Toulan Suggestions | General Discussion

Miles Stardust

VCAT Team Member
Ok that's interesting, I was using a DSEC-30 but it was tier 3 so I ran the depth enhancers and used a level 8 finder amp attached. Double bombing and got a really varied mix, I'm around level 45 miner I think 48 prospect and about 38 survey. I did 360 double drops in total and got one Hof (363 Nawa Drops) and one global (66 Aqeeq) and a total of about 95 claims.

I do blanket coverage of an area with full overlap and got some lyst, cald, narc, gold, belkar, zinc, iron, redulite, azur, cave sap, binary, acid root, and Aqeeq, Ghali, Yashib, Sunburst, Nawa, Mamnoon, Maro Youd, Lulu, zircon, Qaz, fairuz and Sham. I think there was a fair bit of crude and melchi too.

This was spread over five days and in lots of different areas.

I also did a few drops with a rookie terramaster, which got the same sort of results but I didn't record them, as it was for the fragments to do the instances.

Handy to compare notes.

Just a comment about depth on Toulan from some one who has been mining here for years - but is admittedly not a miner. I have not used anything deeper that my F-105, occasionally with depth enhancers (tier 3) - and often mine with the Sabad M2 - which is a shallow finder - and the only resource on your list I have never found is Redulite. Pretty much everything local can be found across a large depth range. I sense that going deeper leads to fewer Toulan-specific ores and enmatters, and that depth affects universal resources much more than local one.

Peace, Miles

Morrath

VCAT Team Member
Virtualsense Media Support Team
I would like to see if we could update the graphic for the [Toulan Blueprints]

PRINT SCREEN 2020-10-08 20-40-20.jpg

Gunner

Shop Owner
VCAT Team Member
Ok, here is one of my suggestions/wishes for Toulan:

Please put a daily taming mission on Toulan. This would make VirtualSense's properties (Monria and Toulan) the only two places in the Entropia Universe that have a daily taming mission.

As suggested by Captdew elsewhere in this thread, a tamable Gennie/Djinn/Afreet/etc. would fit in extremely well with the planet's theme. Also, I would suggest that Toulan's theme of Skills as rewards (as opposed to daily token rewards) be maintained for the taming mission as well. I would recommend as a reward that the player gets to choose a skill increase in one of the following: Animal Lore, Animal Taming, or Zoology - as those are the three main skills that affect the Animal Tamer and Pet Handler professions. Alternately, you could also have the Whip skill as a reward, since this affects both the Whipper Hit and Whipper Damage professions - or better yet make an Iron Mission where the Whip Skill is the reward. This would make Toulan the only Planet in the Entropia Universe where a person could go to do a daily taming mission that would actually raise taming-related skills.

Mario

As suggested by Captdew elsewhere in this thread, a tamable Gennie/Djinn/Afreet/etc. would fit in extremely well with the planet's theme. Also, I would suggest that Toulan's theme of Skills as rewards (as opposed to daily token rewards) be maintained for the taming mission as well.
Better yet, instead of just skills, make the reward tradeable skill implants for each skill listed.

OMGsoHot

Hello everyone,
I know I don't have a right to post in here considering I am currently on day three of my, uh, adventure. Literally today is my third day in Entropia Universe but I have the unique perspective of actually starting her as a Toularian. (I learn fast, apparently I was "born" here)

But I do have a suggestion, and maybe this is already known, and something is being done about it. However, the new player experience is abominable, no, atrociously non existing. I mean as an example, in the information hub NPC it literally says and I quote, "New Toulian players will receive a NawaCore MK1 when exiting the start room." And I can say, that was not the case, I did not get one, and in fact it was not until my second day in the game when I received assistance from 2 great people, Halley and Morrath, who gave me some guns and ammo so I could go hunt tabtabs in order to EARN my nawacore as if I were born somewhere else. That needs to be fixed.

I made a post about my horrible first day and second day with help in another post so I wont go into all the details but I new player experience is something I suggest be given some serious consideration. After my first day I was ready to quit, never to return to Entropia Universe. And I am certain I am not the first to experience this. New players quite literally start with nothing. Not even the things we read in the official information npc's dialog. Maybe a structured newbie mission chain. Oh.. and for the love of all that is good, add the explanation mark to ALL NPC's that have a mission available, it is so unbelievably frustrating to have to run up to every npc we see, interact with them and HOPE they have a mission that we CAN complete without any gear what so ever. Maybe a mission chain that gives starting players some of the gear they will need to complete the next mission in the chain? Something. I'd hate to learn how many new players have just left and never returned after having the experience I've had as a brand new player.

Sorry for the honesty,

OMGsoHOT

Littlestar b-k

VCAT Team Member
Hello, good that you are posting this, how else would they ever fix it. We cannot check those missions as we've completed them so it's up to the new players to speak up on that part.

The mission chain normally takes you all over the planet and starts of with giving you a pistol and a bit of ammo but that is it. Most follow up quests are not provided for in ammo,guns,mining equipment, etc... just fyi incase you are expacting different.

Toulan is under new managment recently and they have done some neet stuff allrdy and things are looking brighter then they have in years. Toulan has been plaqued by missing stuff for years and stuff seems to break on every server maintenance/reset/patch but only by reporting them to the now active team of great people will we see changes.

So my advice, try to enjoy the core of the game , witch does not need a beginner mission and be a part of rebuilding the planet for the better.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Hello everyone,
I know I don't have a right to post in here considering I am currently on day three of my, uh, adventure. Literally today is my third day in Entropia Universe but I have the unique perspective of actually starting her as a Toularian. (I learn fast, apparently I was "born" here)

But I do have a suggestion, and maybe this is already known, and something is being done about it. However, the new player experience is abominable, no, atrociously non existing. I mean as an example, in the information hub NPC it literally says and I quote, "New Toulian players will receive a NawaCore MK1 when exiting the start room." And I can say, that was not the case, I did not get one, and in fact it was not until my second day in the game when I received assistance from 2 great people, Halley and Morrath, who gave me some guns and ammo so I could go hunt tabtabs in order to EARN my nawacore as if I were born somewhere else. That needs to be fixed.

I made a post about my horrible first day and second day with help in another post so I wont go into all the details but I new player experience is something I suggest be given some serious consideration. After my first day I was ready to quit, never to return to Entropia Universe. And I am certain I am not the first to experience this. New players quite literally start with nothing. Not even the things we read in the official information npc's dialog. Maybe a structured newbie mission chain. Oh.. and for the love of all that is good, add the explanation mark to ALL NPC's that have a mission available, it is so unbelievably frustrating to have to run up to every npc we see, interact with them and HOPE they have a mission that we CAN complete without any gear what so ever. Maybe a mission chain that gives starting players some of the gear they will need to complete the next mission in the chain? Something. I'd hate to learn how many new players have just left and never returned after having the experience I've had as a brand new player.

Sorry for the honesty,

OMGsoHOT

I already responded to your other post, but wanted to respond to this one as well.

First, we want our community members to be honest, because we take reported bugs and/or all feedback seriously, and we address it as soon as possible. Again, anyone within the community will tell you that we absolutely listen to our community members. Over the years we have implemented quite a few things from suggestions, and the community appreciates that we pay attention.

Second, I know you're brand new, so I'll give the benefit of the doubt that you don't know us yet as a development team, nor what our reputation is as such, and will thank you again for sharing your experiences. It's important for us to know what isn't working so that it gets the attention it should. I can assure you that the new player experience is being addressed and will be sorted as soon as possible.

We are community-focused first and foremost, and we are continually working on elevating experiences with our development, and now that we have Planet Toulan, that means our development will be kicked up a notch for both locations.

For now, try to navigate your universe experiences the best you can. There are many in the community who will help if you ask. Just keep in mind that time zones can be the difference between an active and not-so-active chat channel. I know that Morrath has taken you on as his Disciple, so that should help tremendously.

Another thing ... if no one is answering in the Toulan chat channel, which might be the time of day, then hop over to the Monria chat channel and ask questions there. Our collective communities chat in both the Toulan and Monria channels and help those who need it. To create a Monria chat channel type this in your chat box --> /join #monria <-- and create a new tab.

I hope what I have shared with you will help, and that your experiences will get better. :)

Gunner

Shop Owner
VCAT Team Member
Hello everyone,

Sorry for the honesty,

OMGsoHOT
I know this isn't Toulan specific, but there is a mentor program that exists in-game. If you haven't already gotten one, I highly suggest you get a mentor. Mentors are supposed to be there to help with getting you started, answering questions, and help you cut through some of the frustration of being new to the game. Also, as DME mentioned, the communities are there to help you, and both the Monria and Toulan communities will help if you ask in the chat channels. I am also available to help with questions whenever I am on, so shoot me a friend's request and I'll help out if I can. My Avatar's name is Tomac Gunner Wayman. I am also a mentor if you need one.

Derik LaPierre

As some might know, I play a Space Mage. I almost exclusively use mind force, been doing so almost since that start of my character. I rarely use melee (mainly for HP and carry weight), and I almost never use guns. I know that is a rare play-style/ character build (I have only ever heard of other space mages in the game, but never actually MET one). As a rare niche player, I know that catering to this niche may not always be practical. That being said, I have some suggestions for mind force related content:

• Chip Drops- I don't know what MA will allow/disallow, but we NEED some practical way to acquire MF chips or make them accessible on this side of the Star system. Right now the only practical way to get chips of any kind is to take our PED to Calypso and buy them there. I know that the vast majority of MF chips are limited, and as long as there is appropriate supply to meet demand I'm OK with that (even Caly doesn't do this right IMHO). If you can make it practical for people to acquire a good lineup of chips for basic MF progression here on Toulan, I am certain you will generate lots of space traffic and trade.
  • Repeatable missions with MF skills- Most of the repeatable missions on Toulan are for gun users and melee. This is fantastic for the overwhelming majority of the player base and for new to mid players grinding their gun specialties. For people grinding up MF, there is really nothing for us at all that I can find. Being forced to leave Toulan to develop my character on other planets to get my MF skills up is an unfortunate reality. There are only a few repeatable missions in the game that give MF relevant skills and they are spread all over the place. If Toulan can have repeatable missions that can make it practical to grind all the major categories of MF related skills, Toulan would become a MUST VISIT destination for anyone doing anything mind force. There are repeatable missions that give great Psyche rewards on Monria for endgame, so adding repeatable MF grinding missions on Toulan for early-mid-high level grind would create a nice symbiotic relationship between the two planets, and act as a natural space traffic generating mechanism.
  • Space Mage Armour- I'd really like some character-bound unlimited armour that can have future upgrades similar to the Viceroy set that will make me look like a space mage. Having a choice between a "Jedi" style ascetic and a "Sith Lord" ascetic would be AMAZING (and people would spend stupid amounts of PED collecting both sets.....). Having bonuses that affect mind force abilities would be optional, but greatly appreciated (maybe different bonuses for the two different sets).
  • Space Mage Clothing- The clothing available on Toulan is already pretty close to the ascetic for a space mage, but a few tweaks would be nice, such as a customizable hood or even fancier hat. Some robes/cloaks that better fit over armour would be awesome, like a Dr. Strange cloak. Textures that could customize clothes with animated flowing magical patterns would BLOW PEOPLES MINDS if it is possible to do.

Hally

Shop Owner
VCAT Team Member
I would love:

Toulan mining amps, they can be identical to existing, but please make some available that dosnt requite imported resources.

waheesh texture BP, this specific texture BP never afaik dropped and since we get quite a few skins from the sea smaugs, this could be nice.

Something to spend Mirsal on, some of us stacked a bit, in the hope this will eventually happen, maybe remove the cooldown on the mirsal trader to ?

Any kind of UL item drops.

Jalid armor drops, this particular armor only dropped from event mobs and only once, this must be the rarest item from toulan.

complete armor sets, some armor parts seems not to drop at all anymore ?

Higher lvl L stuff, most if not all items on Toulan is low to mid lvl, maybe something awesome could attract more players

Mindforce, its assumed that MA dosnt allow much PP development of mf, but maybe just acces to something existing ?

More land to explore, this might be to early but toulan must have more land area ?

Shopping, shops, booths, marked stalls, anything where we can peddle our wares.

Something truly unique, amaze us :)

A long journey missions, something thats akin to the horns

Flying carpets, these dont have to fly high, they can even be sand gliders :)

nawacore mk4-7+ this was once hinted ;-)

more use of the nawacore, things to do with it

more tameable pets, free ranging unique spawns maybe ?

more storyline

repeatble quwa 5 missions

better balance of cost for fnf events

rebalancing of certain items, and fixing of odd stuff

All looted resources to have a use on toulan

better spawns for certain mobs, not so mixed in size and dam types

event area update

Say thank you to the whole team for all the hard work, and the tireless efforts to keep things straight and narrow, yet welcomeing

Some if not all has been mentioned before, this is an attempt to centralize the efforts

Gunner

Shop Owner
VCAT Team Member
As some might know, I play a Space Mage. I almost exclusively use mind force, been doing so almost since that start of my character. I rarely use melee (mainly for HP and carry weight), and I almost never use guns. I know that is a rare play-style/ character build (I have only ever heard of other space mages in the game, but never actually MET one). As a rare niche player, I know that catering to this niche may not always be practical. That being said, I have some suggestions for mind force related content:

• Chip Drops- I don't know what MA will allow/disallow, but we NEED some practical way to acquire MF chips or make them accessible on this side of the Star system. Right now the only practical way to get chips of any kind is to take our PED to Calypso and buy them there. I know that the vast majority of MF chips are limited, and as long as there is appropriate supply to meet demand I'm OK with that (even Caly doesn't do this right IMHO). If you can make it practical for people to acquire a good lineup of chips for basic MF progression here on Toulan, I am certain you will generate lots of space traffic and trade.
  • Repeatable missions with MF skills- Most of the repeatable missions on Toulan are for gun users and melee. This is fantastic for the overwhelming majority of the player base and for new to mid players grinding their gun specialties. For people grinding up MF, there is really nothing for us at all that I can find. Being forced to leave Toulan to develop my character on other planets to get my MF skills up is an unfortunate reality. There are only a few repeatable missions in the game that give MF relevant skills and they are spread all over the place. If Toulan can have repeatable missions that can make it practical to grind all the major categories of MF related skills, Toulan would become a MUST VISIT destination for anyone doing anything mind force. There are repeatable missions that give great Psyche rewards on Monria for endgame, so adding repeatable MF grinding missions on Toulan for early-mid-high level grind would create a nice symbiotic relationship between the two planets, and act as a natural space traffic generating mechanism.
  • Space Mage Armour- I'd really like some character-bound unlimited armour that can have future upgrades similar to the Viceroy set that will make me look like a space mage. Having a choice between a "Jedi" style ascetic and a "Sith Lord" ascetic would be AMAZING (and people would spend stupid amounts of PED collecting both sets.....). Having bonuses that affect mind force abilities would be optional, but greatly appreciated (maybe different bonuses for the two different sets).
  • Space Mage Clothing- The clothing available on Toulan is already pretty close to the ascetic for a space mage, but a few tweaks would be nice, such as a customizable hood or even fancier hat. Some robes/cloaks that better fit over armour would be awesome, like a Dr. Strange cloak. Textures that could customize clothes with animated flowing magical patterns would BLOW PEOPLES MINDS if it is possible to do.
I seem to use a similar set up to you. My hunter abilities are almost exclusively Mind Force, although I also use short blades as a backup method of attack if I run out of ammo. It would be very nice indeed to have a daily MF mission (or several). Regarding MF drops, I don't know if MA would allow it, but it would be nice to be able to get the current Mind Force Amplifiers as drops as well. Right now, as far as I know, Caly has the lock on those. If we can't get the same Mind Force Unlimited amps that Caly has, perhaps Toulan could get its own (better) MF amps as mob drops. Maybe something with life steal, or maybe one that reduces the decay on the MF Chip, sort of like the Monrian DSEC Laser Amp v2 (L) with decay absorption feature that is available for laser weapons.

Hally

Shop Owner
VCAT Team Member
More stuff from me :)

I would love:

Mission terminals inside the FNF buildings

amps that fit toulan looted weapons

Ambient "arab" music

Something that looks like Petra (Jordan)

Treasure mining ? finding ancient toulan stuff (not more containers thou)

Events, and it dosnt have to be advanced mob waves, it could literally be anything

Something to do with nawacore parts once we have it, the supply is quite a bit higher then demand

Heidi Stassinopolis

Shop Owner
Volunteer Mentor
VCAT Team Member
More stuff from me :)

I would love:

Mission terminals inside the FNF buildings

amps that fit toulan looted weapons

Ambient "arab" music

Something that looks like Petra (Jordan)

Treasure mining ? finding ancient toulan stuff (not more containers thou)

Events, and it dosnt have to be advanced mob waves, it could literally be anything

Something to do with nawacore parts once we have it, the supply is quite a bit higher then demand

Treasure mining would be a nice touch, specially if there are Toulan styled vases and items that drop

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
I think the fun bits for us as a development team, including storyline, is the element of surprise, and why we have always been known as the "Expect the Unexpected" team. Giving out spoilers is like telling kids what they're getting on Christmas morning when they wake up.

Since we are blending the two cultures in various ways (and it will make sense when it is revealed) is something quite new, we don't want to spoil the discovery, or the uniqueness with how we do it.

The plan has been in place for a while now, and it's just a matter of coordinating the reveal. :)

Hally

Shop Owner
VCAT Team Member
I think the fun bits for us as a development team, including storyline, is the element of surprise, and why we have always been known as the "Expect the Unexpected" team. Giving out spoilers is like telling kids what they're getting on Christmas morning when they wake up.

Since we are blending the two cultures in various ways (and it will make sense when it is revealed) is something quite new, we don't want to spoil the discovery, or the uniqueness with how we do it.

The plan has been in place for a while now, and it's just a matter of coordinating the reveal. :)

I get it, i really do, but reason never really sated my enthusiasm :cool:

Hally

Shop Owner
VCAT Team Member
Kill 100 Bahri (Daily)<0.1 Ped EvadeFares (Pit North) 137184, 92342

cant get this guy to give me the daily, has anything changed, is it bugged or am i ?

Kendra

Virtualsense Staff
Staff member
Official Moon Shopper
Virtualsense Media Team
No changes have been made as afar as I know, I'll take a look.

Top Bottom