Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Banner created by ...
Anny Thundergirl -- Monria Media Team
Anny Thundergirl -- Monria Media Team
It was January 23, 3013 during a great battle against the Cultists when an ancient file cabinet was found in what was then called the West Crater. It had been concealed in a metal casing, but when removed, it produced revealing information that all of which has not yet been shared with the general public.
Of curious note were the handles of the four drawers of the cabinet that we have come to accept as being in the likeness of Cthulhu. The contents of the drawers have proven invaluable in our fight against the dark forces, but more than the documents and artifacts that tell a grim story, the journal hidden in a secret compartment has produced even more worrying matters that have put us on alert.
According to writings in the journal, there exists what is called a Grimoire, better known as a book of dark magic spells and incantations. At the time of the great exodus of the Cultists from Earth to Monria in 2346, Decca, Leader of the Cult of Shut'thend, gathered Cultist Priests she thought worthy of joining her in a ritual that was to awaken Cthulhu from his death-like sleep in R'lyeh. The ritual became the exodus, because Decca did not reveal that she did not possess the Grimoire, nor that the city of R'lyeh was rebuilt in the deep abyss and at the core of Monria after the city was destroyed on Earth.
Without the Grimoire, the proper dark magic spells and incantations cannot be performed in order to awaken Cthulhu. It is of utmost importance that Decca, nor any of the Cultists find this Grimoire. It is said to be well hidden on Monria and we can only hope that it does not get into the wrong hands.
However, the most disturbing information revealed about this Grimoire is that it is said to actually be the Necronomicon filled with such horrifying things that even reading it could make one go mad or insane. The book is referred to as the book of the laws of the dead, or in a literal translation, the book of dead names.
So who is immune from the madness and insanity, and whose names are written in the Monria Necronomicon?
Those questions will eventually be answered ...
In the meantime, Decca once again has called upon all creatures to band together in an effort to help her gain more footing and position on Monria. We cannot let this happen, so let's join forces to give Decca a very clear message ... that we will prevail, and she will never win.
IN SEARCH OF THE GRIMOIRE | EVENT DETAILS
Date | Saturday, Sep 14th
Time | 12:00 -to- 23:59 Game Time
(to determine game time -- click on your System tab in the chat box and then press U ... or
press the period key if you haven't remapped your keyboard since the change)
Location | Entire Moon
RULES & GUIDELINES
- you do not need to register at EntropiaLife for this event ... globals/hofs are automatically recorded
- please ask questions in Monria chat and refrain from PM'ing DME if at all possible
- be considerate of your fellow participants during the event
- --- this includes not cluttering TP areas in the craters with vehicles and/or landing on top of people
- --- when going back out into the field, please be considerate of where you land and pick up vehicles
- random global/hof prizes of loot pills and H-DNA will be given out during the course of the event
- --- there may also be other prizes but not guaranteed
- winners can pick up their prizes at the DSEC Forensics TP when convenient, or at end of event
- DME will be standing near the terminals -- please allow DME to initiate all trades
- make sure to have the Monria chat channel active for instructions and NEXT GLOBAL call-outs
- teams must have the name Monria in the team name to be eligible for prizes
- please do not use symbols in your team name so it gets into the filter for the event data spreadsheet
- please register your Team Name and Team Leader in this thread
- --- any prizes won will be given to the Team Leader for distribution
- societies cannot have more than one team name with their society name in it
- if you hire a healer and don't team, your globals/hofs will count as Solo entries
- if you team with a healer, or anyone else, your globals/hofs will count as Team entries
- all of Monria is open to those who wish to participate in the mining portion of the event
- if you get a claim in an area where you are challenged to excavate it because of mobs ...
- --- ask in Monria chat to see if any of our MCAT members are available to assist
GUESS THE 12 HR GLOBALS/HOFS TOTAL AND WIN 100 PED
- post your guess in this thread of what you think the 12 hr combined globals/hofs total will be
- the guess is for total globals/hofs and not total ped
- please be mindful of your time zone and game time so you get the guess posted on time
- you only get one guess, and it must be posted prior to the start of the event
- make sure you check all other guesses so that you don't post the same number
- edited posts will be disqualified, so think carefully before posting
- the person coming the closest to the actual total after the event wins
- globals/hofs are calculated from hunting and mining
- the 12 hr globals/hofs total will be added to this post with other results on Sunday
- please check to make sure you don't duplicate a number and get disqualified
- they are in numeric order from left to right
TOTAL GLOBALS/HOFS GUESS WINNER
Actual Total Globals/HoFs = 498
Total Globals/HoFs Guess = 481 -- Tanashi Razalas Elm
12 HOUR HUNTING & MINING | DETAILS
Date | Saturday, Sep 14th -- Time Begins | 12:00 game time -- Time Ends | 23:59 game time
Location | Entire Moon -- (see specific increased mob spawn locations in the link below)
NOTE - we added an extra increased spawn location for the mob level just below each of the bosses
- Shoggoth ... Eldritch the Pestilent -- Level 6 -- Location / DSEC Forensics
- Yog ... Kyghis The Tormented -- Level 47 -- Location / DSEC Mining Camp
- Cultist ... Protector of Shut'thend -- Level 50 -- Location / DSEC Military Camp
- Shub ... Taklalb Apostle of Shadows -- Level 79 -- Location / Shub Cavern
Increased Mob Spawn Locations
Monria Mob Levels / HP - Wave Locations - Pets - Yogs Burrow Sweating
Also, here are links to help you navigate Monria, but also find items in shops and shopkeepers:
Right click on the links to open in a new tab.
