Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
When we learned that Decca and her Cultists found the Necronomicon during a Halloween event, that was disturbing enough, but when we learned that it was then handed over to Yog-Sothoth, this set off an alert like we've never had before.
I'm not sure how much you know about the Necronomicon, but it's an ancient book of text that was compiled by Abdul Alhazred (also known as the "Mad Arab") in the 8th century, and it contains magic spells and incantations that can summon the darkest of evil. The Necronomicon was originally called Al Azif that Abdul wrote while living in Damascus before his sudden and mysterious death in 738. It was later translated into Greek and given the name Necronomicon.
It is said that studying the text of the Necronomicon is inherently dangerous, and for anyone attempting to master its arcane knowledge, there's potential for meeting an unexpected and untimely death. However, that said, the Cultists are an advanced civilization quite prolific in their own use of arcane magic. They worship Cthulhu, and in his service to do whatever bidding is expected of them, including mastering the dark magic from the Necronomicon that will ultimately awaken him from his death-like sleep in the City of R'lyeh at the core of Monria.
The Necronomicon is comprised of substantial text, but in the unabridged version located at the Miskatonic University Library, a specific passage stands out:
Nor is it to be thought...that man is either the oldest or the last of Earth's masters, or that the common bulk of life and substance walks alone. The Old Ones were, the Old Ones are, and the Old Ones shall be. Not in the spaces we know, but between them, they walk serene and primal, undimensioned, and to us unseen. Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth. He knows where the Old Ones broke through, and where they shall break through again.
As a result of Pinthas (Cthulhu's twin brother Kthanid, and the one who put him in his death-like sleep) refusing to assist Decca, K'Tan and the other Cultists primed to perform a ritual of incantations and magic spells to awaken Cthulhu, they are now working with Yog-Sothoth as well to determine a way to summon other dark forces in an attempt to find a work-around without Pinthas. I don't need to tell you how deeply dangerous this is for Monria.
There's only one question on my mind at present ... is Monria all that we have to be concerned about?
THE MESSAGE IS VERY CLEAR | EVENT DETAILS
Date | Saturday, September 19th
Time | 00:00 -to- 23:59 Game Time
(to determine game time -- click on your System tab in the chat box and then press U ... or
press the period key if you haven't remapped your keyboard since the graphics update)
Location | Entire Moon
RULES & GUIDELINES
- you do not need to register at EntropiaLife for this event ... globals/hofs are automatically recorded
- please ask questions in Monria chat and refrain from PM'ing DME if at all possible
- be considerate of your fellow participants during the event
- --- this includes not cluttering TP areas in the craters with vehicles and/or landing on top of people
- --- when going back out into the field, please be considerate of where you land and pick up vehicles
- --- turrets don't work during our events, so please don't drag mobs to the TP areas
- teams must have the name Monria in the team name to be eligible for prizes
- please do not use symbols in your team name so it gets into the filter for the event data spreadsheet
- please register your Team Name and Team Leader in this thread
- --- any prizes won will be given to the Team Leader for distribution
- societies cannot have more than one team name with their society name in it
- if you hire a healer and don't team, your globals/hofs will count as Solo entries
- if you team with a healer, or anyone else, your globals/hofs will count as Team entries
- all of Monria is open to those who wish to participate in the mining portion of the event
- if you get a claim in an area where you are challenged to excavate it because of mobs ...
- --- ask in Monria chat to see if any of our VCAT members are available to assist
24 HOUR HUNTING & MINING | DETAILS
Date | Saturday, September 19th -- Time Begins | 00:00 game time -- Time Ends | 23:59 game time
Location | Entire Moon -- (see specific increased mob spawn locations in the link below)
Right click on the following links and open in a new tab -- these are PDF files for downloading:
Increased Mob Spawn Locations
Monria Mob Levels / HP - Wave Locations - Pets - Yogs Burrow Sweating
Also, here are links to help you navigate Monria, but also find items in shops and shopkeepers:
Right click on the links to open in a new tab.
Monria Interactive Map
Monria Shops Inventory Tool
HUNTING & MINING | EVENT PRIZES
HEADS UP ... if you haven't done so already, make sure you pick up the:
- Iron Hunting Missions
- Daily Missions
- Mining Guild Representative Mining Missions
- The Order of the Elder Gods -- (Chapters/Horns mission)
- Toy Soldier -- (Monria Plushies mission)
This too is a downloadable PDF file -- right click and open in a new tab.
Chapters Mission -- Ant's Statement
- Single Highest Global/HoF -- Shoggoth -- Prize -- 200 PED -- debud po3blck avizov
- Single Highest Global/HoF -- Yog -- Prize -- 200 PED -- Olavina Cherry Red
- Single Highest Global/HoF -- Cultist -- Prize -- 200 PED -- Star StarDrifter Drifter
- Single Highest Global/HoF -- Shub -- Prize --> 200 PED -- Vizzanu VIZZ Nie
- Highest Team Global/HoF -- Shoggoth -- Prize --> 200 PED -- Monria Forever
- Highest Team Global/HoF -- Yog -- Prize --> 200 PED -- Titans of Space Starfleet Monria
- Highest Team Global/HoF -- Cultist -- Prize --> 200 PED -- Monria Community Assistance Team
- Highest Team Global/HoF -- Shub -- Prize --> 200 PED -- MONRIA twitch.tv/avarupter
- Highest global/hof on any ore/enmatter -- 200 PED -- Heidi Hatatfatcat Stassinopolis
- First Lowest global on any ore/enmatter -- 100 PED -- The Doctor Who
- Last Lowest global on any ore/enmatter -- 100 PED -- Aklia Twocookies Lia
There was a total of 683 globals/hofs during the 24 hr event time.
You can see all of the results in Ant's spreadsheet here where individual global/hof totals are included.
Right click and open in a new tab.
RULES ON HOW YOU WIN
- Solo Hunting, Team Hunting
- you can only win one Solo and one Team hunting prize
- you can also win a mining prize based on the following rules
- if you get the highest global/hof and one of the lowest globals ... you win the highest
- if you win the highest, you are not eligible for either the first or last lowest global prizes
- the person who wins the first lowest global is not eligible to win the last lowest global
- if you get the first lowest global, you can continue mining toward getting the highest
- Example ... you get the first lowest global and have the first recorded time
- --- this means you win the first lowest global prize
- --- but there's an incentive to continue mining to see if you can get the highest global/hof
- --- if you do, then the person who had the lowest global with the time right after yours ...
- ---------- would win the first lowest global prize
- Additional Information
- you can win prizes in solo/team hunting and mining based on the above rules
- in case of a draw for any of the prizes, the first recorded time will apply
- Anhithe will extract the data from EntropiaLife after the event and determine the winners
- --- he will also create a gobal/hof data spreadsheet that will be posted with the results
- the results will be added to the first post in this event thread sometime on Sunday
INSTRUCTIONS TO CAPTURE THE DSEC MINING CAMP & DSEC MILITARY CAMP CRATER TPs
(formerly known as the South and West Craters)
- from the DSEC Forensics Crater, go SE to the abandoned mine, follow the road
- --- coordinates of the abandoned mine are --- [38487, 19936, 31]
- --- be mindful that there are Yogs outside the abandoned mine entrance
- --- they should be mostly off to the left unless someone aggro'd them
- --- use the insta-teleporter just inside the abandoned mine
- --- this will take you to the DSEC Mining Camp crater ... capture the TP and then ...
- from the DSEC Mining Camp TP follow the road out to the abandoned mine
- --- coordinates of the abandoned mine are --- [37744, 17987, 110]
- --- use the insta-teleporter just inside the abandoned mine
- --- this will take you to the DSEC Military Camp crater ... capture the TP
MONRIA EVENT TEAMS
Groovy Monria Moon
Team Leader: Lady Ladyburn Land
Buzz & Summer on Monria
Team Leader: Buzz Lightyear
Team Leader: HoneySnaps
Crowbar Crew Monria
Team Leader: Donald Ahirudduck vanAswegen
Team Insane on Monria
Team Leader: insane insanemadness madness
Tsunade on Monria
Team Leader: Maria Tsunade Magdalena
CotS on Monria
Team Leader: Kingu KinguXnoX Kingu
Monria Community Assistance Team
Team Leader: Gredrrik Alhakekhist Malgar
Team Leader: Olav Olaven Spire
Team Leader: Avalon Butterfly Erupter
Team Leader: Tony K0lb0sa K0lbasters
Team Leader: Velizari
Titans of Space Starfleet Monria
Team Leader: John Black Knight
HAVE FUN AND ... " EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED "