Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
We are organizing our first Monrian Born Field Trip to Next Island. All Monrian Born, especially new players, are encouraged to join us on this excursion in order to complete beginner missions, capture teleporters for future travel, gain experience and pick up some rewards along the way.
Monria Field Trips are sponsored by the Community Initiatives Program (CIP), and an integral part of our new player Monrian Born Program. Members of the Monria Community Assistance Team (MCAT) accompany us on field trips to help guide our Monrian Born through the activities where required. Additionally, many who are not MCAT team members also join us for the fun and to help with our Monrian Born. We thank them very much.
All Monrian Born interested in experiencing this field trip, please be prepared to join us on Friday, Aug 23rd beginning at 22:30 game time, which is the end of our Friday Yamato travel schedule.
If you are on Monria, then you can fly with us during our travel schedule on Friday, or if you are on Arkadia, Calypso, Rocktropia or Cyrene, we can pick you up along the way. If you are already on Next Island, then meet us a little after 22:30 game time at Crystal Bay to coordinate the agenda. I will verify that this will be the place to meet and update this thread.
Details are listed below.
MONRIAN BORN FIELD TRIP TO NEXT ISLAND
- depart Monria for Next Island on Friday, Aug 23rd aboard the Yamato @ 20:00 game time
- --- 1st Monria summons is at 19:45 game time
- --- final Monria summons is at 19:55 game time
- --- make sure you are not underground in the caves or caverns
- --- we leave Monria at 20:00 game time sharp, please don't be late
- return to Monria from Next Island on Sunday, Aug 25th aboard the Yamato @ 19:30 game time
- --- 1st Next Island summons is at 19:15 game time
- --- final Next Island summons is at 19:25 game time
- --- make sure you are on the surface of the planet and not in an instance or at Greece
- --- we leave Next Island at 19:30 game time sharp, please don't be late
- --- we will begin our normal travel schedule once we get to Monria
- --- if you are returning to any location other than Monria, you can travel with us from there
- you will be sent an invite to our in-game Monria Field Trip channel for communication
- --- this will be done once we all meet at the following location:
- --- Paradise Landing [Next Island, 135863, 83724, 315, Waypoint] - Landing TP
- please be sure to keep the channel active so that you don't miss out on the activities
- --- instructions will also be given in the Monria Field Trip channel
- guide Monrian Borns and those new to Next Island through Next Island beginner missions
- --- there is a cool Next Island vehicle to acquire through a mission -- (see photo & video below)
- TP runs to collect teleporters at various locations for those who need them for future exploration
- we will be team hunting on creatures with our Monrian Born
- --- DME will hand out low-level weapons to team on lower-level creatures - (ammo not included)
- --- we will also give our Monrian Born an experience hunting higher level creatures with us
- there is a special event scheduled for Sunday at 14:00 game time hosted by Draxar & Ekimose
- --- meet-up location is: First-Wave Settlement TP -- [Next Island, 136378, 84366, 235, Waypoint]
- --- it will require us to have the Strider vehicle, so we will make sure we all have it
- --- I was told that we should be careful with them before the event because they damage quickly
- --- so if you use them before the event on Sunday, please be mindful of that
- make sure that you have downloaded all planets and space if you choose to join us
- click on the "Tools" link on your Client Loader at the bottom right - see what's checked and not checked
- also make sure that you have signed up to be added to the Yamato guest list here
Any activities with the Monria community members is fun and crazy because we are a spontaneous and random lot where anything is possible, and it's always good to "Expect the Unexpected."
This new Next Island vehicle is acquired through a mission which we will do early or first thing because I think the special event that Draxar & Ekimose have planned for us on Saturday requires we have this.
This is also a 2-seater vehicle and is quite cool ... I hear it's easier to handle than the Cyrene Spear.
I have also added a little video of Lami taking me for a ride on it when we were at our Arkadia field trip last month. I can't wait to get my own.
For those who have not been to Next Island yet, join us and have a fun weekend exploring.