QUAD disappeared

Brick

BUG REPORT:

Support case filed through EU website roboresponse: "forwarded to the responsible team."

Awaiting response day 2

CASE: was in FNF Jeef Zajer Ancient - Legendary instance. I died and revived in instance and recalled quad to planetary storage routinely. There is no storage in FNF instance so i presumed it went to outside instance storage. After checking it was neither in planetary storage, personal inventory, or even in my 'my items' on the EU website inventory(after receiving much good advice from ingame chat for places to look). It disappeared. The items that were in storage in the quad are listed in 'my items' without location of any kind. The location column is blank for these items, and these items only, out of almost 4000 items. I have no vehicle right now so I am trapped and awaiting a fix. I have had this quad for probably 10 years or more.

Thanks in advance for your quick response and address to this bizarre bug...
inventory1.png

Littlestar b-k

VCAT Team Member
That is unfortunate. Seeing how looted items are involved this is going to be up to MA to solve.
Hope they are on it.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
"Forwarded to the responsible team" doesn't mean the PP team, but the team within MA that would handle something like this because the "inventory, storage and retrieval" system is an MA system that we don't have access to, nor the items list for avatars at the EU website. This is definitely something that MA has to sort out for you, and unless they closed your case, then it is still active. They sometimes need time to look into these things, and this is the weekend, so let's see what happens next week.

I've been told that this has happened on other planets, and PPs don't have access to avatar items, so MA has to sort this, sorry.

Keep us posted please.

Brick

"Forwarded to the responsible team" doesn't mean the PP team, but the team within MA that would handle something like this because the "inventory, storage and retrieval" system is an MA system that we don't have access to, nor the items list for avatars at the EU website. This is definitely something that MA has to sort out for you, and unless they closed your case, then it is still active. They sometimes need time to look into these things, and this is the weekend, so let's see what happens next week.

I've been told that this has happened on other planets, and PPs don't have access to avatar items, so MA has to sort this, sorry.

Keep us posted please.

ah k, thank you. they closed my first support without resolving the issue and just said it had been forwarded, so I opened another one and asked that it not be closed until it was resolved as it should not be. The current case remains open with the same referral to the 'responsible team'. I would be curious if this is a general bug, i.e. if anyone went into an FNF instance, spawned a vehicle then recalled it to storage would it disappear. If you try please report the bug to MA, file a support obviously, and choose a cheap vehicle. :)

Regards,

Brick

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Ok, so I decided to test this out myself to see what would happen ...
  • the first test I entered the same Jeef Qaher Ancient-Legendary FnF instance
  • I crossed over from the TP and placed the extra Quad Wing Interceptor I bought for this test
  • I didn't want to lose mine should the same thing happen to me
  • following are photos from the two tests
Test #1
  • went into the instance
  • placed the Quad
  • did a recall all vehicles
  • and the Quad went right back into my inventory
Entropia 2023-06-03 16-14-35-52.png Entropia 2023-06-03 16-14-41-79.png Entropia 2023-06-03 16-14-51-36.png Entropia 2023-06-03 16-25-46-30.png Entropia 2023-06-03 16-25-49-69.png Entropia 2023-06-03 16-26-09-34.png Entropia 2023-06-03 16-30-33-02-Vehicle-Recall-DME.png
Test #2
  • went into instance
  • placed the Quad
  • left the instance without recalling the Quad
  • did a recall all vehicles outside of the instance
Entropia 2023-06-03 16-51-43-96.png Entropia 2023-06-03 16-51-50-86.png Entropia 2023-06-03 16-54-25-59.png Entropia 2023-06-03 16-56-07-98.png Entropia 2023-06-03 16-56-28-71.png Entropia 2023-06-03 16-57-35-37-Vehicle-Recall-DME-2.png

And I even went to my account at the EU website to check my item list and both Quads were there.

Quad-Wings-DME-Item-List.PNG

So, this is something that MA has to sort out for you as mentioned before because we have no access to the game systems that this relates to, and I would continue to ask them to check this and not close the support case until it is resolved.

At least this was tested on our end. :)

Brick

Ok, so I decided to test this out myself to see what would happen ...
  • the first test I entered the same Jeef Qaher Ancient-Legendary FnF instance
  • I crossed over from the TP and placed the extra Quad Wing Interceptor I bought for this test
  • I didn't want to lose mine should the same thing happen to me
  • following are photos from the two tests
Test #1
  • went into the instance
  • placed the Quad
  • did a recall all vehicles
View attachment 22281 View attachment 22282 View attachment 22283 View attachment 22288 View attachment 22289 View attachment 22290 View attachment 22291
Test #2
  • went into instance
  • placed the Quad
  • left the instance without recalling the Quad
  • did a recall all vehicles outside of the instance
View attachment 22292 View attachment 22293 View attachment 22294 View attachment 22295 View attachment 22298 View attachment 22299

And I even went to my account at the EU website to check my item list and both Quads were there.

View attachment 22300

So, this is something that MA has to sort out for you as mentioned before because we have no access to the game systems that this relates to, and I would continue to ask them to check this and not close the support case until it is resolved.

At least this was tested on our end. :)

Nice! Good to know it is not a general bug. most instances dont let you place vehicles at all so i did wonder if it had something to do with that. the really weird part is that all the stored items in the quad show in my items list but i do not have access to them at this time, and they show no location but the quad itself does not show anywhere.

I DO HAVE ONE QUESTION THOUGH:

DME on image 6 of 13 when you recalled the vehicle it says 'recall to inventory'. I do not think I have ever seen that in my popup it always says 'recall to planet storage'. Now it is possible mine said the same thing as yours in the instance, I can't say I was paying attention close enough attention in that moment to be certain about that. When you are out in regular planet areas does it also say recall to inventory or recall to planet storage? If so this might be a key difference or advantage provided to official MA avatars and us regular folks and so your test wouldnt be valid maybe? Because it just recalled it directly to you rather than storage. Devils in the deets.

Regards,

Brick

Last edited:

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Ok, then I will do another test on Sunday to see how that works.

Also, I'm not an MA Official but a VS Planet Partner Official ... however, I knew what you meant. 🙂

Brick

Ok, then I will do another test on Sunday to see how that works.

Also, I'm not an MA Official but a VS Planet Partner Official ... however, I knew what you meant. 🙂

Yes yes...I knew there would be feedback once I put it that way but was too lazy to figure out how to properly describe you. I do not know if your avatar has special abilities ingame I would presume it would and one of those might very well be that MA doesnt want you to have to go back to planet storage if you recall a vehicle so they allow it do direct recall to your inventory. That is an interesting feature anyway. Looking forward to the next answer to my mystery! :D

Brick

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Well, one of the perks of being an official is not only being immortal, which means that I can't play the game, but we can insta-port anywhere in the universe, so ... quite easy to get to any storage anywhere. 🤪

I'll do the test on Sunday to see what happens.

ShadowDragonV

Volunteer Mentor
VS Media Team
VCAT Co-Founder
VCAT Team Member
DME on image 6 of 13 when you recalled the vehicle it says 'recall to inventory'. I do not think I have ever seen that in my popup it always says 'recall to planet storage'.

We get this message when we recall a vehicle when you enter a Starfinder/Pathfinder from space and recall the vehicle, it goes into your inventory, and/or when you die in space and you recall your vehicle, there is no storage in space so when you recall it, it goes straight to your inventory.

Entropia 2023-06-04 16.44.49.png

FnF doesn't have storage so usually it should go back into your inventory. In your case, it went to the void instead...

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Ok, I did one more test to see what would happen ...
  • went inside the same Jeef Qaher Ancient - Legendary instance at FnF
  • left the Quad inside the instance
  • did an insta-port to DSEC Forensics at Monria
  • did a vehicle recall all vehicles
  • and this time I got the recall all vehicles to planet storage, BUT ...
  • the Quad ended up in my personal inventory again instead of planet storage
Here are the photos ...

Entropia 2023-06-04 12-35-47-09.png Entropia 2023-06-04 12-35-51-39.png Entropia 2023-06-04 12-36-00-45.png Entropia 2023-06-04 12-37-50-43.png Entropia 2023-06-04 12-38-41-18.png Entropia 2023-06-04 12-43-57-47.png Entropia 2023-06-04 12-44-55-06.png Entropia 2023-06-04 12-45-51-71.png

So now I think someone else will have to test this to see if the Quad goes to inventory or storage, I'm all out of tests, LOL ...

Brick

Ok, I did one more test to see what would happen ...
  • went inside the same Jeef Qaher Ancient - Legendary instance at FnF
  • left the Quad inside the instance
  • did an insta-port to DSEC Forensics at Monria
  • did a vehicle recall all vehicles
  • and this time I got the recall all vehicles to planet storage, BUT ...
  • the Quad ended up in my personal inventory again instead of planet storage
Here are the photos ...

View attachment 22308 View attachment 22309 View attachment 22310 View attachment 22311 View attachment 22312 View attachment 22313 View attachment 22314 View attachment 22315

So now I think someone else will have to test this to see if the Quad goes to inventory or storage, I'm all out of tests, LOL ...

ur the best DME and thanks Shadow!

Brick

Top Bottom