Things that would make a lot of sense! feat. Hally

Synial

I think we agree on most fundamentals but I think there is a lot that can be done with a small space that doesn't require any new expansion or asset development - only balance.

We'll never know what is and isn't possible from planet partners so I'll just put this as a hypothetical.

Imagine if the following happened as part of the same VU:

New blueprints introduced that include weapon/armor/finder enhancers - utilizing Toulan resources
New blueprints introduced that include mining amps similar in scope to D-Class (utilizes mining resources and materials from mobs that low level players can collect).
Nawa Fragments obtainable from mining with finders/amps with more decay than the TT variant
A new plate series introduced as part of an upgradeable series
Base plate drops from ANY TOULAN MOB killed within the FnF
Adjusted Upgrade material drops from KHAFFASH marauder/slayer/queen
Improved Upgrade material drops from DUHOL marauder/slayer/queen
Modified Upgrade material drops from THAWR marauder/slayer/queen

Other materials needed would drop from non marauder/slayer/queen (baby khaf/duhol/thawr) and require toulan specific resources (maybe also the tinctures from CUHOF/Lotus?)

Base plate farmable by anyone
adjusted and up require a bit more investment

I dunno.

I'm just thinking off the top of my head right now but I think that there are many old assets that can be repurposed and actually tremendously increase cycle without the need for area expansion.

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
I totally agree with this mindset my Lord.
This is the "kind" of thing that would totally make sense indeed.

Other tiny little detail is that, bosses from wave spawns had a purpose in the past : Karmoosh pet mission.
This has not only been removed, but not re-purposed, making bosses, and even-more-bosses idea null.
So there is indeed plenty room for improvements.

Small space is more of a problem to do with mining, and adding even more bosses/isolated maturities or any crazy idea of the like.

Anyhow, i think i have talked enough in here, i will let you guys develop 🤭

Heidi Stassinopolis

Shop Owner
Volunteer Mentor
VCAT Team Member
Yes I agree too, more BP's more reason to bring crafting to Toulan etc etc

Nawa Fragments obtainable from mining with finders/amps with more decay than the TT variant

I disagree with this, fragments you can find randomly on the floor like stones, and they are used only for instances so I think there is a reason they are restricted in claim size. I personally like going out with my rookie terramaster and picking up fragments it is easy ped which is probaly the intention for low level players and not meant for greedy miners like you and me :D

as to space on Toulan, I am thinking there may be some mage generated catastrophe which breaches the dam letting all the water out. This would create a mob free mining area but still retain the statues mission and let all the caboria out into the lagoon... hint hint

anyway this brainstorming is very good and I am sure the VS team will pick up on the good points

Synial

Nawa fragments and their implementation(s) are actually one of the biggest representations of content that I find to be completely egregious in Entropia so I'm compelled to respond/clarify.

I didn't suggest nawa fragments to be available to players that are actually cycling significant ped because I wanted to sell it. I suggested that because that is a gateway to get people to actually engage with the content that is gated behind them without being (imo) ripped off.

I can only really explain with an anecdote.

As a lower level player or a player with more modest dps/armor options you can walk into the wild of Toulan and find many creatures that are spaced out comfortably. Not many issues with aggression radius and you're able to go monster-to-monster at a reasonable pace.

As a higher level/geared player (especially melee) - your experience in the wilds of Toulan is, for the most part, very uncomfortable and sluggish. In many cases you will spend more time moving than you will killing (there are some exceptions).

A question I've seen a lot of the in Toulan chat: "Is there a high density spawn of X?", "I can't find enough of X mob - is there a good spawn?", etc...

A common response to these questions are: "go to the FnF!"

Going into the FnF is a pleasant experience. In fact, the hunting experience there is similar to hunting at other hunting areas released within the last few years.

What is the cost of entry for a (1 hour) pleasant hunting experience on mobs that are found outside of the instance? A mid-maturity mob for 1 hour costs more than 6 hours in the moloch cave, and high maturities are as expensive as an entire Gorgon wave. Cyrene instances are free. Calypso instances are mostly free, and in some cases require an attunement mission be completed. Random instances on other planets are not free but have exclusive monsters and loot.

Honestly, I think the FnF should be free in its current state as well. The only reason why I mentioned it still requiring any access fee was under the umbrella that they would give the mobs in there a purpose (like dropping plates).

I'm not against the concept of fees to enter an instance or start a wave. I'll start a gorgon wave and I kill Molochs. I am entirely against the idea of being taxed to simply have an enjoyable experience hunting mobs that are native to the natural planet hunting areas.

Sorry for another long post but man do I hate nawa fragments and all they stand for.

P.S.

For the inevitable "markup is created by players, just farm it yourself if you don't want to pay it" responses -- If a high roller walks into your establishment you don't tell them that they have to play on the penny slots for a few hours before they can move to the big tables - they just go to the next establishment (planet)... and if you tell them they have the option of giving gratuity to the entire staff (before playing) in lieu of playing at the penny slots.. they will laugh in your face, and then go to the next establishment (planet).

Littlestar b-k

VCAT Team Member
Honestly, I think the FnF should be free in its current state as well. The only reason why I mentioned it still requiring any access fee was under the umbrella that they would give the mobs in there a purpose (like dropping plates).
I completely agree.
As it stands now the Fauna and Flora is way to expensive. I would be doing the young duhol/thawr there for my codex if there was another way to gain acces. I would totally do a longer mission chain to gain free acces.
I also suggested some added benifit to hunting inside there in an older post. Fnf

Heidi Stassinopolis

Shop Owner
Volunteer Mentor
VCAT Team Member
I didn't suggest nawa fragments to be available to players that are actually cycling significant ped because I wanted to sell it.

Ok now I understand what you are getting at, I took your previous comments as meaning making fragments like normal mining resource.

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
In my arrogant opinion, FnF is another quirky one.

The way i look at a mob, to decide if i want to go for it, is usually split into three points :
  • Can i do it? (Here is my gear, my level, MU on the gear needed, etc etc)
  • Is the loot worth it? (Does the MU looted covers all the costs the mob requires me to add, odds for a rares, or long term item, etc)
  • Will i skill okay doing this? (Self explainatory)

I have never done, nor even tried FnF ever, and do not plan to, but please forgive and correct me if i am wrong.

FnF is a private room, for which you select your mob and its maturity - For a fee, indirectly paid to another player (usually afk at Temple or afk sweating).
Since the mobs are mostly available on the planet, you narrow the benefits to private maturities.
Since the mobs loot the exact same loot table than planetside, this add no loot benefit, and narrows the benefits to skills only.
So the only benefit here, is convenience, for either pills users so they can "skill efficiently", or get private maturities, to fill their codex, so skills again.

Since as i mentioned above, Toulan mobs are oddly low level for their high HPs, this means FnF only benefit is to be more efficient at skilling on mobs that are not efficient to skill - So like BK intend to and mentioned, just a codex filler.
All of this for a fee, on the hour.

Compared to Cuhof, for which has a chance to loot whatever, at a reasonable fee, for which I personally had no problem to pay.

In sum, I do think that FnF should not be free, or the planet spawn would just become empty, but ;
I do think that FnF should provide enhanced benefits on the long term basis though, as for a carrot to run after, just like Cuhof does.
Either in form of progress within FnF, killcounts, rares, or whatever.

Thus FnF would then provide at first, something to covet, but also a generous convenience to hunt in peace in a wonderful spawn.

This is my views on FnF as it stands now, but again, i may aswell be wrong.
Hope it helps and makes sense though,
E~

Top Bottom