Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
When we threw our first New Years Eve Party, we were only a little over a month old as the new Monria Management Team, but the party was a lot of fun and we got to meet new people and show everyone just how much of a party spirit we had. We have carried that spirit throughout this past year and are ready to take on 2017 with our amazing community that progressively grew in 2016 beyond our expectations.
Spontaneous activities across the Moon have always been inspiring, and an encounter in Ali's shop with Rosa and I spawned an idea for a New Years celebration that would be quite different than anything we've done with any kind of community gathering. It was Ali's brainstorm (I think) that we should have a talent show, and call it Monria's Got Talent. Although, the ideas were coming so fast that it was difficult to discern who was saying what because we were laughing so much.
We have witnessed many in our community do some crazy and creative things to be entertaining, and we have all enjoyed them. Now, we would like to invite everyone to show us your most crazy and creative talent during our New Years Eve Party at the Monria Hub.
We are also hosting a Monria Project Runway as a first in fashion shows, and I'm sure that based on the criteria, it should be something quite different and enlightening when it comes to walking the runway.
If there's enough interest, we might make it a part of our annual year-end celebration, but if not, then we'll always have the usual suspects to party with to enjoy the random and crazy fun we are known for, so consider joining us.
And as we always say ... Have Fun & Expect the Unexpected
NEW YEARS EVE PARTY DETAILS
MONRIA'S GOT TALENT
- gather your friends and/or society members and come up with an act
- your act could be a specialized dance using items and sync'd movements, or ...
- if you have enough people, you could do a stylized trick drill ... think flash mob
- scope out the Monria Hub to see what space is available to work with
- --- it doesn't necessarily need to be just the stage area
- consider your costumes, the more themed the better
- give thought to music to accompany your presentation
- --- we might have a means to accommodate your music tracks
- be creative, be crazy, be out there, but be entertaining
- let's fill the Monria Hub with lots of fun and celebration
- information will be posted soon
- this will be the most unusual fashion contest ever because there is no theme
- put together an ensemble that makes a bold statement
- could be beautifully designed and coordinated, or all over the place and we laugh our ass off
- get creative, think different, think simple, think complex, think out there ... your choice
- we want to see fashion like we've never seen it before
- and we want to see it on the runway
- 1st Place Prize -- 300 PED
- 2nd Place Prize -- 200 PED
- 3rd Place Prize -- 100 PED
Let's top off 2016 with this unique New Years Eve Party and bring in 2017 as crazy as we're going out. You know there will be the usual random acts of nonsense, especially when the boss is around. He's still trying to get his PvP HoF at the Hub, so maybe this time he'll make it.
It's one of those "show us whatcha got" moments, so don't miss out and join the fun. :clap
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO OUR MONRIA COMMUNITY