[Tool] Mining Finder Tool on EntropiaHub

Morrath

VCAT Team Member
Virtualsense Media Support Team
Hello Miners,

Made an interesting tool for miners wanting to know what their current finder can claim in EU.

1626979785387.png

You can select your miner and add a margin in meters to see how close you get to the average depth.

1626979860278.png

I hope it helps new miners understand depth while mining ore/ent. Feel free to send me updated Finder data and features you want to see.

I might need to add enhancers slots since they will increase the depth of the base finder. I just need to know how much more depth each level of enhancers add. This is why I added the margin input for the moment.

Have a great day :D

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Have I told you lately how much I think you ROCK. You are truly a friend to Entropians and their need for valuable information. Thank you for all you do Morrath, it is immensely appreciated. :thumbsup

Heidi Stassinopolis

Shop Owner
Volunteer Mentor
VCAT Team Member
It might need a bit of tweaking, if you load a DSEC L30 with 10 depth enhancers it shows nothing, in fact with 6 or more enhancers it shows nothing but I had a tier 10 DSEC L30 last year and it would find ore at depths exceeding 1500m mostly lyst and oil but sometimes rare stuff. I'll have to look up my old runs and see what they show. Are you getting the mineral depths from LBML?

Morrath

VCAT Team Member
ah yes i saw that bug. there is an issue on my search logic.

Will fix it.

Thanks for trying it.

Yes I am taking depth from LBML.

FireFist

Shop Owner
Hello Miners,

Made an interesting tool for miners wanting to know what their current finder can claim in EU.

View attachment 15700

You can select your miner and add a margin in meters to see how close you get to the average depth.

View attachment 15701

I hope it helps new miners understand depth while mining ore/ent. Feel free to send me updated Finder data and features you want to see.

I might need to add enhancers slots since they will increase the depth of the base finder. I just need to know how much more depth each level of enhancers add. This is why I added the margin input for the moment.

Have a great day :D
This is pretty awesome though i would like to add, maybe was missed? or not. but, figured id rather add just incase. I assume these numbers(Depths) all come from LBML. If thats the case just remember the data has a 90 day rolling period now if ur site adjusts to those periods then id say you have everything covered idk how that all works for webpages but, i thought id add that small part.

Also, for newer ppl imo the most important depth I feel is the minimum here because I feel its least artificially influenced depth due to what the masses use for their finders. For example is the masses are using F-105's and F-106's then the avg's are always going to be higher and those avg's get high for finders like the dsec and other deep finders. so, imo like Morath points out having the +-200m ranges in mind if the minimum is say Pyrite which is listed as 487m you'd want to shoot for an avg depth of 687m on your finder and you would still be good. Correct me if im wrong anyone that is more in depth but, thats how i see the math works out and seems to flow in my claims.

Morrath

VCAT Team Member
Thank you FireFist - good points you stated. I could add an offset as well to match closer to minimum value instead the average for the green highlight.

The logic is as follow:

- have the base depth of the finder be between min and max
- highlighted in green if the finder depth + margins for better success - matching avg value
- highlighted in green with enhancers to modify how close you get to avg values for each ore/ent - finder depth + margins + enhancers boost - matching avg value

I do not scrape the LBML website yet. I wanted to make sure it works before I do that. Might need to ask permission first.

Finders and ore/ent data is in the database so it will be easy to update later with a PHP cron job.

Top Bottom