Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
break-c.png

THE BEST WAY TO PREDICT THE FUTURE IS TO CREATE IT
break-c.png
Thursday | December 22, 2016

Tomorrow may not be ours to possess yet, but when it arrives, the possibilities are endless. It was Abraham Lincoln who said ... "The best way to predict the future is to create it," and after a year of finding our way through Moon craters and such, the future is looking pretty damn good.

We are progressively moving in the right direction and have no intention of slowing down anytime soon. Based on our experiences this past year, and the feedback from the community, we have been working on our 2017 plans to create new experiences and further engagement in the Moon's environment.

We have a more organized and balanced CIP Program with exceptional teams in place.
break-c.png

Summary | Community Initiatives Program (CIP)
break-c.png

MONRIAN BORN PROGRAM
  • a solid management team is in place with @RosaRaine Buns and @Superraine raine r456
  • the field trip program will be initiated in January with at least 2 field trips per month, time permitted
  • Monrian Born team hunting will take place as frequently as possible
  • additional activities and events for Monrian Born will also be on the agenda
  • our Monria Volunteer Support Team (MVST) has grown and we have a nice group in place
MONRIA SPACE TRAVEL PROGRAM
  • a solid management team is in place with @Eric Shade Avenged and @Leodolfr Leon Stronghorse
  • the Yamato pilots and crew are exceptional and support all program efforts
  • the travel schedules run smoothly and any challenges are handled in the best way possible
  • we will be adding Rocktropia to the travel schedule in the near future
  • we are also considering adding one more day of travel to the week besides Friday and Sunday
  • an announcement will be made when these changes are in place
MONRIA REPAIR SKILLING PROGRAM
  • repair skilling runs generally take place at the end of a travel schedule on Friday and/or Sunday
  • the runs are generally 3 hours long but can go longer
  • this program is working very efficiently between management, pilot staff and crew
MONRIA NEW ARRIVAL TUTORIALS (MNAT)
  • currently there are 5 tutorials available to assist our new Monrian Born
  • the goal is to add to these tutorials in 2017 with more comprehensive information for guidance
  • @Hovno, @Gatekeeper and @Noz have been instrumental in contributing to these tutorials
  • we may look to others and their expertise toward expanding this program
break-c.png

Monria | 2017 Events
break-c.png

In 2017, we will produce our usual Holiday events with St Patrick's Day being the most elaborate. It will coincide with GamerCon which will be held in Dublin, Irleland where Monria will have a display area to demonstrate just how we do it on the Moon. Our event will take place at the same time as GamerCon and we will be showing the outside world how St Patrick's Day is done in the virtual world.

Aside from the usual events, we are planning on launching our annual Monria Boxing Championship event as well. Testing phases and details are still being worked out, and when completed, an announcement will come as to when this event will be launched.

We have also made our Monria Round Robin Tournament an annual event, and that will most likely take place starting in mid-August, but details will be given in plenty of time.

Spontaneous events will also be a part of our agenda, but we hope that more player-created events will occur which we will be supportive of, and many in the community donate prizes to these as well.

We are not sure that we will have another Monria 20 Tickets event because several tickets were not returned and we would not be able to create new numbers for those tickets. We might do a variation on a theme, and if we go that route, we will make an announcement.
break-c.png

Monria | Beginning History, Kipling Chronicles,
New Monria Back Story & Evolving History
break-c.png

I made contact with "Pinthas Schmenke Dorian," the author of Monria's discovery and beginning history, and we are working together to assemble his complete work so that we can showcase it at the new marketing website that Anhithe is working on for launch in a couple of months or so, along with our own work.

Writing is very personal because you draw upon so many variables that inspire the creative process, but when that creative process is developing storyline for an in-game virtual environment, it's a heart and soul endeavor that takes you to a realm of dimensional thinking that can be daunting at times. However, it opens up a whole new level of possibilities that are basically limitless, and therein lies tremendous excitement.

We thought it only appropriate that while we are evolving our own new Monria back story and history, that we honor the author of its beginning history. We are very pleased that Pinthas has agreed to share it.

The Kipling Chronicles are coming to a close with many lingering questions that will be answered in the final episode, but that is not to say that there won't be more. As mentioned in my first year reflections piece, our storyline will drive development and vice versa. Community members will also be an integral part of how we advance our storyline, and who knows how their stories will reflect on our evolving history.

We have discussed other series the likes of the Kipling Chronicles as well, because we want to keep Monria's evolving history interesting and engaging. You never know who the next hero and/or villain might be.
break-c.png

Thank you for being a part of our growing community, and for supporting what we see as our vision for Monria. I have thoroughly enjoyed the process of building self-managing CIP teams, and appreciate the exceptional work and contributions that you all make toward our shared experiences.

I look forward to being in the trenches even more going into 2017 because it's all about community.

And as we always say ...
break-c.png

HAVE FUN & EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED
break-c.png

DxBlueIce

Nice update - looking forward to 2017 :)

Btw, do you have a pdf file with all the story around Monria in one place? (I'm such a lazy f...)
I want to get ready for the "real stuff" in 2017 ;P

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Nice update - looking forward to 2017 :)

Btw, do you have a pdf file with all the story around Monria in one place? (I'm such a lazy f...)
I want to get ready for the "real stuff" in 2017 ;P

All of the Kipling Chronicles are in one locked thread here, but each individual Kipling episode can be found here, just in case you might be inclined to make comment or ask questions. The final episode of the Kipling Chronicles (Ep 10) will be published soon and added to the locked thread. Eventually, I'm going to be converting the 10 episodes into a combined PDF format for download.

