Monrian Born Can't do Ahlan Wedding Ring quest

Narberal Gamma

So just came to Touland and when I try to complete the Ahlan Wedding Ring quest from the new player chain it just doesnt work. I've tried everything swim up/down, getting into and out of vehicles, jumped from above, abandon and getting it again and nothing. The quest refuses to update.

Any fix or someone that could help me? Only reason I came to Touland was to do the chain

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Sorry, it's evening time for me, so I'll have to look into this tomorrow. Kendra usually looks into these things, but it's even later for her, not to mention it's the weekend.

I'll see what I can do to help tomorrow, but if this is truly a bug, then it takes a VU to put the fix in.

Narberal Gamma

Sorry, it's evening time for me, so I'll have to look into this tomorrow. Kendra usually looks into these things, but it's even later for her, not to mention it's the weekend.

I'll see what I can do to help tomorrow, but if this is truly a bug, then it takes a VU to put the fix in.

Okay thanks. Will try to ask on Touland chat a couple of times today if you'r around but it's weekend so I understand. Also the bug has being reported and acknowledged so it's all good even if I can't do it.

Anyways, my take on it is that it could have something to do with being monrian born or that my avatar is above the usual height and the game slithly glitches since the spot is in a corner underwater, so it doesnt autocomplete from being at the area nor can I actually interact with the ring since I can't reach. It sound a little silly but is the only explanation I can come with since I had 0 issues getting the couple of quest before, being monrian born.

Also just in case. These are my active quest right now on my journal:
(Got "Where's My pants?" at a later date so don't count that one )
Captura de pantalla 2023-11-04 120431.png

I got this wp /WP [Planet Toulan, 132646, 93996, 254, Waypoint]
from here Mission Guide step 5
Hope it helps.

No it doesn't. Don't wanna be rude but ofc I know where the ring is otherwise wont be even making this post. No idea why you posted that. Did you even read my post?

Last edited:

Littlestar b-k

VCAT Team Member
I did read your post.
Some mission objectives aren't exactly right on the mission marker and thus i gave you coords from a person i trust.
But obviously you know better so best of luck.

Narberal Gamma

I did read your post.
Some mission objectives aren't exactly right on the mission marker and thus i gave you coords from a person i trust.
But obviously you know better so best of luck.

You clearly don't know how the quest works If you think I missed the spot but Okay Thanks for the passive aggresive post and the "help".
No more Offtopic please.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
You clearly don't know how the quest works If you think I missed the spot but Okay Thanks for the passive aggresive post and the "help".
No more Offtopic please.

First of all, there is no need to be rude. LittleStar is a veteran community member who has helped many over the years and to the degree that they have earned the rare Virtualsense Volunteer Outfit for doing so that is given out by the owner of Virtualsense and content creator of our locations for major contributions to the community and beyond.

There is a specific thread that LittleStar was referring to that I put together of all the steps in the Toulan Born mission chain to make it easier for new players to navigate their way through them. Others in the past have had an issue with Ahlan's Ring because they think that it's to be picked up. Use first person view and your down arrow to swim down close enough to the ring. Then use your Interact key so that the mission is updated. The height of your avatar doesn't matter.

I said in my first response to you that I would look into it today since it was already into my evening, but as I also mentioned, it was even later for Kendra (VS Team member) who normally takes care of mission issues, and this is also the weekend. This is the first time a problem with this particular mission has been reported in a very long time. I will look into it and it will get resolved one way or another, but if it turns out to be an actual bug, then it may take longer. A fix can be done at any point, but it needs a VU for it to be implemented. That's just how the platform system works, but that is MindArk's platform system and how we all work accordingly.

There's also nothing wrong with where the ring is located under water, and no glitch as such has ever been reported. Also has nothing to do with you being Monrian Born because we made this mission chain available to Monrian Borns a long time ago and many have done it. We are also continuing to get an influx of new Toulan and Monrian Born who are doing the mission chain just fine and have not reported anything not working until you just did with Ahlan's Wedding Ring.

Try the down arrow in first person view while in the water by the ring and click on your Interact key to see if that works.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
As a follow-up to my previous post ... I met up with you at Ahlan's ring location in the lake behind the Citadel and relayed the suggestion I made with regard to being in first person view and using the down arrow to get to the ring. Then using your Interact key (icon) which should update the mission. I also mentioned that I am Monrian Born and I had done it just fine, and that other Monrian Born were doing it, so I'm clueless at this point why it's not working for you.

Kendra will have to look into this but it won't be until sometime after the weekend. You have free travel on the Yamato, so should you leave Toulan then you can always travel back to Toulan once this is sorted.

Top Bottom