Nawa Fragments

Synial

This is more of feedback/discussion thread than a suggestion but I am really curious if these resources are working out as intended as these have confused me for a long time.

I have met countless people now that don't (or have stopped engaging) with CUHOF due to the acquisition rate of these and have subsequently started working on goals on other planets. This applies to me as well as I never understood why the rate at which fragments come into the game prices it at a point where a high dps player could literally choose between the markup cost of 20 hours of gorgon or 1 hour of cuhof...

Would it be bad if the temple were filled with khaffash and they dropped nawa fragments? Or if a Nawa Fragment blueprint were available from the technician that used nawa drops and a material that could drop from khaffash at the temple?

I'm very out of touch with the low level economy on Toulan at the moment but it seems like that area could be filled with Khaffash and actually promote low-level activity but instead is just an area where people can afk for given time intervals and get free money?

Heidi Stassinopolis

Shop Owner
Volunteer Mentor
VCAT Team Member
They are easy to find if you can be bothered to do tt finder mining, but I guess if you are interested only in doing the instances this would be a pain.

I guess they are that way to make it easier for new players to make a bit of MU.

How about if there were a daily mission that rewarded nawa fragments just like the mirsal missions?

Synial

Hey Heidi, yeah I am sure that is why they were implemented the way they were but to elaborate on why I'd asked "are they working as intended?" is because of the dynamic of who is currently buying nawa fragments and why (sorry ant, trying not to make every post an essay 😬 😆 ).

If you watch CUHOF global alerts (which is quite easy with so much time spent on DSEC) and look into the people running them; you can see that most people running them take 45min to 75min to complete a CUHOF5. Assumingly, they are psychologically comfortable with paying the markup they are set at due to the time the content keeps them occupied (though this markup is still unjustified given rewards - not sure why people pay it). Lack of economic analytical skills probably play into this as well [all of this is markup not seen by toulan btw].

However, as you scale DPS upwards and start to see clear times of 10-15 minutes the markup spent per hour is untenable (due to people content with paying the markup once per hour), as is acquiring the nawa fragments yourself due to how they are introduced to the temple. This leaves many high-dps players with an experience where they come to Toulan - assume the nawa fragment markup is justified - pay it - and then leave dissatisfied, often upset in Toulan chat and upsetting DME or whoever with their vulgar comments 🤣

With all this said - it's not completely unheard of for design to sometimes intentionally exclude the high-end/"uber" playerbase - but I doubt that was the intent given that Baraka got an upgrade path to adjusted.

When I'd asked "if these resources are working out as intended," I was essentially asking if it was intended to exclude and leave higher-dps players with a negative experience just so a few players can gain a couple ped - in many cases not even interacting with the khaffash but just running them around and looting fragments. It's just a bit too lopsided and absurd that I could choose to pay markup to cover either a week or moloch depths or a few hours of CUHOF.

P.S. Yeah, I've spent some time at the temple - the amount of players that ran around naked, without a weapon, killed 0 mobs: were quite plentiful. Can't say how many hate messages I've got from people I've killed - generally not in a language I know :D I can speak from experience the nawa fragment acquisition rate is at a pace where I spend more time doing nothing than running CUHOFs.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
This leaves many high-dps players with an experience where they come to Toulan - assume the nawa fragment markup is justified - pay it - and then leave dissatisfied, often upset in Toulan chat and upsetting DME or whoever with their vulgar comments.

Joke or not, this is simply not true, and no one for quite some time has been "vulgar" with their comments in either Toulan or Monria chat ... not while I've been in the game.

Please don't exagerate at my expense.

Thank You

Synial

Joke or not, this is simply not true, and no one for quite some time has been "vulgar" with their comments in either Toulan or Monria chat ... not while I've been in the game.

Joke, yes.

I guess I should have used past tense and written left rather than leaves in what you quoted - as yes, it has been quite some time. The last "language please" and following chat rule breakdown in my log dates back to Sept 30, 2022. But that does rather prove my point and does tie-in to the point of this thread. Player experiences often do leak into chat channels was what I was getting at.. and was not written to be interpreted as an exaggeration.

Most have already experienced what I am talking over a year ago and said people were quite negative about the experience from mid 2021 through a decent chunk of 2022 but they have already abandoned the content due to the gripes I posted above.

The only reason I posted this was because I've read many complaints lately about people training khaffash out of the temple (including a post on this forum) because people are, as I wrote, not even engaging with the content and just picking up .01 pec items from the Toulan server. I figured that if this was finally going to be addressed maybe the core issue with nawa fragments could proactively be looked at as well incase the intent was to do something with Baraka past where it currently stands.

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
For my part, even though all the above are very valid arguments, i am not too disturbed about the fragments themselves.

I largely prefered the keys crafting system, which made people engaging in Cuhof content, buying from miners engaging in Planet content, and forcing them to engage in planet crafting content.

What annoys me beyond words with fragments, is that even though the base principle was very well thought, as for giving new players those extra options to get started ingame, this is clearly not the current achieved outcome.

I can hardly imagine someone thinking :
“I want to play entropia”
“Yes, yes i am logging in where i logged off, the Temple”
“I’ll have a nice walk around that foutain there”
“Oh i think i need to take these mobs chasing me away from this area, for my next gaming session”
“That’s it, i think i have enough for now”
“I am going to log off and think again in an hour”

I can appreciate why someone with no planet knowledge, new to Toulan, but with higher skills, willing to engage into Cuhof, planet content, may be reluctant or limited, to plan ahead and prepare lenghty runs into Cuhof.

Again, personally, i am not bothered about those, i have over a kilo of cells, which will last me years, well fed in sweat for crating WWs for space, and spent a ridiculous amount of time at the Temple, so i do am well stocked in fragments.

Also i think it kind of needs some MA intervention, for reasons i would not mention to do not derail the thread, but leads us to try and become creative to suggest viable alternatives to the current situation.

I also have been very careful avoiding to mention PvP in both threads ; This side of it is overly enjoyable.

E~

Heidi Stassinopolis

Shop Owner
Volunteer Mentor
VCAT Team Member
I also have been very careful avoiding to mention PvP in both threads
It's PVP therefore you die. If I die I'll just comeback with a bigger gun.... That is the rule :shooting

I'm with Eleni, if I want fragments I go collect them by mining but then I am a Toulan resident and have time to waste. However I agree with Synial for a visiting player then your comments about the fragment acquisition and relating to CUHOF are valid, I certainly wouldn't buy fragments for exactly the reasons you state.

Top Bottom