Yamato Space Travel | General Discussion

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Please use this thread for posts that don't require a topic thread of their own ... thank you.

Haruto Rat

If I'm going to Monria, is it considered OK to board Yamato and just log off until the next day?
The end of the schedule is 1:30am in my timezone, and I'd rather be sleeping at that time. :)

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
If I'm going to Monria, is it considered OK to board Yamato and just log off until the next day?
The end of the schedule is 1:30am in my timezone, and I'd rather be sleeping at that time. :)

Yes, it's fine. Once we dock the Yamato at Monria at the end of the warp schedule the ship doesn't move until the next warp schedule.

Narberal Gamma

Just to confirm. Are you guys still doing low orbit drops on Calypso on a regular basis? Am new currently on Monria and my plan was to do beginner, use the one way tp to Toulan do begineer and go to Calypso to get a ship

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Just to confirm. Are you guys still doing low orbit drops on Calypso on a regular basis? Am new currently on Monria and my plan was to do beginner, use the one way tp to Toulan do begineer and go to Calypso to get a ship

We are not a regular warp service, we do our Yamato Warp Schedule only on Fridays and Sundays, except when the weekend-long Toulan event is running (which is next weekend), and in that case we do our warps on Thursday and Monday. We do low orbit drops only at Calypso and go directly to the Space Stations at other locations.

Also, there is no one-way TP to Toulan, only one on Monria that goes directly to Calypso, but there is a 7 ped fee.

The Yamato is a Planet Partner-owned Mothership, and when we started our Friday and Sunday warp schedule in Feb 2016, it was mainly for our Monrian Born players to offer them a free space travel benefit to explore the universe, but then we expanded it to Monria estate owners. Then we added a fee paid feature for those who wanted to travel with us and the fee has been 6 peds since then.

After we took over Planet Toulan we extended the free space travel benefit to our Toulan Born and Toulan estate owners, and then we introduced the Toulan Citizenship Mission where when completed, the person will gain the same benefits as a Toulan Born that includes the outfit, being eligible to do any Toulan Born missions, and get the free space travel benefit.

When we release the Larches Green estates at the Mountain of Madness on DSEC9, we will extend the same free space travel benefit to the new estate owners as well.

As a Planet Partner-owned Mothership, we can't run a regular warp service like the others, and ... any fees from paying passengers goes to the pilot on duty at the end of the warp schedule. I can venture to say that about 95% of our passengers are free travel.

Hope all that helps.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member

I'm a bit confused, you don't come across as a new Monrian Born based on your question as to whether or not we still do low orbit drops on a regular basis at Calypso ... did you create a new avatar?

Narberal Gamma

I'm a bit confused, you don't come across as a new Monrian Born based on your question as to whether or not we still do low orbit drops on a regular basis at Calypso ... did you create a new avatar?
Me? No. Im a completely new. Thing is I have quite a lot of experience on mmos & the game has a ton of info available so I've already planned first steps quite well so is understandable you could mistake me from having experience.

You could still say. Why my question? Because from what I've seen besides the game having a lot of info it also has another ton of outdated so wanst quite sure if the instructions were up to date and I know you could get softlocked if stuck on space with no ped

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Me? No. Im a completely new. Thing is I have quite a lot of experience on mmos & the game has a ton of info available so I've already planned first steps quite well so is understandable you could mistake me from having experience.

You could still say. Why my question? Because from what I've seen besides the game having a lot of info it also has another ton of outdated so wanst quite sure if the instructions were up to date and I know you could get softlocked if stuck on space with no ped

Rest assured that anything at our forum relating to our 3 locations is accurate information, but we are also continually updating it as often as possible so that it remains accurate, and why we don't deal with the EU Wiki because so many are doing edits and posting info that isn't correct. So if you have questions, you can search our forum, or ask in a post, or anyone in our Monria and/or Toulan chat channels. :)

Top Bottom