Toulan armor Feedback

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
This is a project i cooked a couple weeks ago, when testing Baraka, and wanted to offer a documented insight about armoring on Toulan.

Since, in my opinion, and i voiced this in the past to the previous management too, Neither Rifi ME (UL) not our new Baraka really match Toulan damage.
Here is how i will document it, and will invite everyone to comment and feed your thoughts about this.
This will include Toulan creatures, and not Desc9 / Z-Elara, or any xeno-abomination living beyond our skies.

There will be two parameters in armoring, to consider :
  • Damage type
  • Damage volume
And another thing, will be how expensive each type would be to accomodate, for exemple, we know that Impact and Acid (acid due to RDI) are now the most expensive types to cover.
Imp/cut/Stab be the most common, since they cover a large area of animals, etc etc.
So Impact at high value would be very expensive, and a drop surely pretty rare.
To consider.

My insight goes to Toulan creatures, and why i think Armors available today on toulan are missing the target.

Name
Stb
Cut
Imp
Pen
Shr
Brn
Cld
Acd
Elc
50​
50​
40​
60​
10​
90​
50​
50​
30​
30​
40​
30​
30​
40​
33​
33​
33​
10​
10​
80​
10​
40​
50​
75​
25​
75​
25​
60​
20​
20​
x​
x​
x​
?​
50​
Presence​
A lot​
A lot​
A lot​
A lot​
Never​
Once​
Twice​
Never?​
Occasional​
Damage %​
Low Mild​
Mild High​
High​
High​
Naught​
Low Mild​
Mild high​
Low mild​
High​

So as you can see at the bottom line, In a perfect world, Toulan regular creatures (Not event nor instances) are calling for high presence and/or value of :
  • Impact
  • Penetration
  • Electric
Which are our Top 3 Booboo damage.

Follows short behind :
  • Cut
  • Cold

So an ideal "Everyday" armor on Toulan, but not cheat proof (meaning no need a 50 resistance Uber pack) Would be calling out for Impact/Penetration/Electric as highest value.
Then Cut/Cold as mildish value.

High impact for Thawrs/Sunjoq/Duhol/Wahesh ( Queen says Goodnight too often )
Mild Penetration for Khaffash/Jeefs/Thawr (impact covering some too ~ so high priority but medium value)
Electric for Wahesh ( Angry fish stalker doing ~120 damage = at least 60 points value in electric, so possibly generous)

Cut for Bahri/Khaffash/Jeefs
Cold for Duhols

Neither Rifi nor Baraka actually consider Penetration damage. Rifi being a Disciple reward will be left at the begginers Tier0 mobs, yet Penetration being a predominant on toulan, in my opinion, should have been covered (opposite to cold, for exemple = No point having 6 cold on Rifi ME but no penetration)
Thou resistances of Rifi have been revisited already, and it is much better.

At 217HP a Lv7 Khaffash put me at near death in Baraka, unplated. ( @~10DPS, so ya, but yet, yes.. Uhmmm Ya. )
Baraka with 5Cut and 0 Penetration is a real Collander on Khaffash
So 33% impact is fully absorbed, 5 cut (15%?) and 0% penetration. Baraka works at ~45% coverage on Khaffash.
13 + 5 = 18HP resistance against Khaffash

Thawr = OOooOOoooOoooO
13 impact + 3 electric + 0 Penetration = 16 resistance against Thawr, thats less than Khaffash, for a mob hitting much harder.

Sunjoq stalker hitting ~60 damage?
13 impact + 0 penetration = 13 HP defense
This is less than on Khaffash, and less than on thawr, so a turtle stays undeafeated in Baraka.

Duhol = 50% imp / 50% Cold
@ 60damage?
13 impact / 0 cold.
13HP defense on Duhol.

I also have to heal on tabtab puny, due to 0 penetration :p

So in all and for all, Baraka, our first UL armor, aswell as Rifi is neither suitable for Dahhar (90% pen) nor Sunjoqs, not Khaffash, nor Thawr, Nor Duhol, etc etc.

With this Baraka has a low durability.

Not a complain, again please, only Hally and myself have a set, so not a big deal.
And it looks nice.

Tho it does is hard to loot.

More of a more educated approach, with a table, and expectations, of what, in my opinion, a Toulan armor should look like.
Going throught both damage types and their dosage, in details, and arguing about Rifi and Baraka, since they are what we now have.
I wont mention Jadid armor, since to me, it is another paper and unfit armor as for values, thou was much more fit on the types and balance.

And i mentioned Baraka, since i have managed to experiment with it, so i love it still!

This to consider Toulan armor plating aswell, for which i have very high expectations, since only platings offering Penetration in game pairs with burn, burn being near useless on Toulan (yet is a type of resistance on Baraka, for which i cannot wrap my head around), So it does becomes awkward to plate for a "everyday" activity on Toulan.

Ideally, i would like to rid of all my plates sets, and stay with one main set of armor/plates, even if it does not offer "super" protection, at least is thought as fit.

For this i do hope others can comment on this?
Offer your opinions, and what you think would be best to fit Toulan creatures?

E~

Last edited:

Synial

Bad news first: I don't think there is a single mob on Toulan that is worthy of dropping armor decent enough to kill the big stuff unless it's dropping from Duhol Queen or Thawr Queen. Not sure if that is something that will drive much interest considering how much limited gear consumption would be needed to acquire this by 99.999% of the population.

I was looking at the other mobs and did get a cute idea that I'll put out there just for fun though (this is a for-fun, but is balanced appropriately I think 😝)

Armor: 20 pen 12 stab 12 cut 3500 durability - Good for Jeef Zajer and big Khaffash with 5b plates or whatever.

How to obtain:

A cave is found underneath the dam or one of the waterfalls on Toulan. This cave has the entrance to an instance in it.

Inside this cave you find an altar with lore connection to Jeef origins.

To interact with the altar you must have a nawacore 3.

Nawa stains cover the altar and empty nawa vials can be found leaning on the base.

Interacting with the altar opens an item drop box asking for 10 PED of nawa vial.

A 4-stage wave event begins after sacrificing the nawa. The first three waves are gen 6, 7, then 8. There should be a lot of zajer.

On the fourth wave a boss spawns. The boss drops an "insert lore item here". This item is worth 50 pec (0.50 PED).

Each armor piece is worth 30 PED (variable pending on the mirsal cost deemed necessary) .

You take 5 PED (10x "insert lore item here") and 25 PED of Mirsal Token (or whatever the deficit is from the maximum TT value) to an NPC and exchange for 1 piece of armor of your choice. 7 times for the whole set.

Markup lost in mirsal acquisition and cost of nawa vials per instance make this slightly more expensive than currently existing Calypso options with similar protection values and should generate good activity.

BONUS: Provides a good source of ZAJER HIDE for the ever popular SKULLS TEXTURE 😂

Last edited:

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
I love quite a few things here Lord Synial..

I do know that no mobs out of the biggy thawr/duhol/khaffash be worthy of looting anything of the like.

And i am not too sure about the secret sauce behind designing, balancing things like this either.
Dropping in even more instances, i am not too sure about this, due to the feedback received around cuhofs // yet Lotus instances can now reward looter skills, which again proves we are being listened, and things are moving the right direction, fast.

Tiying to the lore is extremely important, and there are two near to unexplored branches in existing Toulan History : The Mages, and the Towers insides // and Mazir.

Sabad City is a third, give some time rewinding or archeological thingies, so plenty room for crazyness here.

In my selfish opinion, my all time favorite armor is Arcticus.
It is neither uber, nor noobish, extremely versatile, pretty fit for Toulan, strong, blue and glossy.
I already have two parts out of six (i have a problem with helms) so ill be sorted, eventually.
But i am thinking for Toulan and our future generations too :)

The UL version is flirting with 3000 durability.
5193CE2D-1307-490F-AC1A-32FDF04AFDB3.jpeg

Last but not least, i love your option pen/cut/stab with no impact.
Reminds me of Polaris, which is zero impact, but a pretty under rated armor, and actually jeef-proof.

Our only issue is that Thawr is in the way.
At 60 to 80% impact, this would still be aouchy.

So a lot of great ideas, and please keep it all coming <3

E~

Last edited:

Synial

Well, you gave me a lot to work with to make a good example of what is required for armor to drop.

The unlimited version of Arcticus drops from Snow Drake.

The average HP of these creatures across young-stalker is around 3k. Their movement speed is set to the slowest possible setting and they are melee. You can kill them without being hit from ranged, ever, even with a handgun, and can wear EST for 60% crit damage (I can actually kill them walking backwards with a sword without getting hit). 0 Defensive Cost and minimum cost-to-kill. One run of CUHOF 5 is equal to the cost of ~50 snow drakes.

They are also part of a daily mission (ironically kill 50 drakes - as in 1 person doing a daily is worth 1 CUHOF 5 run) on next island with worthwhile rewards and see a lot of traffic. If you track globals/hofs on this mob in correlation to the quantity of arcticus pieces that drop - you can expect what would be a massive amount of cycle/kill count per armor piece.

If Baraka had stat distribution like Arcticus you'd probably have seen 2-3 pieces total. Maybe.

---

As far as instances go.. Instances are really good if you are getting individual loots on each mob (unlike CUHOF). The (solo) lotus instances are indeed individual loot instances, as you mentioned.

Additionally, instances that have a cost to access that is deleted from your account (in theory) allows them to give deterministic progression. Like, I'm not saying this is the case, and I'm actually not familiar with algorithm methodology that is available in CryEngine (lol).. but technically you could appraise a piece of loot at intended market value and then reward it to a person after they had deleted that much ped.

I'm sure they will keep doing some RNG drops for the people that like the RNG thing but personally I hope that deterministic reward design is in the future for at least some items.

Last edited:

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
You have much more knowledge than me, my Lord, haha!
For me, its just doing cuhof, shooting stuffs and crossed fingers 😅

I do know about the drakes yes, and i do understand that it be much harder to get than a baraka, tho the meaning is to balance it all so it doesnt fall into the ridiculous situation of Arkadia armors, for which ULs set still havent be pieced up together 6, 7 or whatever years later ; even tho a once very popular planet.

But Articus was just an exemple of something pretty fit and well dosed in damage values.

However its done, will be done the VS way, and i know its all done very nicely with a lot of thoughts into it.

Though do keep it coming, because i am super biased, and maybe too deep into my lore, and not that clever in-game, so what do I know?… 😅

Loving what i read so far 🥳

Littlestar b-k

VCAT Team Member
My idea for an armor and upgrades. Purely selfish because i only hunt and tend to stay away from instances. :p

Change the current L armors that drop to match Toulan mob dmg types with low protection.

Have a npc called Dire (meaning armor in arabic) that can make that armor UL with rare drops from Toulan mobs.
In the proces of making it UL the stats will get a small boost.

Then have the Dire assistant give upgrade missions for specific dmg types.
for example you have an armor with stab,cut,pen the assistant will give you a choice of stab,cut or pen upgrade.
This can be done again by collecting rare mats or just normal mats or even kill x mobs.

This way you can choose your armor and upgrade it the way you like.
Offcourse they should be a limit to how mutch you can upgrade like a set amount of upgrades.
You could even have an epic long grind to add a stat to the armor like dodge,evade,crit,speed,etc...

This is prob impossible to get past MA but hey this is my suggestion.

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
Wait, what, what, what is that? 👂
Givind a new life to our old-fashioned not-so-used items and available on any mobs?
A long and tedious grind on any existing mobs?
Running around in a UL Sada, Jadid or Bedaya Improved?

Forget about that whole arcticus story.

Dont matter if it takes 3 or 5 years, you have picked my interest 😇

And it dont need to be 50 defense points.
And dont forget the plating!

Top Bottom