Monria Wiki Event -- Who will win the next apartment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Monria Wiki Contribution Event
Who will win the next apartment?

In this thread, I mentioned that I was going to put together a Monria Wiki Contribution Event in 2016 with the rules, because I was itchin' to give away an apartment. A certain someone (@Angel Of Shadows), didn't wait for any rules and took the initiative to get the Monria Wiki launched.

As a result of the consistent and large amount of content that she added to the Monria Wiki over a short period of time, I felt that she earned a well-deserved reward. You can read about it here.

So, who will win the next apartment? :D

Official Monria Wiki Forum Event Rules
  • it's really quite simple
  • the next person who makes the most Monria Wiki contributions in the time period set, wins
  • you can find the link to the Monria Wiki at the top left of the forum
  • the Monria Team will be the judges
  • the event will run between -- today, January 16th (00:00 UT) -- and, February 13th (23:59 UT)
  • you can add information to what has already been created, or start a new category
  • the content added should be Monria-specific only to be used as a resource
  • the information should be beneficial to participants experiencing the Monria environment
  • be creative, but present your content in a concise readable format - use bullet points where you can
  • don't worry about grammar or spelling, I'm the edit widget, so just relax and have fun
  • what are you waiting for? :D
The reason I set the dates and times that I did, is because we are planning a Valentine's Day Event on Sunday, February 14th and I would like to give away the apartment for this effort then. Knowing the Monria Team as I do, I'm sure we'll be giving away additional apartments and perhaps other things, but I'll post the official event announcement as we get closer.

For now, you have the Monria Wiki Event to think about. Let's see what you can come up with. :)

sluggo

Official PED Donator, Friend of Lootius
Shop Owner
NO SPAMMING.
Also, before you post. If you edit something, that may count, if you edit something 6 times over, that WON'T count for 6x the 'credit' ... unless of course you are re editing because you are putting up pictures of me in my uber buff Swim Trunks.

sluggo

Kendra

Virtualsense Staff
Staff member
Official Moon Shopper
Virtualsense Media Team
Nice initiative DM

Daughter of Anarchy

In response to the change of rules posted here (posted it here too, because it looks like I'm not allowed to post in that section of the forum - which I totally understand since it's announcement section after all):

I am aware that because of this post I will get everyone on my head, but that's OK, since I always thought is more important to stand for your principles instead of trying to be liked or accepted by some people.

I am a posting junkie (and as proof in this direction stays my hundreds of posts both here and on Arkadia forum, where there were no prize involved) so, when time allowed me, I jumped on board with the Wiki project without a second thought, and without even giving much thoughts to the prize (I can't say none at all, but it was never the main goal), just because I love "creating content" and I'm a big fan of all wiki projects (with a few hundred hours spent on Wikipedia alone for example) and I didn't slowed down a bit, but tried to find new content and new content ideas to add (like the quests or real estate books), even when I saw that I'm "leading" by a large margin (at the moment I'm making this post, having three times more "contributions" than the next [and only] other active "contestant") or when a whole section of wiki that I created (dedicated to events) was deleted because it was considered as not needed. Now I don't think is normal to talk about the quality of the content that I added myself, since I would obviously be subjective, but everyone who can look at the revision history can sure pass their own judgement over the subject.

Yet, due to this change and due to the change within the moderation policy (which practically lead to censorship, where no content gets live without it being manually revised and approved by a censor/moderator first), I'm here officially retiring from the contest (and, unless something changes, guess that would be a good moment to congratulate Balam for winning by default, since he was pretty much the only other person posting since the contest started) and I will refrain myself from adding/modifying any content 'till the end of the contest (then I'll resume doing it, since, as I said, I wasn't doing it for the prize anyway).

The reason for my protest is that I don't find it fair to change the rules in the middle of the game; I don't want to comment about the new rules being better or worse than the old ones, but I just don't find it fair at all that, after you posted some rules, people started playing/competing by said rules, to come in the middle of the event and say that you changed your mind and come with different rule set. I won't comment more since I don't want to create more drama than needed, but please note that I am very disappointed of all this and I feel that it was completely unprofessional and unethical to change the rules of a contest while said contest was in progress.

Last edited:

Eugenio Anhithe Wilde

Moon Manager
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
In response to the change of rules posted here (posted it here too, because it looks like I'm not allowed to post in that section of the forum - which I totally understand since it's announcement section after all):

I am aware that because of this post I will get everyone on my head, but that's OK, since I always thought is more important to stand for your principles instead of trying to be liked or accepted by some people.

I am a posting junkie (and as proof in this direction stays my hundreds of posts both here and on Arkadia forum, where there were no prize involved) so, when time allowed me, I jumped on board with the Wiki project without a second thought, and without even giving much thoughts to the prize (I can't say none at all, but it was never the main goal), just because I love "creating content" and I'm a big fan of all wiki projects (with a few hundred hours spent on Wikipedia alone for example) and I didn't slowed down a bit, but tried to find new content and new content ideas to add (like the quests or real estate books), even when I saw that I'm "leading" by a large margin (at the moment I'm making this post, having three times more "contributions" than the next [and only] other active "contestant") or when a whole section of wiki that I created (dedicated to events) was deleted because it was considered as not needed. Now I don't think is normal to talk about the quality of the content that I added myself, since I would obviously be subjective, but everyone who can look at the revision history can sure pass their own judgement over the subject.

Yet, due to this change and due to the change within the moderation policy (which practically lead to censorship, where no content gets live without it being manually revised and approved by a censor/moderator first), I'm here officially retiring from the contest (and, unless something changes, guess that would be a good moment to congratulate Balam for winning by default, since he was pretty much the only other person posting since the contest started) and I will refrain myself from adding/modifying any content 'till the end of the contest (then I'll resume doing it, since, as I said, I wasn't doing it for the prize anyway).

The reason for my protest is that I don't find it fair to change the rules in the middle of the game; I don't want to comment about the new rules being better or worse than the old ones, but I just don't find it fair at all that, after you posted some rules, people started playing/competing by said rules, to come in the middle of the event and say that you changed your mind and come with different rule set. I won't comment more since I don't want to create more drama than needed, but please note that I am very disappointed of all this and I feel that it was completely unprofessional and unethical to change the rules of a contest while said contest was in progress.

I think that is probably for the best as the only reason I've had to waste my time moderating (not censoring as everything has been approved) is that you were editing content with blank spaces to increase your count. I hadn't expected this to be honest which is why I changed the rules and I am quite annoyed by it. In the future I won't run these kinds of events that are open to abuse but instead will merely gift the people that are helping me in good spirit.

I also think it is extremely unfair to call out Balam who has been contributing content to the wiki in good spirit and I really appreciate his efforts.

One of the advantages of being a player is that I get to say things like this, if you don't like what we're doing or how we're doing it just move along. No big deal.

Thread locked
Ant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom