PATCH.. when?

Kitch

I suppose what this does tell us is that when they turn on something like this in the back end, the minimum they have to do for it to take effect is a server reboot. So I think there is no way they can slide some new loot in without at least reboot, if not a client patch. Plus for the BP's they will need books which would be bought from tech and would need client update for that.
Also doubt they will do another reboot today cause two server downs in one day is a bit messy - though I personally wouldn't mind another if we get the content! :p

Svarog

Well from a crafting perspective I looted a BP other than WW so they have turned something on there too. I guess they are doing it in stages which is pretty smart I guess, hard for us tho :/

A Toulan-specific BP? Because I loot plenty of Basic Relay/Structure/Filter etc while clicking Conductors and Ruds from Day 1.

non

A Toulan-specific BP? Because I loot plenty of Basic Relay/Structure/Filter etc while clicking Conductors and Ruds from Day 1.

thats a real shame to hear i think i like the cyrene model of only have planet bps loot at the beginning. really helped not having to grind through all the dross trying to start there.

Kitch

no it was a basic dampers. I am surprised your were getting those as I was only getting welding wire BP and I think some others mentioned that aswell..

thats a real shame to hear i think i like the cyrene model of only have planet bps loot at the beginning. really helped not having to grind through all the dross trying to start there.

totally agree - I want it all independent. And if basic filter is dropping.. Does that mean that BP here will use it? I doubt that :/ Wish MA would get a grip on this loot situation.

Svarog

I don't know the current situation on Cyrene, but there weren't native bps at the start (camped there for a month after the launch), and when they added those later - it was the same endless grinding through Caly bps to loot one.

no it was a basic dampers. I am surprised your were getting those as I was only getting welding wire BP and I think some others mentioned that aswell..

WW are the most common indeed, but others drop too at least once for each 100 clicks of components.

non

I don't know the current situation on Cyrene, but there weren't native bps at the start (camped there for a month after the launch), and when they added those later - it was the same endless grinding through Caly bps to loot one.

your right i remeber looting some bearing bps now that i think about it. pay no attention to me :)

Neil Stockton

totally agree - I want it all independent. And if basic filter is dropping.. Does that mean that BP here will use it? I doubt that :/ Wish MA would get a grip on this loot situation.

This would be fine for old crafters who already have their universal BP books full. But if you're trying to help new Toulan players get into crafting, it doesn't make a lot of sense to me to send them to another planet to collect the basic bps, especially if the universal BP uses the minerals commonly found on Toulan. They may like the large collection of BPs available on Ark or Caly and stay there instead. We'll have to see what the Toulan BP scene looks like, but for a planet to create a complete and self sustaining economy is a huge endeavor, I doubt Toulan would be able to provide enough of their own BPs for that at first.

Last edited:

Stig

This would be fine for old crafters who already have their universal BP books full. But if you're trying to help new Toulan players get into crafting, it doesn't make a lot of sense to me to send them to another planet to collect the basic bps, especially if the planet has BPs that use the minerals commonly found on Toulan. They may like the large collection of BPs available on Ark or Caly and stay there instead. We'll have to see what the Toulan BP scene looks like, but for a planet to create a complete and self sustaining economy is a huge endeavor, I doubt Toulan would be able to provide enough of their own BPs for that at first.

Aye sounds wise. The Sultan of Toulan approves this message

Kitch

This would be fine for old crafters who already have their universal BP books full. But if you're trying to help new Toulan players get into crafting, it doesn't make a lot of sense to me to send them to another planet to collect the basic bps, especially if the universal BP uses the minerals commonly found on Toulan. They may like the large collection of BPs available on Ark or Caly and stay there instead. We'll have to see what the Toulan BP scene looks like, but for a planet to create a complete and self sustaining economy is a huge endeavor, I doubt Toulan would be able to provide enough of their own BPs for that at first.

I don't even think, lyst, oil, cald or whatever should be found anywhere else is what I'm saying I think they should be totally independent, loot, resources and BPs planet independent and only the output from that - weapons, armour etc should be moved to other planets for trading... But this is totally off topic now and irrelevant.

What I will say about the update is that if the loots are going to get put back I would love if they could activate a few Iron style missions so we at least have something else to do in the mean time...

Top Bottom