Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
break-c.png

MNAT Tutorial # 4 | Sweating
break-c.png

Definition of Sweating
  • as a new player, sweating is a means to support your hunting and/or other activities
  • sweating provides free PEDs and one of the activities in the game that is 100% profitable
  • --- the other is to walk a planet or Moon to discover fruits and/or stones
  • --- of course, the profit will come after you sell the items
  • vibrant sweat extracted from creatures can be used in blueprints to craft various items
  • sweat, combined with Force Nexus, which is found by miners, makes Mind Essence
  • sweating also helps build defensive skills
break-c.png

Sweating Tool
  • the VSE Mk 1 is the tool used to extract Vibrant Sweat from creatures
  • this item is acquired during initial training after creating your Entropia Universe avatar
  • it has no PED value, and an item that will experience no decay
1-VSE-MK-1.jpg 2-VSE-MK-1.jpg
break-c.png

Auto-Use Function
  • the auto-use function makes it convenient to sweat without having to manually click each action
  • once you have targeted the creature to sweat, activate the auto-use function
  • you can find the Toggle Auto-Use Tool icon in the Action Library to add to a hot bar key
1-AutoUseTool.jpg
break-c.png

Solo vs Group Sweating
  • Solo
  • while solo sweating you will almost assuredly experience death
  • a sweat/die/revive cycle during sweating creates a longer duration for collecting sweat
  • Group
  • group sweating affords everyone protection
  • a sweating group may also have a healer present to help protect the health of the sweaters
  • there may also be someone present who can apply a Synchronization buff for concentration
  • with group sweating, you will also extract more sweat per hour
break-c.png

Sweat Circles
  • Guidelines
  • sweat circles are generally assembled at the DSEC Mining Camp near the teleporter
  • you will acquire more sweat from the Yogs in that crater during a circle sweating session
  • you can also do solo sweating/swunting on Shoggoth out the North end of DSEC Forensics
  • there is a turret nearby if you choose to drag the mob there when dry so you don't waste ammo
  • you can also sweat/swunt the Shoggoth near Cave 1 teleporter underground
  • --- there is no turret nearby, so you would have to kill the mobs when dry
  • do not wear armor during sweating as it will take damage and decay
  • a team may or may not be created with those participating in a sweat circle session
  • --- a team should be set up for shared loot according to damage dealt
  • if anyone goes briefly AFK sweating, they need to let the others know
  • --- however, it is discouraged to go AFK for long periods of time because it can be disruptive
  • Sweat Circle Formation
  • all participants should form a tight circle, or half-circle, to keep the creature stable and in place
  • designate one person to pull the creatures to the sweat circle
  • this person will be positioned in the middle, or center, of the participants so as not to break the circle
  • the Puller can also be the person who kills the creature when dry (no sweat left)
  • there may also be a designated healer, or anyone can heal themselves and others at any time
  • Benefits of Sweating Yogs
  • the Yog is the favored creature on Monria for sweat circles
  • it's a larger creature, and as a result of the sweat circle dynamics, less damage and less lost targets
  • each creature gives an amount of sweat equal to its health points before it's dry
  • a large amount of sweat can be extracted from Yogs in a shorter period of time
  • Yogs Burrow
  • we created a location in the DSEC Forensics crater specifically for sweating low-level Yogs
  • here are the coordinates for this location --> [37627, 21562, 25]
  • there is no teleporter there, so you have to travel on foot or by vehicle
  • there is no turret at the moment and may not be, so you need to kill the creatures when dry
  • there is a revive nearby, but no physical revive
  • --- it's a "place" and not a physical structure, and quick to get back to the Yogs in the open area
  • there is another location with low-level Yogs in the DSEC Forensics crater
  • --- they are located just outside of the abandoned mine with the insta-teleporter to DSEC Mining Camp
  • --- here are the coordinates for this location as well --> [38487, 19936, 31]
break-c.png

Swunting
  • swunting is sweating a creature until dry and then killing it
  • swunting is an activity that is generally done on smaller creatures to preserve your health
  • you may need to kill the creature before it's dry to prevent yourself from dying
  • the best Monria location for this is the Shoggoth just North of the DSEC Forensics Crater
  • there is a turret nearby to drag the creatures to in order to save on ammo
  • again, do not wear armor as it can take on damage and decay
  • collecting sweat by swunting will take longer than joining a sweat circle
  • to swunt higher level creatures, you will need good Evade skills
break-c.png

Selling Sweat
  • your best means currently to sell sweat on Monria is in the #monriatrade channel
  • to add the Monria trade channel tab to your chat box area, type the following
  • /join #monriatrade
  • you can also ask for the link in the Monria chat channel #monria
break-c.png

Sweating Builds Skills
  • not only will your sweating skill increase, you will also be building defensive skills
  • Skills Affected by Sweating
  • Concentration
  • Evade
  • Alertness
  • Athletics
  • Combat reflexes
  • Intelligence
  • and it was told that even your Psyche is affected once in a blue Moon
  • -----> it's not sure how often the Moon turns blue, so we may need to research this further :D
break-c.png

More information may be added to this tutorial.
break-c.png

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
I am going to be filling in the information for this tutorial soon. The community in-game was a huge help to me in sharing their information and experiences with sweating.

Thank you goes to:

• Deynora
  • Noz
  • KrazySmitty
  • Anthony Gray Stark
  • Lami Masterson
  • Kaya Pebbles Jenning
  • RosaRaine
I hope I'm not missing anyone. Looks like I might be adding a couple of people to the MNAT Tutorial private forum as well to help out with more tutorials going forward. As long as I have the information I need, I can create the basic tutorials we want to put together for our Monrian-born population to help out as much as possible out the gate.

And I will ask please, that if you see a Monrian-born at the Hub or in the Main Crater, please send them to this section of the forum under the Beginners Corner so that they can read the information and learn why it's beneficial to begin their experiences on the Moon and what advantages there are.

Thanks

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
I have now filled in the content for the Sweating Tutorial. Thank you again to those in our community who were so helpful in providing information based on their knowledge and experience, it's much appreciated.

If you see something that needs a tweak, or have anything further to add, please post the information.

Thank You

sluggo

Official PED Donator, Friend of Lootius
Shop Owner
Good lesson DME. I personally have an issue with AFKers to be honest. If someone steps out for ten fifteen minutes or so, that's no big deal, I mean hey, everyone has to slap the kids, do laundry, take a dump, answer the phone etc. Where I have heartburn are the people who are gone for hours on end, expecting everyone else who is actually participating, to feed them mobs to sweat and then make money.... for not being there. Oh gee, Ill set up my guy pointing ... THAT.. direction then goto sleep. I may run a press F12 or other useless macro button program to keep from getting disconnected, then wake up in the morning and sell the 4k of sweat I got while I slept and sell it for 1.3 ped per K thus raping those who were there to sweat in person, and keep me alive, and feed me mobs... you get the idea.

Some people think it's ok to do that, to each is own, but if you are one of the people who are there 2 percent of the time, afk 98 percent of the time, don't expect me to heal you or pull mobs for you to robo sweat. This is just me, your mileage may vary.

Not trying to disrespect your posting in any way, but I see this a LOT and felt the need to speak out on it, in case others may have some ethics as well.

sluggo

Darth Revan Reborn

if you are one of the people who are there 2 percent of the time, afk 98 percent of the time

I have to agree with Sluggo on this, i'm all for people taking a break and doing other things like watching youtube, playing another game, or as Sluggo said...slapping your kid around :paddle :laugh . But i think people should be checking in every once in a while. I think it's rude if you are never there or away for a long period of time such as an hour or two, especially when you find out your talking to yourself because the 5 people around you are all afk. :(

Sweating is boring and if there is no one around to help keep it entertaining with random conversation, then why should the healer keep them alive or even keep the mob in their target view? Sure they take some of the damage away, but in reality the yogs don't do that much damage in the first place.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
As a result of a couple of incidents regarding AFK sweating, I'm going to be revising this tutorial. :)

KrazySmitty

Space Cadet
Well now for me I keep the afkers supplied when I'm on, cause I expect them to do the same for me when I'm afk.
Monday, Wednesday and Fridays I go to Dialysis and I will be afk for most of the day on those days, it kicks my ass and I usually take a nap after. On the other days unless I'm killing I always check in to make sure I'm on the yog. but as I cant deposit money in the game cause I'm a broke ass Biatch I get bored when I'm on 24/7 sweating. But I always check in every now and then and hang out for awhile no matter what :) It's why I take a week or 2 off from the game to gather my senses back. Sooooooooooooooooooooooo that is all :D :whiterabbitdancing

sluggo

Official PED Donator, Friend of Lootius
Shop Owner
One other thing to keep in mind why it is not cool to go extended afk is that even though you may try to keep the circle tight, the mobs can push you around a bit. When the circle gets stretched out it makes it more difficult to sweat as the mob tends to want to run back and forth, and it 'pushing' you when it does that adds to the stretching the circle out. If it was only one person afk then rest of the normal people could move the circle to them, but when you get a few, invariably they get spread all over and the mob ends up chasing people back and forth back and forth. In a case like this, sometimes the best thing to do to control the mob is leave the afkers in the back a bit and form a new circle away from them so you can keep the mob circle tight.

sluggo

a few notes from an experienced sweater/swunter

sweating also increases courage and agility, and some unlockable skills iirc

swunting in cave 1 is better then dsec shogs, this is because currently cave mobs do not wander (move) around so the risk of getting an unwanted 2nd or even 3rd mob is practically %0 (unless it spawns on you). not sure about every1 else but even swunting I'm usually tabbed out half the time so the mobs you are not swunting never moving is helpful. extra tip if you are swunting where the mobs behave normally (move around) if you moved your mob far enough back that the red dots (other mobs) on your radar disappear, they stop moving, now this is only the case if they are also not on any1 else's radar (they also don't regen typically)

Last edited:

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Thanks DJ for adding your helpful tips, it's appreciated. :aok

Just for clarification, did you mean Cave 1 where the Shoggs are, or Cave 3 near the TP where the Yogs are?

Lee Negated Dokken

Few suggestions... First, it may be prudent to update sweating area since most people now use south crater. Or I suppose you could wait with that until the yog burrow is finished.

Secondly,
sweating provides free PEDs and the only activity in the game that is 100% profitable
This is only half true, as fruit and stone walking are also free to do, and pure profit.

Gunner

Shop Owner
VCAT Team Member
I am probably just being nit-picky here, but you write "sweating provides free PEDs and the only activity in the game that is 100% profitable". Fruit walking also provides free peds and is also 100% profitable. :) Of course in both cases, it is only highly profitable if you can find someone to buy it.

hans

It is certainly worth adding that sweating provides free skills as well, while fruit walking only provides skill if you walk into some mobs who object to it. The markup on fruit is significantly better than sweat, but there is no guarantee of finding any.

Last edited:

SachemUrsa

DME

Sweating does build Psyche, and it hits more than once in a Blue Moon. I have gained 40 Psyche vs 49 Agility from swunting about 2 years. So neither hits a lot, but still decent. I sweat nearly every thing I kill, but I gained dodge with robots, so some of the Agility gain was from that as well as combat, but still I seem to hit Agility more often than Psyche when swunting.

[System]: Your Psyche has improved by 0.0157.
[System]: You have gained 0.1645 experience in your Sweat Gatherer skill.
[System]: Your Agility has improved by 0.0070.

Also I did not see Agility on the list of skills from swunting.

Last edited:
Top Bottom