Otis Commander Team Hunt - 9pm 28/01 on Dsec-9 (Monria)

AckerZ

[Crossover post from pcf - unsure where to put this so feel free to move it where its meant to go]

Tomorrow night (28/01/22) we are assembling a team to take on the Otis Commander - the boss at the end of hunting/mining part of the very lengthy DSEC-9/Toulan Crossover Chain. Killing the Otis Commander allows people who have completed the chain up to this point (chain info found here) to loot the rare 'Silver Crown' which at the end of the crafting part of the chain gets converted into the 'Silver Crown of Sahar'.

HKot2sF.png

The Crown has a 15% Item Construction Skill Gain Buff which is now an essential item for crafters (currently one on auction for SB 20K and one on pcf SB 25K). Not only is it valuable for crafters but the Crown now allows you to loot the Golden Key Parts from the Lotus Solo Instances which refine into the Lotus Gold Solo Master Key which is used to enter the Lotus Gold Solo Instance - it is in these new instances where the new Unlimited Lotus Armor and Lotus Armor plates can be looted.

Currently the asking price for a single piece of Lotus Armor in a recent sale thread was SB 10K - worthwhile pursuit for any MU hunter. (old sale thread here)

zQBrbOQ.png
xqvJ8oC.png

lotus_plate.jpg

More details on the Lotus Instances can be found in the Virtual Sense VU Notes.

The Otis Commander does the same damage as the standard Otis found on DSEC-9:

Otis Damage Type: 37% Burn/ 37% Impact/ 26% Shrapnel

hQVwNnq.png

Thank you to Drakill for supplying this info on OTIS damage types; for all DSEC-9 mob damage types see Eleni's excellent thread over at the Virtual Sense Forum here: DSEC Damage Types

The Commander itself is an L1141 80,000hp boss mob that regens very quick and does high AOE (area of effect) damage, this means that damage is split over the number of players in the damage radius. Unarmored the mob seems to hit for >200 per hit and hits fairly quickly. I have done this boss once before and it took a team of around 10 of us a few tries before we ironed out the group strategy and managed to kill it, dying and then re-grouping typically meant it regen'd to near full health again. The last loot was a rather lack lustre HOF so potentially this next one could be bigger - I believe the highest HOF so far has been 4,000ped.

0raotqH.png

ponAGrC.png
As it is an AOE boss mob we need around 10 players minimum with 'decent' armor set-ups, however even if you aren't decently armored the more people that turn up the easier it is for everyone involved, so if you are a newer player come and join the experience and partake in the joys of being a low level meat shield - a rite of passage.

How do you get to DSEC-9?

First fly to Monria Space Station, about 10 minutes by Quad Wing interceptor from Caly, slightly longer in Sleipnir.

Once at Monria, select DSEC-9 from the drop menu on your map and go to the Elara Terminal in the top right.

AorZkoy.png

Then at 9pm meet at the coordinates slightly south of the Elara Terminus TP [DSEC - 9 , 35479, 18520, 104, Waypoint] - this is the nearest revive terminal to the Otis Commander. Then when we have a decent sized group we will fly slightly west to where the Otis Commander is located. (Checkpoint 1 below)

MH16Erk.png

Hopefully see a number of you there tomorrow at 9pm where myself and my friend Quint will be trying to unlock our 'Silver Crowns' any help from any level would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully we all hit a nice HOF and have a fun time boss hunting on DSEC-9. All are welcome so even if you are newer to the game come check out DSEC-9 and some new(ish) content put out by the VS team.

Feel free to use this post for future group rallies to complete this chain

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Actually, Synial was the first to assemble a team to kill the OTIS Commander to get the broken Silver Crown and the HoF was 8838, Freja's HoF was 4793, so the potential for a big HoF is there.

Good luck with assembling the team and taking down the OTIS Commander. :thumbsup

Oh, and I moved your thread to DSEC-9 non-program general discussion.

Sith Meister

Shop Owner
VCAT Team Member
If you want to do it tonight aybe think about organising a warp from toulan to monria and back. Then it doesnt take up everyones toulan time.

I will join in but i am on Toulan.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
If you want to do it tonight aybe think about organising a warp from toulan to monria and back. Then it doesnt take up everyones toulan time.

I will join in but i am on Toulan.

Nice idea, but then it would have to be after the beginning of the Toulan event that everyone really enjoys ... it starts at 19:00 game time and goes for about 2 hrs I think ... somewhere around there.

Also, if a roundtrip warp was scheduled and enough people joined with heavy firepower, then it wouldn't take long to take out the OTIS Commander and everyone would be right back at the Toulan event ... I think AckerZ would need to see Rais anyway after seeing Pam at the DSEC building at the Elara Terminus TP.

Sith Meister

Shop Owner
VCAT Team Member
Nice idea, but then it would have to be after the beginning of the Toulan event that everyone really enjoys ... it starts at 19:00 game time and goes for about 2 hrs I think ... somewhere around there.

Yeah I agree after the main event fly over kill otis and fly back :)

or simply wait for tomorrow

AckerZ

"Rawr66" will be running a warp from Toulan to Monria and back to Toulan at 9.10pm - please message him to be added to the guestlist if you want a free warp there and back (pre-paid by me)

As this is a public event pirates likely can see there is going to be a warp from Toulan to Monria. PLEASE DO NOT CARRY LOOTABLES (stackable items in your materials tab/Mining loot) while unlikely pirating is a fair part of the game so please be safe. I have warped with Rawr66 multiple times, great guy but warping is not 0% risk so be safe.

See you all at 9pm onwards :)

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
Its slightly down the hill, i suppose it has been shot a bit earlier.
[DSEC - 9 , 35055, 19132, 104, Waypoint]
1643401971461.png

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Nice photos Eleni ... thanks for posting them, I'll post mine in the morning with other details. 💜

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Here are the photos I captured from the DSEC OTIS Commander take down where both AckerZ and Quint got their Silver Crowns ... they will now start the last leg of the DSEC-9/Toulan crossover mission at Toulan to do 30 daily crafting tasks until they are completed and will be able to meet the Old Crafter in a Tent atop the Narian Temple to collect their final Silver Crown of Sahar ...

Entropia 2022-01-28 15-56-26-86.png
Entropia 2022-01-28 15-56-28-25.png
Entropia 2022-01-28 16-04-09-15.png
Entropia 2022-01-28 16-05-58-58.png
Entropia 2022-01-28 16-07-08-07.png
Entropia 2022-01-28 16-07-26-94.png
Entropia 2022-01-28 16-07-34-95.png
Entropia 2022-01-28 16-07-39-64.png
Entropia 2022-01-28 16-07-41-41.png
Entropia 2022-01-28 16-12-29-08.png
Entropia 2022-01-28 16-12-31-77.png

Entropia 2022-01-28 16-13-29-69.png

Entropia 2022-01-28 17-12-05-16.png

Here is who showed up on the Nearby List of who was there helping ... sorry if I missed anyone.

Entropia 2022-01-28 16-06-06-13.png
Entropia 2022-01-28 16-06-17-72.png

Was a fun time, and Congratulations again to AckerZ and Quint for the accomplishment. :jumpclap

Also thank you BIG time goes to Rawr66 who warped people from Toulan to Monria/DSEC-9 to participate in the OTIS Commander take down, and then warping them back to Toulan again to continue with the monthly event ... nicely done. :thumbsup

Top Bottom