Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
For those who don't know the story of the annual ritual human sacrifice to Yog-Sothoth at Valentines, this is historical lore. It was February 2017 just before Valentine's Day that we discovered an annual ritual of the Shubs that required a human sacrifice to Yog-Sothoth. We had only taken over governing Monria the end of November in 2015, and were at the beginning of establishing the new colony.
We learned that Yog-Sothoth is an Outer God who knows all and sees all, and a contiguous entity with all space and time, embracing the past, the present and the future. Yog-Sothoth mated with Shub-Niggurath, another Outer God, and gave birth to twin deities, Nug and Yeb. Nug sired Cthulhu, but it wasn't in the conventional way. It was through parthenogenesis, a natural form of asexual reproduction where the development of embryos occur without fertilization. Cthulhu is considered a Great Old One, but not a God.
Pleasing Yog-Sothoth has the potential of bringing knowledge of many things, but to learn too much also has the potential for courting disaster. Unfortunately, to favor this God requires the ultimate sacrifice of a human, or eternal servitude. So far, no one targeted in our community for this annual human sacrifice has been captured, and neither of them have submitted to eternal servitude.
We all know that Decca is working with Yog-Sothoth to uncover the codes in the Necronomicon that will reveal where the 3 Dark Mages are hidden on Toulan, but she delights in taking part in the annual Valentines human sacrifice. This year, she is front and center and was allowed to choose the sacrifice herself. Normally this is something that Shub-Niggurath does, but since Decca was a failure at converting Anhithe (Ant) to the dark side at Halloween with her stunt in the Monria boxing ring, she is being given a chance to redeem herself. She also invited several community members who have achieved Elder God Robes from Initiate to Priest/Priestess to witness the sacrifice thinking they are her new Cult of Shut'thend followers ... not.
While everyone was focused on the sacrifice altar, standing off to the side and out of sight was a Cultist not seen before holding an orb of some sort that appeared to have engravings. An ominous figure cloaked and hooded, but the face was very clear. There are those in Cthulhu's realm who can shapeshift, so it's difficult to determine whether this was an evil entity or not. Just as a reminder, the Elder Gods are not our enemies, but rather allies who support our efforts.
Question is ... is this a friendly Elder God working against evil, or a new evil entity that we should fear ...
AI Graphic created by - ShadowDragonV
It's important that we continue to stand our ground and not let this year's annual Valentines sacrifice be a win for Decca -- join our effort against the dark side.
MONRIA EVENT DETAILS
Date | Saturday, February 10th
Time | 00:00 -to- 23:59 game time
(to determine game time -- click on your System tab in the chat box and then press U ... or
press the period key if you haven't remapped your keyboard since the graphics update)
Location | Entire Monria Moon -- Mountain of Madness mobs not included
RULES & GUIDELINES
- you do not need to register at EntropiaLife for this event ... globals/hofs are automatically recorded
- be considerate of your fellow participants during the event
- --- this includes not cluttering TP areas in the craters with vehicles and/or landing on top of people
- --- when going back out into the field, please be considerate of where you land and pick up vehicles
- --- turrets don't work during our events, so please don't drag mobs to the TP areas
- teams must have the name Monria in the team name to be eligible for prizes
- please do not use symbols in your team name so it gets into the filter for the event data spreadsheet
- please register your Team Name and Team Leader in this thread
- --- any prizes won will be given to the Team Leader for distribution
- societies cannot have more than one team name with their society name in it
- if you hire a healer and don't team, your globals/hofs will count as Solo entries
- if you team with a healer, or anyone else, your globals/hofs will count as Team entries
- all of Monria is open to those who wish to participate in the mining portion of the event
- if you get a claim in an area where you are challenged to excavate it because of mobs ...
- --- ask in Monria chat to see if any of our VCAT members are available to assist
24 HOUR HUNTING & MINING | DETAILS
Date | Saturday, February 10th -- Time Begins | 00:00 game time -- Time Ends | 23:59 game time
Location | Entire Monria Moon -- Mountain of Madness mobs not included -- (see specific increased mob spawn locations in the link below)
Right click on the following links and open in a new tab -- these are PDF files for downloading:
Monria Increased Mob Spawn Locations
Monria Mob Levels / HP - Wave Locations - Pets - Yogs Burrow Sweating
Also, here are links to help you navigate Monria, but also find items in shops and shopkeepers:
Right click on the links to open in a new tab.
Monria Guide to Everything
Monria Interactive Map
Monria Shops Inventory Tool
HUNTING & MINING | EVENT PRIZES
HEADS UP ... if you haven't done so already, make sure you pick up the:
- Daily Missions
- Mining Guild Representative Mining Missions
- The Order of the Elder Gods -- (Chapters/Horns mission)
- Toy Soldier -- (Monria Plushies mission)
- Single Highest Global/HoF -- Shoggoth -- Prize --> 200 PED -- Alexsandr Eleseev Universe
- Single Highest Global/HoF -- Yog -- Prize --> 200 PED -- nilim nm sabot
- Single Highest Global/HoF -- Cultist -- Prize --> 200 PED -- Adrian DistantSun Jones
- Single Highest Global/HoF -- Shub -- Prize --> 200 PED -- Suza Suze Rider
- Highest Team Global/HoF -- Shoggoth -- Prize --> 200 PED -- Monria K0lb&Cool_guys
- Highest Team Global/HoF -- Yog -- Prize --> 200 PED -- Monria Community Assistance Team
- Highest Team Global/HoF -- Cultist -- Prize --> 200 PED -- (no winner)
- Highest Team Global/HoF -- Shub -- Prize --> 200 PED -- Deus Vult On Monria
- Highest global/hof on any ore/enmatter -- Prize --> 200 PED -- AN AliaNayaraN NA
- First Lowest global on any ore/enmatter -- Prize --> 100 PED -- Bukaka BuGagaha Gaga
- Last Lowest global on any ore/enmatter -- Prize --> 100 PED -- Artem Yahuar Busch
There was a total of 364 globals/hofs during the 24 hr event time.
You can see all of the results in Ant's spreadsheet here where individual global/hof totals are included.
Right click and open in a new tab.
RULES ON HOW YOU WIN
- Solo Hunting, Team Hunting
- you can only win one Solo and one Team hunting prize
- you can also win a mining prize based on the following rules
- if you get the highest global/hof and one of the lowest globals ... you win the highest
- if you win the highest, you are not eligible for either the first or last lowest global prizes
- the person who wins the first lowest global is not eligible to win the last lowest global
- if you get the first lowest global, you can continue mining toward getting the highest
- Example ... you get the first lowest global and have the first recorded time
- --- this means you win the first lowest global prize
- --- but there's an incentive to continue mining to see if you can get the highest global/hof
- --- if you do, then the person who had the lowest global with the time right after yours ...
- ---------- would win the first lowest global prize
- Additional Information
- you can win prizes in solo/team hunting and mining based on the above rules
- in case of a draw for any of the prizes, the first recorded time will apply
- Anhithe will extract the data from EntropiaLife after the event and determine the winners
- --- he will also create a gobal/hof data spreadsheet that will be posted with the results
- the results will be added to the first post in this event thread sometime on Sunday
INSTRUCTIONS TO CAPTURE THE DSEC MINING CAMP & DSEC MILITARY CAMP CRATER TPs
(formerly known as the South and West Craters)
- from the DSEC Forensics Crater, go SE to the abandoned mine, follow the road
- --- coordinates of the abandoned mine are --- /wp [Monria, 38484, 19945, 27, Waypoint]
- --- be mindful that there are Yogs outside the abandoned mine entrance
- --- they should be mostly off to the left unless someone aggro'd them
- --- use the insta-teleporter just inside the abandoned mine
- --- this will take you to the DSEC Mining Camp crater ... capture the TP and then ...
- from the DSEC Mining Camp TP follow the road out to the abandoned mine
- --- coordinates of the abandoned mine are --- /wp [Monria, 37751, 17991, 107, Waypoint]
- --- use the insta-teleporter just inside the abandoned mine
- --- this will take you to the DSEC Military Camp crater ... capture the TP
MONRIA EVENT TEAMS
Deus Vult On Monria
Team Leader: Dea Kali Devi
Monria Community Assistance Team
Team Leader: Shadow ShadowDragonV Dragon
ArchAngels Monria Shubs takeover
Team Leader: [killin] anthrgrind killin me2
Morning on Monria
Team Leader: Morning Monria Star
Team Leader: Tony K0lb0sa K0lbasters
HAVE FUN AND ... " EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED "