Monrian Born Starter Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eugenio Anhithe Wilde

Moon Manager
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
Hey Monria!

The Monrian Born Starter Kit originally had its roots in us wanting to help new players in those first few days on Monria to be able to learn the game and play enough to be able to make an informed decision as to whether they stick around or not. There were just far too many players who logged in, got frustrated, logged out and were never seen again.

It started really with random acts of generosity to new players. We handed out guns, FAPS and ammo to new players we met, and tried to help them understand EU. Over time we grew and became more structured and organised in our approach. By this I mean, DME put organization and structure in place :D

The CIP program has grown into something quite special that has been very effective in increasing the amount of new players that come to Monria and stick around. The combination of DME's leadership and the community support has really helped new players.

One aspect of the CIP program that helps is the Monrian Born Starter Kits that we handed out to new players who start on Monria. My reasoning for supporting this was always quite simple. If we could spend a little bit of PED on each new player to give them the opportunity to play and not deposit then they would get to know EU a little and hang around long enough to make an informed decision.

Needless to say, handing out free stuff in an RCE is open to abuse, and I've never been naive enough to think this hasn't been the case in some instances. I never talk about this publicly as that would only make the matter worse and encourage abuse through teaching people how to get free PED! This hasn't been an issue for the most part over the last few years because I can tell by the analytics I do that there are enough players who have stuck with us to make it worth while.

As we have grown, a greater number of people know about us. Through referrals, and both organic and paid marketing, we have seen an influx of new Monrian Borns. As a result, the amount of Monrian Born Starter Kits we have been giving out has also increased. To the point where a few months ago I stopped my paid marketing campaigns and analyzed the player behavior. This is something I do periodically to understand what works and what doesn't so I can adjust accordingly. This is what I discovered:
  • A large percentage of our Monrian Borns sign up through no marketing campaign, no referral link, no back link or search engine but directly via a long affiliate link URL (something that would have been copied and pasted or in favorites for example).
  • Again, a large number of these new players very quickly go from signup, through Thule and collect their starter kit.
  • The vast majority of these players then log out and never login again.
This is something that really started happening at the beginning of this year, at least to an extent that I
can no longer accept.

It is with some regret that effective immediately, and for the reasons above, I am cancelling the Monrian Born Starter Kit. I just cannot justify spending hundreds of dollars a month when so little of it is going toward helping new players on Monria. It is unfortunately one of those things where once the cat is out of the bag there is no turning back.

Going forward I will invest instead in paid marketing to bring in even more players and focus on new player content in my development plans.

I will also review our other CIP programs, including the sweat buying, to ensure that our PED is being used effectively to support our mission of bringing genuine new players to Monria and EU. If something isn't helping us to grow then we will adjust accordingly.

Thanks
Ant

Pavel Shooter

Hello! Are you making an exception? I live in Uzbekistan, Russian by nationality, we do not have a large salary here. It would be nice if there was a starter pack! I regularly played mmorpg Perfect World, recently I saw a review of Entropia Universe Game on YouTube, I liked the game, I decided to try it, but starting with a zero deposit is already a little more difficult. It would be nice if you hand out the starter pack as an exception to novice players who really want to stay in the game. "I apologize for my English while I write with the google translator."

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Hello Pavel ... you are doing quite well with the Google translator, and what you are posting is easily understood.

With regard to the Monrian Born starter kit, we can definitely appreciate your circumstances, but the data that was collected over a period of time was an indicator that it was causing more challenges than being beneficial. Unfortunately, we cannot make any exceptions to this decision. If we make an exception for you, then we would have to make an exception for everyone else.

However, as a Monrian Born, you are eligible to do the Toulan Born beginner missions on Planet Toulan that is also part of our virtual family. The Toulan beginner mission chain has 22 steps and gives a weapon, ammo, healing tool, mining equipment, probes, and might be other things along the way, I'm not totally sure, but it gives you an opportunity to learn the game within two communities that are very helpful. Also, there is a mission outside of the beginner mission chain that has ammo as a reward and is repeatable.

As a Monrian Born, you get a free space travel benefit to fly aboard our Yamato Mothership, but our warp schedule is only on Fridays and Sundays. Perhaps there would be someone kind enough to take you to Planet Toulan for free so that you can get started on their beginner mission chain. Sometimes there are community members who help new players with a weapon or other things, but this has to be a natural occurrence because it is frowned upon for anyone to ask others for items or PEDs.

Not sure if you have read the Monrian Born Program post yet, but take the time to do so if at all possible, or get another Russian-speaking community member to translate it for you if you can. There is a Russian-speaking chat channel in the game, and the way you join it is to type this (without the arrows) in the in-game chat box --> /join #russian <-- and there might be another Russian chat channel as well.

Be sure to sign up for your free space travel benefit at the following link, but remember we only fly on Fridays and Sundays:

Pavel Shooter

Well, I have no problem translating the pages as the translator is in my Google Chrome account. I'll try to figure out the game and survival ... Sorry to trouble you!

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
It's no trouble at all ... we are here to help in whatever way we can, which is why I gave you the information I did.

I hope it all works out well with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom