Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
break-c.png

MonriaQuarterly-Dec-2019-CoverPage.png

break-c.png
Anny and I are very pleased to present our launch issue of the new Monria Quarterly magazine. This was truly a labor of love, and as with any major project like this, it had its challenges along the way.

However, we managed to make it through without pulling our hair out ... ok, maybe Anny made it through without pulling her hair out. :nana

There were people we wanted to add in this issue, but time and space made it difficult. I didn't want to just throw a photo in there and not be able to have the room to add the type of substance I wanted to, but these people will be in our next issue. We will have a full three months of production on future issues, so the time thing won't be so much of a hassle as it was with this launch issue. This was our first time doing this together too, so some of it was trial and error.

I think we did ok though. :toast

Here is the link to access the PDF file for viewing and downloading:
  • right click on the link and open in a new tab
  • you can read the magazine in single page mode in your browser -- it looks nicer, or
  • you can download the PDF file and open it up in Acrobat Reader
Monria Quarterly Launch Issue - December 2019

If you download the PDF and want to view it in proper two-page view, do the following:
  • click on View
  • then click on Page Display
  • then choose Two Page View
  • make sure to check mark the following as well
  • --- Show Gaps Between Pages
  • --- Show Cover Page in Two Page View
Thank you for your support while we were eyeball-deep in this project.
break-c.png

" HAPPY READING "
break-c.png

Attachments

• MonriaQuarterly-Final-Rev-5.pdf
    18.6 MB · Views: 1,593
Last edited:

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
UPDATE ... the launch issue of the Monria Quarterly - 2019 has been published in the first post. I have also opened this thread in case anyone wishes to make comments.

Thank you for your support while we hammered our computers into oblivion. :D

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Just as an FYI ... some edits to the magazine will be made as soon as Anny and I can coordinate our time. I discovered a few things that need attention. I'll post again after the edits have been done and a new link added.

Legends

Wow! This is a beautiful and very interesting newsletter (and HUGE lol, omg 58 pages!).

I haven't read the whole thing yet but so far I have really enjoyed the interview with Ant!

Congrats on an excellent publication :thumbsup

PS: I mean it, I used to work as a graphic artist and specializing in pre-press, you guys did some really nice work there :aok

Gredrrik Malgar

Volunteer Mentor
VCAT Co-Founder
VCAT Team Member
Spectacular work guys! loved it all from beginning to end might have been the longest read I've read all the way through in a long time ! :thumbsup:purpleheart:thumbsup

Zimbolou

I just read the magazine cover to cover....and enjoyed every page of it! I loved reading the bio's and the interviews - quite the cast of characters!, and learned much from all the supporting links - shop inventory, interactive map, etc. Its no surprise that Monria is building the best community, both for new and experienced players. Congratulations on the professional, graphically-pleasing and comprehensive HoF of a first issue!

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
I just read the magazine cover to cover....and enjoyed every page of it! I loved reading the bio's and the interviews - quite the cast of characters!, and learned much from all the supporting links - shop inventory, interactive map, etc. Its no surprise that Monria is building the best community, both for new and experienced players. Congratulations on the professional, graphically-pleasing and comprehensive HoF of a first issue!

Hey Zim ... thank you very much for your comments, they are greatly appreciated ... I am already formulating ideas for the next issue in March and will be reaching out to people in the near future.

And as a backatcha ... it's always nice to catch you in Monria chat when you have the time. :)

Zimbolou

May I suggest a couple of possible articles for future issues? Maybe they're related and its one suggestion...anyhow....

1. What is eco? I've been playing for over 2 years now, and I still don't understand it. Does eco matter? If so, what does it really do? What should i consider when choosing gun attachments....I notice they affect the eco rating. But is there a balance between the skill boost and he eco boost? How about enhancers? There are eco ones, accuracy ones, etc. Are they worth it?

I've asked these questions of a few veteran players, and get different opinions. I'm not suggesting the Monria staff give an official position on this. Maybe some long-time hunters on Monria can share what they think with us?

And ya, I guess it was only 1 suggestion after all. Thanks.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
May I suggest a couple of possible articles for future issues? Maybe they're related and its one suggestion...anyhow....

1. What is eco? I've been playing for over 2 years now, and I still don't understand it. Does eco matter? If so, what does it really do? What should i consider when choosing gun attachments....I notice they affect the eco rating. But is there a balance between the skill boost and he eco boost? How about enhancers? There are eco ones, accuracy ones, etc. Are they worth it?

I've asked these questions of a few veteran players, and get different opinions. I'm not suggesting the Monria staff give an official position on this. Maybe some long-time hunters on Monria can share what they think with us?

And ya, I guess it was only 1 suggestion after all. Thanks.

Hey Zim ... that's a viable suggestion, and while our magazine issues will be Monria-related (meaning we won't be writing extensively about the whole universe), there are things that are universally related to our game play no matter where we have your experiences.

The plan is to create a Monria Media Support Team and tap into our community's wealth of knowledge about important things that can help all of us in our game play.

Within the next couple of days, I will be creating a Monria Media Support Team thread in an effort to get people from the community to contribute to articles about those universal things that affect us all. It doesn't matter if someone isn't a master writer, we have an in-house editor :D ... the information is what's important, and can be sorted out and presented in an article with full credit to the person for the contribution.

I have a lot of ideas of where I'd like to go with future issues, but suggestions are always welcome. I will also create a "Monria Quarterly Content Suggestions" section for people to add their ideas of what they'd like to see in future issues.

No promise that everything will be picked up based on what will work and not work, but we'd like to hear from the community on what interests them regarding things that are universal to all of us.

Like I said, we just won't be including profiles or extensive content about planets and other locations. We really want to stay Monria-focused except for the universal things.

Thanks again for the suggestion Zim. :)

Zarnia Foxtrot

Volunteer Mentor
Great work. It took me 2 cups of coffee and finishing breakfast to read through it all but it was worth it. lol. It was well written with considerable depth and understanding of the history of Monria from Ant's purchase of Monria onwards. It helps to better understand what has happened in the last 3-4 years behind the scenes. Now I have more of a push to get a Monria apartment! :) Gz on starting the Monria Quarterly.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Great work. I took me 2 cups of coffee and finishing breakfast to read through it all but it was worth it. lol. It was well written with considerable depth and understanding of the history of Monria from Ant's purchase of Monria onwards. It helps to better understand what has happened in the last 3-4 years behind the scenes. Now I have more of a push to get a Monria apartment! :) Gz on starting the Monria Quarterly.

Thanks Zarnia, really appreciate the feedback. :)

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
UPDATE ... Anny and I did some edits to the magazine, and I gave the Monria Moon Shops article a bit of a facelift. As soon as Anny gets the updated PDF to me, I will replace the link in the first post. I will let you know when it's done.

Top Bottom