With regard to everything else, it will be published in the Monrian Lore category of the forum where I already have a section set up for our own back story that pivots off of the beginning history that Pinthas wrote, as well as our official new and evolving Monria history. The work by Pinthas may or may not be published here at the forum in that section. I'm more inclined to say that it will, but that has not yet been decided. Ant wanted it for the new marketing website he is developing so that we give full credit to Pinthas and his authorship of Monria's beginning history, but I'll discuss this with him.

Pinthas and I still have to finalize a finished document that will become his work for Monria's beginning history. He has asked me to do an editorial review to check for typos, etc., but nothing will be changed from his original work. When we have this complete, there will be a decision made with regard to whether it is just published at the marketing website that Ant is developing, or there and also at the forum. I'll let everyone know when that decision is confirmed.

There's a substantial amount of content to get through, so this might take Pinthas and I a bit of time to complete before it can be shared, but I'm looking forward to working with him. He did a great job on Monria's beginning history, and his work is something we definitely want to honor while we move forward with our own evolving history.

And BTW ... the Kipling Chronicles is also "real stuff" incorporating real Monria community involvement in the escalation of activities that are happening on the Moon, and also relevant to storyline with regard to how our community is growing and fighting alongside each other against an increasing level of unleashed darkness. It is the first of many multiple-episode series that will become part of the lore of Monria in addition to the official storyline. :)

Zarnia Foxtrot

Volunteer Mentor
Thanks for keeping us in the loop of things. Just a quick question which may not be under your perview. With the increases in Monrian population and more events being added to Monria's schedule, will MA be compensating for the increase? i.e...more Monrians on Monria equals more mining claims in ratio to the increase. i.e. quicker recovery time from the events in globals/HOF's during and after the events themselves for globals/HOF's to happen...i.e. topside availability and variety for Monrians to mine the surface like the craters and caves...i.e. events to include the Monrian topside. lol..i tried to condense the question but I think i made it harder to answer. I don't know if you are able to answer these questions or if it's exclusively a MA call on things but I just wanted a possible answer if there is one (or more) available. lol

Thanks.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Thanks for your question Zarnia. I'm going to let Ant field this one because he is better able to speak to the mechanics of the environment and any involvement by MindArk with regard to the variables that may or may not change due to the growing increase in the Moon's population.

WiseDude

I'd say the best way to predict the future, is to look at the past. Past tells a lot, to create some kind of future.
For example, if an apocalypse happened in the near past, the near predictable future should have a direct relation to that apocalypse.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
I'd say the best way to predict the future, is to look at the past. Past tells a lot, to create some kind of future.

For example, if an apocalypse happened in the near past, the near predictable future should have a direct relation to that apocalypse.

First, welcome to Monria, maybe introduce yourself here.

Second, we basically said the same thing. Meaning ... when I said that the best way to predict the future is to create it ... it would definitely encompass what has been learned from past experiences. I think we all make decisions based on past experiences, and try to create something that perhaps is more amenable to the type of future we would like to experience.

In the instance of an apocalypse, it would stand with good reason that there would be specific dynamics at play that would dictate how to move forward, which would more than likely mean a state of survival mode.

However, there would be one case where a person would be hard-pressed to look at the past ... and that would be if they were suffering from a state of amnesia. My Mother suffers from short-term memory loss as a result of a mini-stroke in August of 2014, and she is quite challenged to remember experiences or things said or done during the course of a day.

Thank you for bringing your perspective, it inspires one to do some critical thinking. :)

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
When is the next progress update ?

Hello George ... we are eyeball deep in preparing for our huge St Patrick's Day event on March 18th and 19th, so I'm guessing that both Anhithe and I can consider another progress update after the event. This is our major annual event each year now, and this year we are coordinating it with GamerCon, so lots more to do.

Besides, Ant has gone completely bonkers with this year's event ... my head hasn't stopped spinning, it's that awesome.

mastermesh

.after a year of finding our way through Moon craters and such, the future is looking pretty damn good.
Uh, hope you didn't jinx it by making that statement...
no ill wished, etc. just remember the bright outlook full of stars in eyes Marco and team had back then... and how it all fell apart. Maybe that dark part of the horror back story is sneaking in to my subconscious as I post...

Love the caves, but you might want mindark to fix em. The other day all mobs were frozen in place like popcicles down there.

Last edited:

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member

The Moon is doing quite well, and we are only a small portion of the whole of EU. Linking to the Calypso forum to a post by Marco from 2010 has no bearing on what is going on currently with Monria. MindArk fully supports what we are doing with Monria and we have accomplished quite a bit over the past year plus.

Comments and linking such as what you did are never seen as contributing to the overall positive nature of how we conduct business or interact with the Monria community, on the Moon or at our forum, so please refrain from making them.

Thank You

Eugenio Anhithe Wilde

Moon Manager
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
@GeorgeSkywalker, hey Ace long time no see! We've been pretty slammed and we plan to get progress updates out after St Patrick's weekend.

@mastermesh not sure what to make of the comparison. Since I bought the moon I've had a few predictions that the moon will be sold within a month, within a year, and we're still here and still happy. I was told I was insane when I made my first major purchase of a hangar way back when, and I've been hearing it ever since. If I listened then, I wouldn't have been in a position to buy Monria in the first place, and I wouldn't change that for the world.

While there are no guarantees, the future is looking bright from my point of view, and I want to reassure those that invest both time and ped in Monria that I'm going nowhere. I'm still investing in Monria, but even if I stopped doing that, there's no financial pressure for me to sell as it was a cash purchase with no debt. The comparison to full planet partners (like SEE) is completely different as I didn't take the level of risk required for that kind of approach.

It is very easy to wait for people to fail while the brave take risks trying to succeed.

Ant

Top Bottom