West Crater Cultist Event | Feedback

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
First -- thanks to everyone who showed up at our event, it was amazing, and so much fun. :thumbsup

Second -- just in case our MindArk Engineer reads this - THANK YOU - you came through for us with the increased Cultist spawn in the West Crater, and it was insane - loved it - you ROCK. :clap

Third -- congratulations to all of you who got Globals and HoFs, as well as all the prizes that were given out for the spontaneous contests that I told you Anhithe was known for. :p

Fourth -- the winners of the apartments for the hunting and mining part of the event will be announced either late Sunday night, or Monday morning. Once winners have been verified, I will contact them and give out the apartment prizes. We handed out two apartments during the course of the event already, maybe 3. :D

Fifth -- I will be working on an after story on Sunday, and will publish it as soon as finished.

MOST IMPORTANTLY

We would like your feedback on what your experiences were with the event:
  • this was our first go-round with creating something like this
  • we don't have an event zone at the moment, so had to do some improvising
  • was the length of the event too short, too long, perfect
  • was the spawn level too high, or just right
  • we wanted everyone in the West Crater before we announced that mining was open to the whole Moon
  • we anticipated that the increase in spawn level might make it difficult for the miners, so we were prepared
  • did we make it entertaining enough with the spontaneous contests and craziness
  • did you like that a story was connected to the event
  • what would you have done different, if anything
Event planning is a big part of creating activities and keeping our community engaged, so there will be plenty more in the future, and we don't want there to be too much time in between each event. Therefore, it is important for us to hear your feedback on how we could improve what we're doing.

Anything you'd like to share would be appreciated, and thank you for taking the time. :)

sluggo

Official PED Donator, Friend of Lootius
Shop Owner
What would I have done differently? Id have strapped a shock probe straight up Comcast's you know what and DARED them to drop my internet again :::grumble::

I think the event went very well actually, had a lot of fun healing folks at the revive and it was all good.

The time was about right in length, you won't please everyone there. THose who got globals it was perfect, those who didn't it was too short cause they didn't get theirs :D

One thing that may or may not be able to happen, since EU is a 24 hour place, perhaps shift the scheduling a bit as we can to try to catch 'everyone'. Perhaps hold a 'Night Owl' event here and there, or maybe that'd be a breakfast event for someone across the pond? You get the idea.

Slug

sidekick069

VCAT Team Member
I think everything went perfect. About halfway thru the event it became very laggy for me. The time frame was a good choice for people in USA and Europe, other parts of the world had to make it a breakfast thing or a midnight snack thing.
All in all I thought it went off very good.
You can't please everyone all the time. I know changing the time to suit others around the world would be fine with me. I know I stayed up all night with my soc DHI to try and battle for an LA on Caly. Started at 1 am my time and went till 7 am my time. @Pusherman will testify on this he was in it full force with us. lol
Back to the subject, I think everything went fine and keep up the good work.
@Izz Did an excellent job with the music. I am partial to him, he is one of my colonels lol. :clap

Steveyneo

I think it was great. I'm really glad so many people got involved and the general atmosphere among the participants was lively!

Timing was good but I'm biased as I'm in the UK. Definitely worth considering other timeslots to accommodate people from around the globe.

The spawns were just right, I think. The lower level Cultists were manageable and the higher level were challenging but do-able, so it was a good spread.

I was really, REALLY hoping to score something nice but it just goes to show the loot/mining algorithm won't be any kinder to you just because it's an event lol. No hunting global for me and mining was awful during the event, so I was very very pleased to have the opportunity to take down Count Vamp for a 50ped prize. This isn't something you get in other events anywhere else, so it was really a very cool thing to have spontaneous bonus prizes during the event. Sending people scurrying away looking for stuff was pretty cool!

Izz

I had a GREAT time DJing the event and hope everyone enjoyed the tunes!! As far as the event went I couldn't participate as I was busy anwering PM's and spinning records lol BUT it seemed as everyone had a great time!! I hope to DJ more events and parties on Monria as the people are very involved. Great job Ant and DM !! and thanks SK :p lol

E8ty2nd

RedWizardHat.com
Shop Owner
We would like your feedback on what your experiences were with the event:
  • this was our first go-round with creating something like this
  • we don't have an event zone at the moment, so had to do some improvising
  • was the length of the event too short, too long, perfect
  • was the spawn level too high, or just right
  • we wanted everyone in the West Crater before we announced that mining was open to the whole Moon
  • we anticipated that the increase in spawn level might make it difficult for the miners, so were prepared
  • did we make it entertaining enough with the spontaneous contests and craziness
  • did you like that a story was connected to the event
  • what would you have done different, if anything
  1. The event length was perfect.
  2. I feel the spawn lv was appropriate for any level player who wanted to participate in the event, great mix.
  3. The spontaneous prizes (50 PED kill on the Vamp or Big Pumpkin) was very kool. Heck, I didn't even know I won until I was notified of it, LOL...Made my day just to listen to how everything unfolded...way too kool!
  4. The story attached to the event was very unique and interesting. Makes me want to know what's next in the story. Great job DME!
  5. There isn't one thing I can think of doing dif.

The Monria management team has continuously displayed, to the community of Monria, how their positive involvement can boost the growth and popularity of this great place. To ALL other EU management teams of other planets. Pay attention to team Monria, you can learn a thing or three.

Eugenio Anhithe Wilde

Moon Manager
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
  1. The event length was perfect.
  2. I feel the spawn lv was appropriate for any level player who wanted to participate in the event, great mix.
  3. The spontaneous prizes (50 PED kill on the Vamp or Big Pumpkin) was very kool. Heck, I didn't even know I won until I was notified of it, LOL...Made my day just to listen to how everything unfolded...way too kool!
  4. The story attached to the event was very unique and interesting. Makes me want to know what's next in the story. Great job DME!
  5. There isn't one thing I can think of doing dif.
The Monria management team has continuously displayed, to the community of Monria, how their positive involvement can boost the growth and popularity of this great place. To ALL other EU management teams of other planets. Pay attention to team Monria, you can learn a thing or three.

Thanks for the kind words of support!

Eugenio Anhithe Wilde

Moon Manager
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
I had a GREAT time DJing the event and hope everyone enjoyed the tunes!! As far as the event went I couldn't participate as I was busy anwering PM's and spinning records lol BUT it seemed as everyone had a great time!! I hope to DJ more events and parties on Monria as the people are very involved. Great job Ant and DM !! and thanks SK :p lol

Great job on the decks and thanks for turning out. You're a credit to a soc that will always be close to my heart!

Kendra

Virtualsense Staff
Staff member
Official Moon Shopper
Virtualsense Media Team
DM this was a great event and I can't think of anything that would improve it :clap

You obviously put a lot of work into the story and I can wait to find out what happens next:)

I love the way tha spawn increase kicked in at exactly 8 o'clock I've never seen that before so it was a bit of a shock to suddenly be surrounded by a load of red dots brilliant :D

Thanks to DJ IZZ and atlas haven radio for the stream it was perfect for the event :cool:

And of course Ants impromptu madness is always fun

Here's to many more of these events going forward :cheers

Top Bottom