Monria Interactive Map
Monria Shops Inventory Tool
HUNTING & MINING | EVENT PRIZES | RESULTS
IMPORTANT NOTE ... please read the rules carefully as they have changed. We removed the first and last lowest global prizes from hunting. You still have an opportunity to win 3 prizes between hunting and mining. There will still be random global giveaways but not as frequent.
As always, thank you very much for supporting what we do for Monria and for your event participation.
HEADS UP ... if you haven't done so already, make sure you pick up the:
- Iron Hunting Missions
- Daily Missions
- Mining Guild Representative Mining Missions
- The Order of the Elder Gods -- (Chapters/Horns mission)
- Toy Soldier -- (Monria Plushies mission)
- Single Highest Global/HoF -- Shoggoth -- Prize --> 200 PED -- Shadow ShadowDragonV Dragon
- Single Highest Global/HoF -- Yog -- Prize --> 200 PED -- Count Cristo Monte
- Single Highest Global/HoF -- Cultist -- Prize --> 200 PED -- Grand Master Pelzak PRO
- Single Highest Global/HoF -- Shub -- Prize --> 200 PED -- John Black Knight
- Highest Team Global/HoF -- Shoggoth -- Prize --> 200 PED -- Monria K0lb&Cool_guys
- Highest Team Global/HoF -- Yog -- Prize --> 200 PED -- Sith Family on Monria
- Highest Team Global/HoF -- Cultist -- Prize --> 200 PED -- Cots on Monria
- Highest Team Global/HoF -- Shub -- Prize --> 200 PED -- Titans of Space Starfleet Monria
- Highest global/hof on any ore/enmatter -- 200 PED -- Kingu KinguXnoX Kingu
- First Lowest global on any ore/enmatter -- 100 PED -- Tanashi Razalas Elm
- Last lowest global on any ore/enmatter -- 100 PED -- Henke Floppy Deluxe
- D-Class Amp to the first Solo Hunting and/or Mining Global/HoF with the number 169
- --- the numbers have to appear in that order
- if there is no winner, the D-Class Amp will roll over to the next event
You can see all of the results in Ant's spreadsheet here where individual global/hof totals are included.
Right click and open in a new tab.
RULES ON HOW YOU WIN
- Solo Hunting, Team Hunting
- you can only win one Solo and one Team hunting prize
- you can also win a mining prize based on the following rules
- if you get the highest global/hof and one of the lowest globals ... you win the highest
- if you win the highest, you are not eligible for either the first or last lowest global prizes
- the person who wins the first lowest global is not eligible to win the last lowest global
- if you get the first lowest global, you can continue mining toward getting the highest
- Example ... you get the first lowest global and have the first recorded time
- --- this means you win the first lowest global prize
- --- but there's an incentive to continue mining to see if you can get the highest global/hof
- --- if you do, then the person who had the lowest global with the time right after yours ...
- ---------- would win the first lowest global prize
- Additional Information
- you can win prizes in solo/team hunting and mining based on the above rules
- in case of a draw for any of the prizes, the first recorded time will apply
- Anhithe will extract the data from EntropiaLife after the event and determine the winners
- --- he will also create a gobal/hof data spreadsheet that will be posted with the results
- the results will be added to the first post in this event thread sometime on Sunday
APARTMENT STILL UP FOR GRABS
We had one apartment leftover from the 4 that we were giving away at our St Patrick's Day event and said that it would be in play at our future events until it was won.
NO WINNER ... no one won the apartment during the Sep 14th event so it is still in play for the next event.
Here is how you win it:
- get a solo hunting or mining global/hof with the numbers 317 in the total -- in that order
- --- 317 represents the St Patrick's Day holiday date each year -- March 17th
- --- 317
- --- 1317
- --- 3179
INSTRUCTIONS TO CAPTURE THE DSEC MINING CAMP & DSEC MILITARY CAMP CRATER TPs
(formerly known as the South and West Craters)
- from the DSEC Forensics Crater, go SE to the abandoned mine, follow the road
- --- coordinates of the abandoned mine are --- [38487, 19936, 31]
- --- be mindful that there are Yogs outside the abandoned mine entrance
- --- they should be mostly off to the left unless someone aggro'd them
- --- use the insta-teleporter just inside the abandoned mine
- --- this will take you to the DSEC Mining Camp crater ... capture the TP and then ...
- from the DSEC Mining Camp TP follow the road out to the abandoned mine
- --- coordinates of the abandoned mine are --- [37744, 17987, 110]
- --- use the insta-teleporter just inside the abandoned mine
- --- this will take you to the DSEC Military Camp crater ... capture the TP
MONRIA EVENT TEAMS
CotS on Monria
Team Leader: Kingu
Panther and Emz on Monria
Team Leader: Aurora Panther Dawn
Team Leader: Tony K0lb0sa K0lbasters
Team Leader: Velizari
Monria Nutbar Holemaker
Team Leader: po3blck
Monria Community Assistance Team
Team Leader: Gredrrik Alhakekhist Malgar
Team Leader: DJ DJMcFlinty McFlinty
TKoE on Monria
Team Leader: Kirk Kinkie Hotwood
Monria Bombing Squad
Team Leader: Chris Moneyme Mo
Titans of Space Starfleet Monria
Team Leader: John Black Knight
TusaLusa Monria Party
Team Leader: R4 1M 31
Ali and Bluu on Monria
Team Leader: amanda Alissanos robinson
Entropian Academy @ Monria
Team Leader: Geoff Nightfoxx Rowley
HAVE FUN AND ... " EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED "