Treasure Hunting (Suggestion)

CrudStrife

If ever the treasure hunting is to be implement. I suggest item would be from the historic war like broken weapons, house wares, accessories and etc.
Most likely it would be from Qumran's reign and past generation, now that the story is focused in Queen Nara's story and some researchers is already doing their thing in the Toulan creatures. It might be possible that there would be upcoming treasure hunter and research teams for the lost artifacts in Toulan in the next storyline.

PS: I think some of the research would be held by nahar scientist who created the nawa core reactor. idk who it is never mind I will seek who it is :D

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
Nawa Reactor Labs were pre-war entities, so were many, if not all looted items (see Sada armor description: "Armor first put to use centuries ago [...]'' ) ; so you could litterally find anything and everything.

If conducting archeological activities, you would find 600+ years old artifacts, dating from Sinmar's Age, since Qumran was located in Sabad City, and this one has been wiped out and forgotten, even in the writtings (supected to be by today's Jelly Zone).

Also other events, wars, and complete civilisations took place since Qumran age, added to this a tiny wee nuclear anhilation 600 years ago; so landscapes would a very likely been altered in a major way.

Nahar City, Temple, Burj Al-Hawa having been built under Sinmar, with the help of the Mages, making archeological activity pretty impossible to find Qumran Era items, except in caves : only possible places to preserve anything from weathering (Cuhof), underground, or on Elara ; but Safians being emotionally detached, would also very likely not possess anything physycal ~ But the Book of Laws, like it happened in the recent stroryline.

So in résumé, and skipping the boring talks, we already do find centuries old artifacts as for today.
But it would be delicious to find indeed, broken parts of past Ages, recover storyline fragments, and recreating items anew.

Be careful what you are wishing for though : The Mages walked this lands for eons before men, and they may just be waiting for you to find them a way out, to free them from their shackles; and there is now nothing even Nara can do, to undo your not-so-innocent actions.

Some things may just well be left where they are...

~ Greed.
😊

Last edited:

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Eleni, you are such a blessing with your history of Toulan, and it's incredibly important what you bring to the forefront, because I believe it not only inspires, it helps to connect a fragile and perhaps quite fragmented history of events.

Thank you very much for taking the time to share what you know, what your perspective is, as well as the potential for what the future may hold ... or not. Tomorrow is not yet ours to possess, but when it arrives, the possibilities are endless. 💜

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
The difficulty of Toulan's History is that it is mostly untold.
This is also what draws the beauty out of it, makes us discover things in real time, with our own eyes, just like if we were there, and if we look close enough, discover clues to piece things together.

It also leaves a lot of room to implement and add complements, or deviations from the actual timeline, so i think it has been built in a pretty smart way :)

Though your right, there are facts, and the difficulty when adding continuities, is to make sure everything stays bound together.

I love it, and it is pretty exiting though :D

Sorry for the Off-Topic, ill take the door now!

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
Okay so since I couldnt get out, ill try to elaborate this thread in depth.

If I speak as a player, I want all that is descibed above : MOAWR LOOT!

But if I speak as an Insian,
The situation on Toulan has never been so fragile.
We have no Insian Ruler, and the Book of Law is gone, meaning there are no way to write nor keep laws and order on the Planet.
No one ever wondered what will become with this unfamous Book of Life, think disparity!! That doesnt sounds good at all!
We have mutated creatures, hostile tribes, and greed all around us.
The Mages are emprisoned, but still well, and very likely upset since a few centuries; if they get out, we as good as done: That be a wide open door to the Narians.
Narians have been away for too long, and have very likely smelled the defeat of the Safians.
Dsec9 is at our doorstep, closer that we ever can think.

Since we have only one Safian left, no Sultan, no complete Book, and a 3-ways threat, i personally think that digging a devious artifact isnt quite the thing we need at the moment.

I think that our eyes should be up in the skies right now, because something is going to happen, very soon, and it certainly wont be pretty. Weither its extratoulanestrial, or from Dsec, we certainly shouldnt dig our own devious past, and leave the planet alone, just for a little while, to let things settle.

Hope this makes sense.

Now now, can we have more loot?? :D

CrudStrife

Interesting

For me narian items is impossible they are like an entity meeting its end like turning into dust. If something left behind that is really different story. So stepping that aside :D when it come to the writings the best thing it could be found is the stone like broken cuneiform tablets or hieroglyphic writings underground which could led the hidden clues and secrets.

Also if there is a treasure like book of law than have been pass in generation to generation. There might be some other treasure a like, that helps the balance in toulan in the early ages.

PS: I really like the ideas, and enlighten me for some historic value of toulan. Brain storming is really the best in development :)

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Brain storming is really the best in development :)

Couldn't agree with you more, which is why we have (from the beginning) invited our community to give us feedback, as well as ideas and suggestions of what they would like to see, and how they envision development evolving.

Granted, Ant very much has a vision in mind of where he wants to take everything, but he does entertain ideas and suggestions from the community, and he very much appreciates it and would like it to continue.

We implement as much as we can that fits into the scheme of things, and what's doable. We may not be able to implement everything that is suggested, but things that are chosen that have our interest are definitely explored further, and while not everything gets implemented right away, some things may take a bit more time if it's something that fits and we can do.

Thanks to everyone who shares their feedback and suggestions with us, it helps to make your experiences at our locations a bit more elevated, and hopefully more engaging and fun. :)

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
That kind of tablet your after? :p
Entropia 2021-02-16 16.40.20.png

On a more serious note, insian items are a reality, since we already loot them, to the oldest possible version of Nawa technology (see Mirath serie description) ~ So are Narian artifacts (See Nabesh scanner).

But overall, i like the idea alot too, just dislike the copy/pasted setup from Arkadia treasure hunting, but thats in MA hands, i guess :)

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
> Sorry for the Off-Topic, ill take the door now!

I just wanted to say I love your deep thoughts on evoking history from a blurry source. I’m slowly picking up on the lore to better understand the plot points, but eager to learn more about this amazing space on Toulan.
Thank you so much Truman :)
Like i already told you last time, the interests and words like yours are certainly the best reward for all this work thats been done, so thank you for this, it really means a lot :)

CrudStrife

That kind of tablet your after? :p
View attachment 16296

On a more serious note, insian items are a reality, since we already loot them, to the oldest possible version of Nawa technology (see Mirath serie description) ~ So are Narian artifacts (See Nabesh scanner).

Yes that kind of tablet.

The question is what are the artifacts they use before they even harness and master the use of nawa and fed off the reign of narian. What tools they used to survive, which type of artifacts they made or use before the old city of sabad founded. There so many mysteries, also there might be other city hidden under the sands of toulan where early sultan's struggles to fight their lives.

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
Early on in History, Insians were simply enslaved by the Narians.
So they were only using forks and pickaxes, and Narians, magic and Nawa powers.

Marriages between both Insians and Narian gave birth to an half breed, perfect beings: the Safians.

With this came the true shining time of the Insians, with the help of the Sultan, the book of law, and the Oracle, overthrown the Narians and the Mages sided with Qumran.

There were no “tools” involved but immense magical powers from Qumran, the Book, and the Oracle.
Of course the Insians may have had weapons and stuffs, but very unlikely that any of this was Nawa infused. Just iron sticks.

The Narians have then been locked back in another dimension, behind the magical portal: Bab Al-Thalam, the door of darkness.

Peace was settling again for a couple/few generations.
With this came the first real civilisation, and the knowledge of manipulation Nawa through engineering; the Mirath carbines be your reference to what and oldie primitive nawa catalyst looked like.
And we do find those, today, already.

Thus came the following age of Sinmar, with its own demise through greed again, by the Mages, ultimately leading to Sinmars assassination, and an apocalyptic war that cleansed the planet.

The Safians stopped and locked the Mages in each Tower, and then, 600 years later, you are born.

Hope this helps :)

Last edited:
Regarding the treasure hunt, I asked about it a long time on Next Island ... the answer was that the treasure minning was something inherent to Arkadia, and that it could not be used by another PP ...

Hally

Shop Owner
VCAT Team Member
“We do not desire the power of wizard-lords, only strength to defend ourselves.... And behold! in our need chance brings to light the Ring of Power. It is a gift, I say; a gift to the foes of [Mordor]. It is mad not to use it, to use the power of the Enemy against him.

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
“We do not desire the power of wizard-lords, only strength to defend ourselves.... And behold! in our need chance brings to light the Ring of Power. It is a gift, I say; a gift to the foes of [Mordor]. It is mad not to use it, to use the power of the Enemy against him.
We tried that, and we lost, twice already 😅
And the balance is clearly not in our favor as for today 😬

If not for the Safians, we be carving Narian effigies in wood as we speak.

Top Bottom