West Crater Cultist Event

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
I plan on living on Monria for a few months so this event may make my stay more comfortable ;). We'll just have to see if the loot is with me on Saturday. I plan on dropping a few probes while slaying the lower level Cultists. At least this hunting event is realistic. Some of those Caly LA events are tough. I wish everyone luck and hope that profits are abundant for all!

Sounds like a nice plan Michael. I'll see if I can channel the luck side of Cthulhu. The dark side is too scary. :D

StarDrifter

Simple, yet Significant
Hey DME & All,

Great to see an active Monrian Community :)
Been watching forum, but unable to post until today...Password reset issues & not getting emails.

Event sounds great, and will be there if I can get online.....had my eye on a Moon Apartment for quite a while :p
Unfortunately may have to travel IRL due to a Sick Relative, so if I don't get there, best of luck to all who attend.

StarDrifter

Acronoid

ehh quick practical question

How do you add a screenshot, since I and most people play on a resolution higher than 1024x786, which is the maximum allowed file size?

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
ehh quick practical question

How do you add a screenshot, since I and most people play on a resolution higher than 1024x786, which is the maximum allowed file size?

I think the forum automatically adjusts that, but I'll have to test that out. Be right back. :)

EDIT:

Did a test here, and I was correct in assuming that the forum automatically resizes the screen shot to fit the posting area. Just click on the screen shot to see the full size.

Balam

Great event for all players from low to high level, there are lower and higher level Cultists that can be hunted for the event. This type of the event shows how much effort Monria team is putting to develop the community!!
I hope good luck to all participants and hope to be there :)

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
When I posted the ones in my thread about the 1st week here it told me must be 1mb or less so I had to crop them down. Strange !!!!

I just changed it when Shade and I were working on the event banner, so it's been reset. :)

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Heads Up -- I just received news that the Cultists are scrambling to protect something. :eek:

I knew if they got wind that we were coming that something like this would happen. We have got to make sure that if they are successful at doing so, that we find whatever it is, because that could be the next clue that I need to continue efforts in solving this incredibly weird, albeit interesting, mystery.

Everybody please be ready for a major battle, because I don't think this is going to be easy. :hitsthefan

sluggo

Official PED Donator, Friend of Lootius
Shop Owner
Any graphic editing program should let you down grade a photo to lower resolution or size. I think even windows pathetic (as in really losers, you can't get ANYthing better than THAT after 20 plus years???) can even resize something. The forum should do it too. For the windows users.

Im going to throw a few things out so we can get them sorted now before the event.

1. Some people are NOT very game / internet etc savvy and screen shots may be an 'issue' for them. Would the Entropia Tracker program, showing their global be acceptable if they screenie the entry there. I believe with that program anyone can check on anyone else and 'verify' their global / hof / etc as long as it's registered which I am pretty sure will happen. I plan on being there with mine running to add to the pool of 'verifiers'

2. On the above, given some people's computers are slower or internet is not uber fast, the game lags at times and when you do HOF/ Global, you freeze up for a few seconds, and by the time the software is ready to 'trigger' the screen capture of your whatever, the swirlies are already gone etc and you don't really capture anything 'nice looking'. If someone gets lagged, how do they 'prove' their global / Hof? ... again the tracker can back this up. I'd really hate to see someone get boinked because of EU lag.

3. that crater it has the BIG ones Lv 25 plus on one side and the little ones L8 ish to maybe 13 on the other right? Just mentioning that as for biggest global, yah the size difference might make a big difference.

4. What I can, people who are hunting / mining, I will be offering to buy some of your loots if you wish to sell. I don't have a huge wad of cash so if you hit a 7k hof, I can't grab it all but otherwise, if you were going to tt stuff, I might be able to offer you 101 or so for it, help you a little bit so I can stock up to help our community out for crafting supplies.

sluggo

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
@ Sluggo - no need to downgrade or resize photos, the forum automatically does a resize to fit the posting area, and then you can click on the photo to see full size. I reset the file size as well and it will handle up to 3.4 mb now. Setting the restricted size (1024 x 768) is just letting the system know not to allow anything larger in the post space. At least that's how I understand it, but if I'm wrong, then Anhithe will let us know.

It all works well though, because I did a test in the Test Forum last night, or this morning, or whenver - my days are blurring together anymore. :p

Starburst

While it is definitely not an event I could have any chance to participate in (I can't kill even one of the lowest level ones), I have to say that this sounds like a great event and I totally love everything on it... starting with the banner and ending with the prizes which are just "OMG"... so good luck to everyone participating and may the best one win! :) I will probably come too, even if just for cheering you up, so if anyone wants a personal healer, just let me know. :p

Hey Daughter of Anarchy...if you get time prior to the event check your PMs today on the forum.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Update -- It has now gotten to the point where my informant is more challenged to get further details on the increased gathering of the Cultists. He says that there are periods of time where several have gathered in groups uttering sounds that are nothing like any language he has ever heard. My first inclination is to consider that they have summoned strength from the dark abyss where Cthulhu's pervasive invasions of sense and sanity invite strange behaviors.

If the Cultists have been empowered with this dark abyss energy resulting in their frenetic activity in the West Crater, then I fear that we have more of a battle on our hands than first imagined. Legend has it that Cthulhu spares no one, so my advice before going into battle today would be to protect yourselves as best you can.

A word of encouragement if I may -- if we survive this battle of darkness, there are rewards to be had. One of the more important aspects of this battle is to recover whatever it is that the Cultists have hidden and are protecting, because this could be a critical key in our ongoing efforts to solve the John Kipling mystery.

I will see you on the front lines.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Is this an Omen?

I just discovered this, and it's a bit creepy given it's on a day when the Cultists are rising up to do battle.

ForumOmen.png

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Unfortunately I won't be able to join you, but I've done what I can to put a dent in their ranks today

That's great SD -- at least the Cultists are getting a taste of the business end of our initiative to thwart their efforts to run rampant upon our community, but also to hide and protect what I'm sure is key evidence that we need to get our hands on in order to advance solving this mysterious course of events.

Thank you for leading the way into what I am sure will be a trying battle. :thumbsup

Top Bottom