Music that has helped you through trying times ...

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
I'm starting a new Music thread to post music tracks that have helped us through some trying times ... this is a bit self-serving on my part because I needed to be reminded that tomorrow isn't guaranteed, and I haven't been diligent in adhering to some things that should be a priority in my life ... no need to post, really, but I hope this may give you pause for thought.

Here is a track that I absolutely love, and will tear up every time I listen to it because it takes me back to when I was in a very stressful and struggling time. I think that music has helped many of us through challenges and has a healing component to it in one way or another, but some music is also very inspirational and gives hope.

When I had my very intense struggle in 2010-2011, I documented everything ... Two Steps Away From Death's Door ... I'm a funny person in the face of fear, but then I have always used humor as a mask to cope ... I'm more funny when I write :p ...

I just read the first 6 pages again and didn't realize I was THAT funny, LOL ... at any rate, I documented it all because during this journey it was very educating and I wanted to share, but also give hope and inspiration from my own experiences ...

However, despite my crazy humor, I got more than I could ever imagine ... the community also kept me laughing and steady with my nerves and stress and it helped me a lot ... ya, they were crazy-funny too, and that's what I wanted ... no sad or poor you or things like that, but to share with me in this process with as much humor as possible, because it kept me going ... thank you to all who helped get me through this back then, I am still forever grateful. ❤

Perhaps if anyone chooses to read what was documented, it might have a positive and enlightening effect, it really is educational, and I think you'll find some interesting posts from some you may not expect to see. 😮

Is it any wonder I am still connected to an amazing community ... I am blessed to be here with you. 💜

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Yes, I am having a moment :p ... I am always advocating for more effective communication, but also for more active listening because I have witnessed people talking AT each other with the potential for a loss in translation.

I actually equate this to a form of silence, because when we don't connect so well when words are exchanged, or not exchanged, this type of silence can be deafening and a wasted moment of opportunity ...

Here is a song that has always had a profound effect on me, and is the most magnificent cover of this song I've ever heard ... it gives me chills every time I listen to it, and when you listen to the words, let them sink in ... absorb them and embrace them for their value.

I am going to do my best to actively listen, and not be so reactive in moments that can trigger negative feelings. Going forward, you might experience something different with me, but I will be more conscious of how I can make it more positive.

You are not required to respond to what I write, nor to post songs that have helped you through difficult times, but if you choose to, I am looking forward to listening to them and perhaps gain a bit more inspiration myself.

FireDbugFly

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
At times we all have difficulty with our own nature, how handling emotions in a moment without clarity can have lasting effects.
Difficult times should be reflected on after they are all done to learn from them. If you do not study your own reactions, how can you learn from then.

Life has its challenges and sometimes all we really need is a new perspective, a perspective that can be influenced by music.

When all is given and there is nothing more to give, you will be carried by all of the hands you have held along the way.

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
I have witnessed people talking AT each other with the potential for a loss in translation.
I definitely can relate and have a lifetime subsciption to that one.
Different people with very different cultures, references, etc etc.. are not necessarely open to catch the "english" references (nor even half of the words, let alone their meaning - raises hand ✋).

Even when you are an expat, you only become good at giving convincing smiling, humming and noddings, praying that this ends quickly, but you are still left clueless about what the hell that conversation was about.
Though i adapted very well to the British local Cuisine, like Currys, Chineese takaways and gravy.

Only exceptions to this rule are aliens that usually shmash phirst! / shpeak later, like Hally, but the haircut gives that right away, so no revelation here. 🤡

Fortunately, music is an universal language.
So, even if you have no clue about the lyrics (yes, thats an issue too!), it still channels those emotions and stuffs.
I wont post my tissues-away playlists here, but i usually have my classics.
Ill spare you the gibberish Café/Croissant chansons, but a roundtrip with Muse, along with other stuffs usually does it for me.

EDIT: Funny you posted the RK1, one of my friend is a drummer in there, though i didnt see her on that video, but she definitely is on the Paris ones.

Hally

Shop Owner
VCAT Team Member
Without being to melodramatic, my life have been quite full of trying times, so i relate a lot.

Music of all kinds have been a solace for both me and my family, and it was only a few days since it occured to me how long it has been since i heard a live instrument played in even my remote vicinity.

I also wont be oversharing but in 2012 me and my family started a series of unforseen health issues that was quite severe. (All of which is now fixed/treated or managed)

This was the song that me and my wife heard over and over again

This masterpiece is the one song that stayed my "go to" since forever

Also this one lives rent free in my head lately

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Thank you Hally for sharing, it means a lot. We all have our trying times and even though they can be quite tough, they remind us just how fragile life is, and that we should continue to respect it as best we can. 💜

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
I'm a Shinedown fan, so your track Vengence was more than a treat, especially with the message. There always seems to be a continuing time and need throughout history for all of us to rise up and work together to carry us through ... very appropriate. :thumbsup

Thank You

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
I'm a huge Disturbed and Metallica fan, so here are a couple more tracks that have great meaning, especially if you've ever been in those moments when you feel like giving up because it just doesn't seem worth fighting ... depression, bullied, unconnected, overwhelmed to the point you wonder why you even put in the effort ... never give in and never give up ... it's worth it.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Oh Kendra ... I really love that music track, I never heard it before, it really has a place here, thanks for sharing. 💜

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Here's another track that can bring me out of a funk and get me to do something other than just sitting still in my chair, LOL ...
(note to self - might need to tighten up the bolts) ... and this is my favorite cover of the AC/DC Thunderstruck song ...

Top Bottom