Monria | 2018 St Patrick's Day Event | Please Give Your Feedback

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
We know that some things weren't ideal during this event, but we did our best and we learned from the experience. There are specific things that Ant will be looking into for sure, but we would like your feedback as well so that we can address everything in order to make next year's event run more smoothly.

Please keep your comments constructive and help us understand any frustrations, but also tell us the good stuff too. :D

Thank You :)

1st off Great event :) Had really fun being in this storytelling adventure. *green hat off to you * :D
Some tips:
1) You should help with the fightings like they do in Arkadia events - have some personell doing area heals from time to time to prevent the hunters of getting 90second respawn timer.
2) Servers should be alot more stable (yeah i know its MA problem) but hunting down something to 50% then server restart, or even taming some rare pet which takes a long time, aint very good on the PED card.

Gredrrik Malgar

Volunteer Mentor
VCAT Co-Founder
VCAT Team Member
I must admit i am thoroughly disappointed, i was under the impression Ant was terrible at directions and would get us lost during the parade, as per last years mentionings...
This was not the case however and i feel I've missed out on a crucial experience with the St. Patrick's event!!:no

But on a less jesting manner, the event was magnificent to say the least every aspect was fun, exciting and how would you put it.... "unexpected" even with all my expectations they were still exceeded every time something came around!
Of course there were many hardships with server's restarting and all that nonsense but that's really not in any of your control.

Regardless of the troubles ... which i am sure majority could have been avoided by just reading or with better cooperation but that's neither here nor there.. the point is the locations, the mobs and spawns, the extra events and other awesome peoples who helped out really did a fantastic job and the care and affection for the 'comMOONity' really showed.. i have nothing bad to say or any constructive criticism as it may be so this input maybe not the best but just a thank you too all!

Great job :ecstatic Thoroughly enjoyed myself even at a loss of peds, i'd still do it again!:happy

:so cool

Malgar & Shadow

Last edited:

Zarnia Foxtrot

Volunteer Mentor
Hello. This was a great event and it shows the direction Monria is growing into as a community and for individual players. I had alot of fun even though my ped flow was somewhat short to do the event as well as I would have liked.

Now, here is the part that I'm not sure how to communicate in a way that doesn't come across the wrong way. First, there is only one DME. She is the CFO (Chief Fun Officer). She does a great job in managing alot of different responsibilities. I have had experience in leadership in other games and although I don't know all the issues DME has to deal with with her position with Monria, I do know everyone in leadership at some point hits a wall where they need to keep moving forward but can't see or doesn't know to do so. They can see areas that need to improve but don't have the answers to do so. In many cases, it is because they need to develop areas personally (which they themselves see very clearly but the "boulder" in their path prevents progress). I do see Monria growing rapidly and the suggestion below I have posted to help with some decisions that I see from my non-administrative vantage point to be made in the future.

So, this is one book I am recommending for DME and others in the Monrian leadership/administration to consider reading to help with whatever roadblocks they themselves see and may just need a little something to help them move forwards. Other people I know who have read this book found it to be earth-shaking in some of the revelations it gave to help them be better established in leadership and dealing with a wider range of people and problems.

The name of the book is "The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership" by John Maxwell. I am copy pasting the link below so you can read the book summary. I know it helped me alot when I worked with a very wide range of people. I hope, if anyone in the Monrian management does read it, it will help you as much as it has helped me in the past.

Book Summary – The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership by John Maxwell (Part 1) – HGIM Leadership Network

Sincerely,

PZ

Killerbee

Hi!

This event was once again incredible! The people that were new had a blast, and i'm sure it was a eye-opener for them. You put so much effort in this, so here is a big THANK YOU!!!

I think it's great that we had bigger hp mobs to hunt this year. I am all for a big hp shared mob, but maybe you can work on this somehow. Big Bertha hits 2 times in a row instantly, resulting in 95% of the players dying. If someone drags a boss to DSEC, the revive times really messes up killing it.

A work-around for this could be a new/different shared mob that only does AOE damage instead of single target (like hogglo diablo).

I know this is not in your hands but it has to be said: The lag.

The parade was fantastic!!! Love it :D

Mining: No zoldenite and maladrite in 29 claims unamped/amped, this sucks!

Hunting: Nothing to add here, asked for bigger mobs last year and I got what I asked for haha :D

Trivia: Was solved during the event, no more Local chat. I had tears in my eyes, can't believe some people have so little respect.

Bee

Noz

Great event as always. lag and server restarts were annoying, but I know that is something ma has to deal with. I think this was the busiest st patricks yet and probably caught them by surprise. (the huge number of pets out probably didn't help)

I enjoyed the parade and the fun at massacre hill until the drone elites came out. Kept dying every time I attacked one and the fun kinda got sapped out of me a bit there. Left at that point and went back to shub cavern.

DME puts in an amazing amount of work and effort during these events, especially over 2 days she must have been shattered. She is there on the front lines constantly. This year was busy and next year could be even bigger. Maybe some sort of assistant to field the questions and constant pms to allow DME to get on with running things might be advantageous. (just a suggestion lol)

Overall it was a great experience. Just remember you can't please all the people all the time. Always going to be negative people at these kind of things and I know it kinda ruined the Trivia a bit, but it was solved with the trivia channel and I think going forward you should stick to that format.

Congratulations on the great event! Of course, when there are many people there are many problems (I hope i does not sound like Stalin). I guess the permanent crashes on the server were related to that. This of course depends on the facilities, but there are some things that will be fine if change next year:
1) If is possible large creatures can spawn near someone teleport/nearby point. At the end of the event there was an inappropriate (I think) place that refused many people (including me) from hunting shared big mobs.
2) There was no information (on a separate page, as for all the old) about the new mobs in entropialife. Thus, it was impossible to look for the temporary maximum global/hof for each mobs. I hope this is only temporary because time was really short.
3) If it is possible(about to incentives for hunting), to give regular prizes for the next global/hops ... for example 1 for every hour. I personally prefer the prizes to be smaller, but to give more often. So more players will be able to take a prize.
I apologize for my bad English. I hope it is understood. Once again congratulations on the event!

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
I will respond to #3 in your post Velizari because that's basically my domain. During an event such as this, or our mid-month 12 hr Yog global/hof giveaway events, I do my best to give out prizes as frequently as possible, at least that is my goal. However, as Community Manager, I get an inordinate amount of PMs from our community members, or visiting players, as well as our Monrian Born. The community as a whole is primarily my responsibility, and managing programs and the needs of those who seek information can be quite time-consuming as you can probably guess.

During our bigger events, where it gets a bit more chaotic, especially when you have a partner who unleashes a steady stream of shared mobs on the community :D that took place during a much longer period of time each day of our SPD event, it makes it more challenging to get those global/hof prizes given out. Prizes are also not given for shared mobs.

I think I manage to do a much better job of global/hof prize giveaways during our mid-month 12 hr Yog events because it's not as chaotic with lots of other activities going on, so I think we will go back to the drawing board with regard to our bigger events and see how we might be able to arrange it a bit differently so that we can do more with regard to giving out a variety of useful items that would be beneficial to our participants.

Ant is very generous, and I have a nice monthly budget for events, so I'll do more thinking on this to see what I can do myself with regard to prize distribution, and more frequently.

You are a regular participant at our events Velizari, and it's always nice seeing you. Thanks for your feedback. :)

I'll leave Ant to address the mechanics and logistics of our events, especially the SPD event, which is our biggest.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Great event as always. lag and server restarts were annoying, but I know that is something ma has to deal with. I think this was the busiest st patricks yet and probably caught them by surprise. (the huge number of pets out probably didn't help)

I enjoyed the parade and the fun at massacre hill until the drone elites came out. Kept dying every time I attacked one and the fun kinda got sapped out of me a bit there. Left at that point and went back to shub cavern.

DME puts in an amazing amount of work and effort during these events, especially over 2 days she must have been shattered. She is there on the front lines constantly. This year was busy and next year could be even bigger. Maybe some sort of assistant to field the questions and constant pms to allow DME to get on with running things might be advantageous. (just a suggestion lol)

Overall it was a great experience. Just remember you can't please all the people all the time. Always going to be negative people at these kind of things and I know it kinda ruined the Trivia a bit, but it was solved with the trivia channel and I think going forward you should stick to that format.

Thanks for the feedback Noz, and for being so supportive of what I do, it really means a lot. It's a lot of work, and this is a "real" job for me, but they say when you find something you love as work, it's really not work. For me, it's just time-consuming because I really love what I do, for and with the community. I am also truly grateful for Ant's immense support as well, and what he has entrusted me to do in my role with the Monria Team.

Between community management, which includes overseeing our Community Initiatives Programs (CIP), and managing the writing and media teams ... oh, and forum administration ... I get spread pretty thin, but again, I'm not complaining at all, and I also have Anny that works with me on projects and other things that is of great benefit to helping to minimize the time-consuming factor of what I do overall.

However, I like your suggestion of having another source of information-giving, especially during an event, but I have to say that our community is quite adept at handling that, if only some would make the effort to ask questions in Monria chat instead of PM'ing me. I can understand if it's a question that I have to answer, and one that can't be answered in Monria chat, but I get far too many questions in PM that our wonderful and totally knowledgeable community can answer, and that they already do a great job at when given the opportunity.

Oh, I also forgot to mention that having a partner who comes up with wild and wonderful ideas and concepts makes the job more exciting, and to the point at times, that I can hardly contain myself. I have stock in gorilla glue and duct tape so that I don't give the goods away by opening up a can of beans. :p

Did I mention that we've already been working on our Summer release. :D

I think based on all the constructive feedback we get, we'll be able to do some fine-tuning for next year's SPD event, as well as other events, and ... knowing Ant, it will definitely be more grand. :)

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who is taking the time to give us feedback on our SPD event because it will give us an opportunity to really digest the variables that come into play and make adjustments where possible. We want your experiences on Monria to be the best that we can deliver, and we said right from the beginning that we want to do this with the community, and not for the community so that you get more of what you would like to experience.

And to San ... a perfect and delightful music video ... thank you for sharing it, along with well-suited comments. :)

Eugenio Anhithe Wilde

Moon Manager
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
1st off Great event :) Had really fun being in this storytelling adventure. *green hat off to you * :D
Some tips:
1) You should help with the fightings like they do in Arkadia events - have some personell doing area heals from time to time to prevent the hunters of getting 90second respawn timer.

2) Servers should be alot more stable (yeah i know its MA problem) but hunting down something to 50% then server restart, or even taming some rare pet which takes a long time, aint very good on the PED card.

Thanks Chronos, a couple of replies here:

1. I really like this suggestion. I don't have special god like powers that Planet Partners can have so I need to be a little creative. I have skilled in creature capsule related professions, taming, repairing, powerfist so I guess healing could be next on the list :) We always have lots of people offering to help us out so I think we might be able to come up with something for next year.

2. Completely agree and I take this as my responsibility to get this resolved for next year. Technical investigation is ongoing at the moment so I don't know the outcome at this stage but I will be following up on this one. We try to take risks with the format and push the boat out . I don't know if the fact that this was the busiest we've ever been was a factor but that is still no excuse for it.

Eugenio Anhithe Wilde

Moon Manager
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
I must admit i am thoroughly disappointed, i was under the impression Ant was terrible at directions and would get us lost during the parade, as per last years mentionings...
This was not the case however and i feel I've missed out on a crucial experience with the St. Patrick's event!!:no

But on a less jesting manner, the event was magnificent to say the least every aspect was fun, exciting and how would you put it.... "unexpected" even with all my expectations they were still exceeded every time something came around!
Of course there were many hardships with server's restarting and all that nonsense but that's really not in any of your control.

Regardless of the troubles ... which i am sure majority could have been avoided by just reading or with better cooperation but that's neither here nor there.. the point is the locations, the mobs and spawns, the extra events and other awesome peoples who helped out really did a fantastic job and the care and affection for the 'comMOONity' really showed.. i have nothing bad to say or any constructive criticism as it may be so this input maybe not the best but just a thank you too all!

Great job :ecstatic Thoroughly enjoyed myself even at a loss of peds, i'd still do it again!:happy

:so cool

Malgar & Shadow

Thanks for the feedback, I practice that route a lot and nobody truly knows the real path I'm meant to be taking but one year I might get it right :p

Eugenio Anhithe Wilde

Moon Manager
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
Hi!

This event was once again incredible! The people that were new had a blast, and i'm sure it was a eye-opener for them. You put so much effort in this, so here is a big THANK YOU!!!

I think it's great that we had bigger hp mobs to hunt this year. I am all for a big hp shared mob, but maybe you can work on this somehow. Big Bertha hits 2 times in a row instantly, resulting in 95% of the players dying. If someone drags a boss to DSEC, the revive times really messes up killing it.

A work-around for this could be a new/different shared mob that only does AOE damage instead of single target (like hogglo diablo).

I know this is not in your hands but it has to be said: The lag.

The parade was fantastic!!! Love it :D

Mining: No zoldenite and maladrite in 29 claims unamped/amped, this sucks!

Hunting: Nothing to add here, asked for bigger mobs last year and I got what I asked for haha :D

Trivia: Was solved during the event, no more Local chat. I had tears in my eyes, can't believe some people have so little respect.

Bee

What's the matter KB too tough for you:nana

Great suggestion on the AOE damage. I've covered the lag above and am chasing up on it. On the mining side, I'll work on some kind of fallback if there's no Zoldenite/maladrite found in the future.

On the trivia side it was at the end of a long event and there was lots of tired and excited people(me included) so it's all good. In these events if you follow the rules you might get free stuff if you don't you won't :D

Eugenio Anhithe Wilde

Moon Manager
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team

Aah the lag :) - will sort it out somehow.

on the massacre hill piece, there's a lot of orchestration that goes into getting those spawns done which is why you might sometimes see me about looking like a lunatic around Monria. Although sometimes it is just me being a lunatic. I'm always a little nervous especially with the big events as every year I try to take risks and add some unexpected twists. All the different things occurring all over Monria, the surprises and random activities are all choreographed in advance with some live direction by me as it happens because I'm trying to bring in more interaction into our events. I'm learning as I go though and trying to get the balance right whilst still taking risks so I appreciate the feedback. It think its similar to KBs on the AOE attacks which very much fits into what I want as these pieces are really about us as a community fighting together for fun and glory! I do want there to be some death and running back to join the charge but I agree perhaps the Elites took the challenge a little out of it until that phase of the robot attack passed.

Yep agree on the trivia we like to be quite random and sometimes that blows up in our face but we now have a channel for next time :D

Eugenio Anhithe Wilde

Moon Manager
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
Congratulations on the great event! Of course, when there are many people there are many problems (I hope i does not sound like Stalin). I guess the permanent crashes on the server were related to that. This of course depends on the facilities, but there are some things that will be fine if change next year:
1) If is possible large creatures can spawn near someone teleport/nearby point. At the end of the event there was an inappropriate (I think) place that refused many people (including me) from hunting shared big mobs.
2) There was no information (on a separate page, as for all the old) about the new mobs in entropialife. Thus, it was impossible to look for the temporary maximum global/hof for each mobs. I hope this is only temporary because time was really short.
3) If it is possible(about to incentives for hunting), to give regular prizes for the next global/hops ... for example 1 for every hour. I personally prefer the prizes to be smaller, but to give more often. So more players will be able to take a prize.
I apologize for my bad English. I hope it is understood. Once again congratulations on the event!

Hey Georgi always great to see you killing on the Moon :p

I will look into this one, a lot of the shared loot mobs were deliberately random so that teams could form and rush to the aid of players across the Monria Craters, sometimes by a revive and sometimes in the middle of nowhere. I'll think about perhaps a way of achieving this next year.

I can't directly influence this one as it is run by the Entropilife guys. I regularly donate though so hopefully they will help us out, hint hint :p

It’s Wednesday now and Bella tells me the event is over so I can stop drinking the Guinness!!! Okay, just till the weekend then.

Thank you DME and all the team behind the scenes. It was a brilliant weekend. I enjoyed it immensely.

I have no negative feedback to give, everything was enjoyable. The server going down didn’t really make too much difference to my game, however my heart goes out to the Avatar that was taming for such a long time that must have ruined the day for him/her!

Music was great.

I look forward to next year and any future event.

PS. The Guinness was great too.

Top Bottom