputerDetails.PNG

Ryzen5-CaseInterior.PNG

Loving the simplicity of how the side panel opens up.

Ryzen5-SidePanel.PNG

Here is what my current computer insides look like. It was in the middle of being upgraded, but can you imagine what it would be like with all of those cables stuffed in there. The side of the case is always open and I have a fan blowing directly into the inside because my fans don't work properly anymore either. I worked this computer to death I guess you could say. I'm embarrassed to say just how many years I've had it, but at one point, I literally replaced the motherboard while Obie instructed me over the phone, so I guess I got that going for me, LOL ... so, there was no way I was going to do any transferring of drives or replacing anything, period. I'm starting fresh.

AMD Phenom II X4 965 -- Deneb 45nm Technology
12.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
ASRock 970M Pro3 (CPUSocket)

V243H (1920x1080@60Hz)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB (PNY)

931GB Western Digital WDC WD1003FZEX-00MK2A0 ATA Device (SATA)
447GB SSD PLUS 480GB (SSD)

DME-OldComputer.png

Are we done laughing yet, LOL ... that is just pitiful. o_O

I really needed to get out of the middle ages. :jumpclap

Thought I would also add the new monitor I got as well ... I love that the AMD FreeSync Premium will work well with my AMD Ryzen computer ... this is going to be fun ... can't wait until Monday when it's being delivered.

1-NewMonitor.PNG

1-NewMonitor-2.PNG

Avum AL

Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Monrian Born Ambassador
Lovely case :)
I love the ones with tempered glasses.
Thats a nice upgrade as well :)
Enjoy your new PC DME :)

And OMG all those cables on the old oneo_O

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
I edited the first post and added my new monitor at the bottom as well ... I got that size because the 27" wasn't available, but I'm not sorry I got it ... I ordered a seat belt too. :p (Just Kidding)

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Just a heads up ... my new computer was delivered last night, and it was too late to set it up and do the downloads, etc ... so I am now going to spend time doing that and will check in once I get it sorted.

I'm like a kid on Christmas morning. :jumpclap

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Ran into difficulty installing the 2TB SSD drive, which should have been simple ... Malgar spent some time with me in trying to sort it out, and while I was able to find the large plug for the drive, I'm having an issue finding the smaller one, LOL, but I'm still at it .. I still have to assemble the monitor and then plug everything in, so I'm going to keep at this.

I have to download my programs too, so not sure I'll be logging into the game tonight, but if I do, it will be late.

Malgar will check in on me tomorrow ... I was sharing photos with the cable stuff too, was too fun, LOL ... this should have been easy.

Catch up soon, will be shutting this computer down soon, so I'll have to communicate via my phone until the new one is set up.

Kendra

Virtualsense Staff
Staff member
Official Moon Shopper
Virtualsense Media Team
HEY you still in your cocoon or are you now a beautiful new butterfly?

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Got the computer together but had to use the SATA cable from my old computer because they didn't supply one to use with the 2TB SSD drive I'm using for storage, they said because it's considered an upgrade.

Now I'm having an issue getting the monitor stand to work. The small photo instructions suck, and there are no text instructions. I struggled with it for a couple of hours but it was getting close to midnight. So I gave up and went to bed.

I'll deal with it when I get up, it's only 6:30am and I'm not ready yet.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Got the monitor sorted and we have lift-off ... I am now setting everything up and downloading programs, etc.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
I am now at the forum on my new computer ... I have Discord downloaded and about to download EU ... geezus, this monitor size is amazing ... going to take some time to get used to everything ... can't wait to log into the game.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Ok, I've talked enough about my new computer setup and how excited I am, this really is like Christmas morning for me because I've needed a new system for a very long time, and continuing to put bandaids on the old one just wasn't getting it anymore, especially when it interfered with my work for VS and our communities.

I apologize if I was too over-excited, it just means a lot to me because I can do much more now without all the frustrations, and especially the blue screens and screen freezes. My elevated excitement if for the media projects that have been on hold, and especially a new one that Morrath and I are going to be working on for Monria and Toulan, along with some help from Shadow and Malgar, and I'm going to target one more community member in particular who I think will be able to contribute some good things.

Thank you to all who have supported my craziness with all of this, it's appreciated ... it is now time to get busy. :jumpclap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom