DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
VS-Qtrly-Sep-2020-FrtCover.png
break-c.png

I am pleased to present our first issue of the Virtualsense Quarterly | September 2020 with a focus on Planet Toulan who became part of our Virtualsense family on August 19th. Anny was not available to work on this issue, so the usual enhanced backgrounds and other embellishments are not present. I am learning a new digital publishing software, so issues going forward will look much different.

There still may be a few more tweaks made, but the PDF file will be replaced if there are any further edits. This issue meets our guidelines with regard to magazine length of between 25-35 pages depending on topics chosen, but there will always be an assortment of information and entertainment.

Here is the link to access the PDF file for viewing and downloading:
  • right click on the link and open in a new tab
  • you can read the magazine in single page mode in your browser -- it looks nicer, or
  • you can download the PDF file and open it up in Acrobat Reader
Virtualsense Quarterly | September 2020

If you download the PDF and want to view it in proper two-page view, do the following:
  • click on View
  • then click on Page Display
  • then choose Two Page View
  • make sure to check mark the following as well
  • --- Show Gaps Between Pages
  • --- Show Cover Page in Two Page View
A huge thanks to Kendra, Shadow, HoneySnaps and CaptDew for their contributions toward making this issue possible, and a big thank you to those who contributed content such as Heidi and Pinthas, and to the Toulan community members for their player profiles.

Ok, I guess I need to thank Ant too for yet another exclusive VIP interview that revealed more of who he is as a developer, and why he's the right person to lead this team into the future. :p

I am NOT thanking the Leprechauns and TabTabs, because they only get into mischief ... no tellin' what they'll do next.
break-c.png

" HAPPY READING "
break-c.png

Attachments

• VS-Qtrly-Sep-2020-Final.pdf
    5.1 MB · Views: 1,003

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
My apologies to Heidi, I forgot to put her name in the banner for her article ... I will do it in the morning and update the PDF link.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Update ... I did some tweaking and then replaced the PDF file in the first post with the most current version of the magazine.

Here are the edits:
  • revised the Index Page Contents
  • --- I couldn't figure out the dot leaders in order to add page numbers so it looked nice
  • --- that is something Anny always did when I finished with content, she would do the Index Page
  • --- she wasn't available to work on this issue of the magazine
  • did a sizeable revision on the Welcome page
  • updated the banner for the Virtualsense Space Travel Associates Program article
  • --- I added Deatz and Priest to the banner
  • updated the banner for Heidi's story "The Calling" article and added her name to the banner
  • --- really enjoyed her story ... she has agreed to do a follow-up story in the Dec issue :thumbsup
I have one more edit to do, but I'll do that later in the day when I am at my big computer, I'm on the laptop right now.

Kendra

Virtualsense Staff
Staff member
Official Moon Shopper
Virtualsense Media Team
Well done on another great issue :)
It was a good read
Congrats to Heidi for a brilliant story I loved it and can't wait for the next one :)
great articles all round :)

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
I did a bit more tweaking and replaced the PDF link in the first post with the most current one.

Here are the edits:
  • index page contents were further adjusted for balance
  • Virtualsense Space Travel Associates Program was updated
  • --- the 3 PED fee during designated travel times applies to the following:
  • --- Monrian/Toulan Born, Monria/Toulan Shop & Apt owners, VIPs with free travel benefit on the Yamato
  • back cover was updated due to a typo

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
I want to personally thank everyone who participated in the creation of this issue of the magazine, especially since we had a much shorter period of time within which to get it published.

I've been doing player profiles since the very first one I did in June 2007 on Auktuma, which you can find in our EU Archives section, and I never tire of doing them. It brings our community members more to life and gives us a look into their virtual lives and what they're up to, but it also reveals just how much they contribute to the community and give back in their own unique ways.

The next issue of the magazine will be published just before Christmas and will have more community member profiles. I would like to do at least two from Toulan and 2 from Monria, and I am already reviewing a potential list of who those individuals might be. I will reach out to them as soon as a decision has been made.

I too really enjoyed Heidi's story, and she has committed to writing a continuation of it in the Dec magazine issue. I'm going to be scouting both communities to see who might be interested in submitting something for the next issue too. I have a few ideas of what kind of content would be cool, so I will be doing a bit of exploring with this. In the meantime, if you have an idea of something that you might want to contribute for Dec's issue, or any issue going forward, send me a PM at the forum. Don't worry about spelling or grammar, you have your own personal Editor in the virtual house. :)

We publish quarterly in March, June, September and December, and it's always at the end of the month.

I think one of the most enjoyable things for me in producing a magazine is the possibilities, and when you have Kendra who creates some of the cool article banners we have (the Leprechaun/TabTab development meeting cracked me UP), it makes it more fun. I also love the interjection of humor that Ant is so well-known for, he's a crazy man at times, but then our whole team is like that, so even though we're really working hard to deliver something special for the community, we're still having fun.

I am immensely grateful for ShadowDragonV ... she's an incredible blessing, not only as Field Photographer for our media projects, but with all she does to help with whatever is needed as it pertains to the community, and then some. She's in the trenches with me a lot with projects and freaks me out at times when she knows what I need before I ask ... her assistance is invaluable. She will be helping to set up the Toulan Information Center as it pertains to Toulan items and blueprints, just like she did for Monria, so please continue to send the Toulan item and blueprint links to her in a chat message in-game because she's already been preparing this project for posting.

With the addition of HoneySnaps and CaptDew to our Virtualsense Media Support Team, it gives us more exploratory options with regard to getting more creative. Their Toulan Sights video for the magazine gave a look into some of the beauty of Toulan. I'm looking forward to working with these two on future magazine issues as well.

Thank you to our player profile community members for responding to questionnaires and photo shoots, and also to Ant for once again agreeing to an interview and giving us more insight into what's in store for both Toulan and Monria.

Also, I will be posting a proper announcement at the forum on the new Virtualsense Space Travel Associates Program prior to the launch of the program on Monday, October 5th.

And on a final note ... there may be a new reveal as it pertains to our media endeavors in the not so distant future.

Top Bottom