Toulan Nawa Energy Cells

FireFist

Shop Owner
We know Energy Cells at least to my knowledge are only used to open the instances. But, I thought it would be great if they had more applications they could be used for. I'm sure someone already thought of this but, I was thinking maybe they could be used in Future Toulan vehicle bp's ie. their power source or laser rifles, maybe a plasma rifle???!!! idk just a thought I just know at the rate we're going the market is becoming saturated in them which made me start thinking of alternative uses. Also, would give more options to those collecting what to do with it etc.

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
That was exactly why we had nawa drops at the Temple in the past. That was used into manufacturing, and in pretty much everything.
A 2014/2015 statement from Mohammed also mentioned nawa powered vehicules, which said a lot.

Now, it has been changed to nawa fragments, to actually give some MU to Toulan new players, and free to play people.

Scenario 01:
Including a BP using a 2500% item will simply lead to one thing: this BP not to be clicked.

Scenario 02:
The nawa being more commonly used, will just make the fragments like this, common.
More demand creating more people to sell theirs cheaper in auction wars, will escalate to more eyes to look upon them, and escalate to dropping the MU in line with a common ressource.

Scenario 03:
Nawa becomes too hot to handle, just like during the sweet glow texture era, and Temple attracts big names and stay shut to any weaker player, making Toulan born and free to play unable to access the Temple anymore.

In my opinion, fragments have been introduced to serve one purpose, and thats absolutely fine. Should enjoy the little things as they are. Besides, Toulan is the only place in EU giving that kind of MU for free.

Edited to add more stuffs.

Hope this helps,
E~

Last edited:

FireFist

Shop Owner
id agree with you to a degree you say 2500% would make the bp not clicked implying it would be to "expensive" but, many ppl atm still spend more to run cuhof via keys over energy yet energy is far cheaper even at the 2500% though its dropping fast. i noticed recently hally put a key for 05 in the AH @ +60 which was the first time i had seen it and the market look up showed thats the avg sale for it yet to run 05 3x times with energy @ 2500% MU will cost you 7.5ped yet ppl will spend 60ped to run 05 this can be done with all of them... to run 01 with key you spend +3 - +4 which is 4-5ped via the key yet @2500% mu energy it costs you 1.5ped to run 01 3x times... so, simply something costing more doesnt necessarily turn ppl away from doing something. and significantly more at that ><.

Some might argue well thats a "free" item yes it is free but, if uve sat at temple for hours some times you'll get roughly 20 fragment>10 shards > 10xkeys with 1000k sweat @ the price of sweat say 1.5ped and if you sweat thats roughly 1.5-2hrs of time so, in say 3.5-4 hrs of time you get 5 ped and thats if you get the sweat urself if u buy the sweat even better because now you get 3.5ped in 2hrs which is we avg that out to sweat thats 1.75ped/hr which if ur a F2P player is a pretty good turn around. but, if ur sweating ur 1k sweat it turns into roughly 1.25ped/hr which depends on ur situation if that good. Now ive tried sitting there waiting for the next respawn to happen for fragments its brutal. and since you cant sweat the kaffash there you can't even kill 2 birds with one stone while ur waiting for the next drop. so, ppl saying 2500% is to much imo hasn't worked out the math on what theyre spending and what the cost of other options are ><
And yes sure sometime you get a big fragment drop but, thats not always so, outliers shouldnt be part of the equation here ><

As far as uber coming to farm fragment drops idk why they would do that personally i havent seen the history of this game but, to farm and camp something thats going to get you roughly 1.75ped/hr doesnt seem to be something an uber would care about? I could be wrong idk I feel there would have to be a lot more going on in Toulan to draw the "uber" crowd.

sry for the long response >< lol

FireFist

Shop Owner
also, when sweat is a big portion of an item that has low tt value it artificially creates a large MU%
for example 20xenergy tt is .42 but, to create those 20 energy you need 2k sweat which if we say sweat is 1.5ped/k which i feel is a fair number you spend 3 ped to get there so, if you sell just for tt+the cost of sweat. which obviously is a loss in the ah cuz of the fee...it would show you 814ish% ? and that is to offer you something at a loss lets say you want say another 1.5ped for the work of getting the 20x energy which above might take you 4ish hrs? thats .30pec/hr then the MU% is now 1171ish% ? see where im going? sure its free but, remember we already pay roughly 1.5-2ped for sweat which is free yet we see a huge MU% and think dang thats to high lol yet on unlimited items like a key @ +3-4 300-400% or +60ped for 05 key which is 6000% isnt bad but, its literally more than 200% more to use than the 2500% item idk thats my thought but, none of this has anything to do with the idea of working something free into bp's...sweat is in bp's thats free, oil is in bps, that can be free, mamoon is in bp's that can be found free, stones same thing... >< idk why it would be an issue to put in a BP its a suggestion...its not a do this or i quit thing lol

Sweat @ 1.5ped/k is 15000%

Last edited:

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
Okay seems to me that it is now a suggestion that now turns into a frustration vents thread.

Weither people are happy to use cells or keys to run Cuhofs is only a matter of preferences, and has absolutely no ties to the suggestion of a BP using cells. So i would consider this statement irrelevant.

What Hally does, and whoever buys his keys, engages only, and only those two persons. If the sale happens, it means that both party are content.
Besides, a Cuhof key is a legacy item, and look pretty cool, so its a nice piece of furniture for any collector.
And naming (and shaming) goes against the forum policy i believe.

To continue, the rig game is as old as i can remember it. And any player of any sort do camp in there.
When i stated big names, i did not mean ubers, but people who have the skills and gear to actually stop other people accessing the Temple.
It happened before, and with enough reasons, it may happen again.

Point is, it is all a matter of preferences, and decisions.
Willing to rise the use of the fragments is fine, but keep in mind that this will also drag more attention, and may, eventually, make it more difficult for unskilled people to access this lowbie MU.

I personally have refilled my cells myself, by shooting for three days at the Temple.
I made about 200 cells and that did cost me a bit more than 30peds in sweat, and made Kinkie very happy.
And i had a hell of a lot of fun!

So i am not against the idea or anything, but only stating my views with should raise a flag, and be careful, as it may only make cells more difficult to access.

Hope it makes sense :S
E~

FireFist

Shop Owner
who said i was shaming him for the price? stating that im shaming someone for that is sad... i was simply pointing out the fact of what it was listed for and the history showed that what he listed it for on avg was correct so, its not like he was trying to overcharge from past sales is all...i dont understand how thats shaming...i never saw higher keys from 01-02 in ah til recently so, my only sample was when he posted recently. but, like i said it was parallel with avg past sales so, its not like the he was trying to rip anyone off or anything it was a fair price comparing it to history sales all i was saying. because at first i was in sticker shock when i saw +60 for 05... because again i trying to understand the idea of why 2500% is bad yet something that costs more isnt... lol

and yes 200cells would be about 30ped in sweat @1.5ped and the tt value of 200 cells is 4.2 ped so, just off that simple equation the sweat which is valued @15000% + the just tt value alone if u were to sell for exactly tt value + the 30ped for the sweat shows you selling for 814% and that is ONLY to get the money you put into making it lol see what i mean? 814% imo seems like a lot but, ur literally only getting ur PED back + tt value thats all ur literally not making anything for the exchange so, @ 814% = you get ur money back all im saying. Im trying to solve emotions with logic which never works... All i see is number but, ppl see big % and assume ppl are make out like bandits :p but, thats not the case all im saying. no one questions the 15000% they just payed for sweat :p

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
I did not point you out as shaming, but naming, why i have put “shaming” into brackets, since its a term that goes together into the policy :)
So rest assured, that was not ill willed, so i am sorry if it came out rude.

Out of the equation, all i see is that 200 cells on auction purchase would be 110peds?
While it was only ~30 peds out of my pocket to make.

The main goals of a hunter is to reduce any kind of tax, in any ways.

That was the only purpose of my statement.
No one called bandits out, i very much respect free to play players, even more so new players.

Now that this whole MU chit chat is cleared out of the way, back onto the topic :)

E~

FireFist

Shop Owner
I did not point you out as shaming, but naming, why i have put “shaming” into brackets, since its a term that goes together into the policy :)
So rest assured, that was not ill willed, so i am sorry if it came out rude.

Out of the equation, all i see is that 200 cells on auction purchase would be 110peds?
While it was only ~30 peds out of my pocket to make.

The main goals of a hunter is to reduce any kind of tax, in any ways.

That was the only purpose of my statement.
No one called bandits out, i very much respect free to play players, even more so new players.

Now that this whole MU chit chat is cleared out of the way, back onto the topic :)

E~
yes it costed you 30ped + the time it took to receive said 400x fragments, lets maybe use a better example if u were to simply buy the fragment + buy sweat so, then its simply no work needed all your doing if flipping. the last week fragments are listed @ 1k% so, ur 400x fragments would've costed you 40ped then you pay 30ped for sweat now your at 70 ped out of pocket + w/e decay is to refine frags>shard>energy which tbh idk that part, now you take the tt value of 200x energy is ~4.2 ped if you were to simply again sell to get your PED back you would sell for 70 ped which is 1666% MU which again will be a loss and if it doesnt sell you lost that large ah fee too since with high MU comes higher deposit (3.65ped) the deposit alone is almost the value of the tt lol ( i lost over 20ped in ah fees alone because of the sentiment) >< yes I agree it can come down from 2500% which last week it was @1777% but, if we compare it to the sentiment of keys used for the instance vs the sentiment of paying way lower for something that appears in the AH as an AHHHHHHH big % number stay away! lol because even seeing them at say the 1666% ppl will still imo feel like wow thats to much. if you ran 100runs of cuhof 01 with keys say the low with keys is the low price i see in ah of +3 that would cost you 400ped. now do the same thing with energy 300x attempts with 2500% energy would cost you 150ped. so, yes it can come down sure and yes it already is but, we already lose a decent chunk just running cuhof but, even at 2500% your saving HUGE lol imo if your a F2P player with the sentiment it is atm its not worth your time id recommend vendoring the fragments and selling the sweat thats my opinion. but, if we opened up the option of say bp's maybe converting would be worth it?

now to the entire point of this suggestion.
I just feel the players trying to F2P are losing ped simply by putting the energy the ah. figured BP's might help them. I just personally see very often new players leaving Toulan period. Even the person that made their facebook nawa energy shop or w/e is gone because it wasn't working out

FireFist

Shop Owner
Also, Nawa Energy Cells just sounds more like an energy source which makes me believe their purpose could be more rather than just a "key" which is what they moved away from idk i try to read into a lot of thing to try and see where things try to shift into future development.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
I'll just say this ... Ant is constantly reviewing Toulan resources and making decisions on how best to give them purpose so that it affects the Toulan economy in a positive way. He also looks for ways to give lower level players, and especially our new players (Toulan Born and Monrian Born) ways to be able to acquire resources that will give them a little MU to help them with their game play.

Development is a long-term endeavor, and everything doesn't happen overnight or even quickly, but I can assure you that Ant and Kendra look at all suggestions and evaluate their potential use in bettering overall experiences, but also whether there is a beneficial purpose.

With nearly 16 yrs experience in this game for all VS Team members (each), it comes with a great deal of knowledge and how things work, but we also like to work with the community for ideas and suggestions because it helps to not only advance our vision for all 3 locations, it gives us inspiration for how we can improve your experiences, while also giving you a surprise or two.

The one thing we don't do is cater to any one level, but work at giving all levels a fair chance. It's important to create a balance so that there's something for everyone, but this is always an ongoing process with constant review. Not always easy, but we give a decent amount of focus to it. We are committed to continuing to make Toulan a viable destination with enhanced experiences.

We appreciate the support the community has given us, and all that we ask is that you give us a bit of patience in return. :thumbsup

FireFist

Shop Owner
im having patience im unsure whats meant here im just suggesting items >< i dont expect anything fast im here for the long haul and i try to anticipate player/customer churn and try to push that up to you guys. what you guys do about it is up to you and MA i just put my insight and try to unravel things that ppl put to much faith in or not enough. >< I've only been here 2.5 months in game so, i mean already theres so, much out there that i cant even touch so, im in no hurry to get more stuff i cant use or see lmfao I try to engage ppl and just help where I can and then if I think of something or someone says something I flow it up the chain...there is far more community involvement from the team ive received over any other team so, its not like im dismissing that at all either >< Kendra, You and Any all have acknowledged my threads and have helped where you can im not sure where where in this it came off that wasnt the point. lol I like Toulan and the team hence why ive been here longer than anywhere else if I didnt like it you wouldnt ever see me here posting anything for anyone lol I've actually talked about how NI team needs to have more of a presence on their own forum with the community like Toulan does. because You, Kendra, and Ant all are involved. I have very little gripe about the team at all...

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Thanks for the response Fire ... my post was not directed at any one person, but rather a general comment to express how the VS Team works and how we appreciate the community's support with what we are trying to do to achieve our goals, so this wasn't anything personal toward any one person, but an overall general message to the community.

We encourage our community members to share their experiences because it's a measure of how things are working, or not working as well as we want them to, and therefore it inspires us to go back to the drawing board to figure stuff out.

I'm glad you are enjoying Toulan, and hope that you continue to do so, and to pass on your experiences. :)

FireFist

Shop Owner
ok yea :D I agree then :p you guys do a great job imho and I look forward to whats coming I can only speculate but, I from what I see/hear what you guys do on Monria I know only more good will come and flow into Toulan. and obviously like how this whole game is designed patience is KEY :p I just wish other PP learned some stuff you guys do for the community. Not just the game... you guys are here Kendra doesnt say much ive seen but, she lets you know she hears you via likes Ant is the same way. for example on NI forum they dont have a system like that you dont know if someone saw ur suggestion or even care unless they comment which isnt often either ><. Community Engagement is a huge part of an online games and you guys are an example of good stuff. obviously everyone isnt perfect and everyone can improve but, you guys at least strive to let everyone know youre there and listening.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Communication is very key for us, as is keeping the community informed of what we can share that will be of benefit. Right from the start when we took over Monria 11/26/15, we made it clear that our primary focus will always be community first, and to make dedicated efforts to advance experiences in whatever way was possible.

However, it was also a goal to make sure that everything we did had purpose and benefited the community overall. We did that with Monria, we are doing that with Toulan, and now we have DSEC-9 ... and, we're still just getting started after 5-1/2+ years as a team. We have learned a lot over the years, and continue to be vigilant in our vision for all 3 locations now.

You can expect a lot more to come ... may not be quick, but you will see the advancements that will benefit the all 3 locations that are now being connected through evolving official storyline to help everyone understand what is going on, so it's also key to follow storyline because what we do with development is actually driven by storyline and it will all make much more sense to you if you follow it.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Ok, perhaps we should leave it at that and let Ant and Kendra review the "suggestions" and make their assessments.

And BTW ... Ant and Kendra respond where they feel a need to, but they are extremely busy with development behind the scenes, especially since we have 3 locations to look after.

You can always contact me if need be as your Community Manager, which is part of why I'm about so much ... either in-game, here at the forum, or on our VS Discord. I eventually get to all three each day. It's part of my responsibility to connect with community and to take care of things that need my attention.

Community is my domain ... Development is Ant and Kendra's domain, but we communicate with each other and they rely on me to keep them informed of what needs addressing, other than what you guys post for them to review in Suggestions/Feedback and Bugs. They definitely pay attention to those sections especially, but are also tuned in to other things going on.

I am going to log into the game now because I have other work to do in the game regarding our June magazine issue ... see you in a bit.

Top Bottom