Clarification needed on Gold Instances

Synial

Just saw Gold Key Molten discovered by someone without a crown in a team instance - crackers are still not dropping in solo instances and would not be surprised if something is still missing from loot based on instance cycle thus far.

Particularly wondering if it is intended to be able to run team dungeons and bypass the key part grind? Assuming Not.

From the VU Patch Notes:

Lotus Gold Instances (Solo and Team)
  • Lotus Gold Team Master Key is created by refining Golden Key Molten acquired from chests in the Lotus Team Silver Instance.
  • Lotus Armor can be looted from the chests in Lotus Gold Instances
  • Lotus Armor Plates can be looted from the chests in Lotus Gold Instances

Eugenio Anhithe Wilde

Moon Manager
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
Hey Synial,

There are two Gold instances one is Solo and one is Team. Form the Team Gold instance you can refine the Team key from Golden Molten from the Silver Team Instance and the Solo Key can only be refined from the Parts (the ones that Hally discovered).

The main differences between the Team and Solo Instances:
  • The TT of the Key, for example the Gold Solo Master Key is 50 PED TT and the Sold Team Master key is 250 PED TT
  • The Amount of creatures in the Instance, the team instances have around twice the amount of creatures to kill.
Here's the list of keys:

Solo keys:

• Black Solo Key ( 1 PED TT) - Refined from Black Molten
  • Blue Key Solo (2 PED TT) - Refined from Blue Molten
  • Brown Key Solo (3 PED TT) - Refined from Brown Molten
  • Golden Solo Master Key (50 PED TT) - Refined from following Lotus key parts looted with Guardian Loot in any of above solo instances
    • Lotus Bit Key
    • Lotus Bow Key
    • Lotus Collar Key
    • Lotus Head Key
    • Lotus Post Key
    • Lotus Wards Key
Team Keys:
  • Red Team key (10 PED TT) Refined from Red Molten
  • Green Team Key (15 PED TT) Refined from Green Molten from above instance (Red)
  • Silver Team Key (20 PED TT) Refined from Silver Molten from above instance (Green)
  • Gold Team Master Key (250 PED TT) Refined from Golden Molten from the above instance (Silver)
So the only way to get the parts to enter the Solo Instance is to retrieve the Key Parts in the Solo Instance (or buy them). The only way to Enter the Team Golden Instance is to grind through the Team instances to get the golden Molten (or buy them)

The crackers are only available on non instance mobs (so not the CUHOF or Lotus instances).

Thanks
Ant

Synial

Thanks for the information.

So, in approximately 21k cycle generating keys and running the instance I have looted a large amount of Bit Key, Bow Key, Collar Key, Post Key, these individually total 22 ped - meaning the 2 undiscovered parts have a sum of 28 ped.

In this time I have formed 2 team keys (as an individual).

A team of 2 received 22 ped / 250 ped molten from a single box in a single team instance.

This means that as the team size grows with individual farmers the amount of keys generated grows proportionately to be equal to golden keys being assembled several times faster than solo dungeons... and do not need a crown or any prerequisite to enter the instance?

This leaves me under the impression that this armor and plating has even lower drop rate than DSEC pieces (which prior to this VU was the worst in the universe) OR you are about to be the new Cyrene and destroy the armor economy and these will be disabled within a week..

Not sure what to say about either scenario but am curious to see how this unfolds 😰

might be interpreted as hyperbole but I don't think so...

Synial

parts.jpg
solo parts on top, team keys on bottom, for reference

Synial

On the topic of clarification needed for instances... Since you can't form a team and then join the instance and then disband your team like CUHOF (there's a red message: you must have another teammate in range to enter)...

I can't find this information anywhere. How does the loot work with these boxes? Is the loot distributed based on damage dealt? Split evenly? Does the person who used the key get rare items or does the guy doing 5 dps get the same odds of the rare? Does the loot algorithm determine where the rare loot is supposed to go in the case of a 50/50 damage split?

Can you take a group of people and you rotate using keys and each person opens the box in their own instance and gets all the loot? Idk how to do these fairly.

Eugenio Anhithe Wilde

Moon Manager
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
Hey Synial,

I can't go into too much specifics on loot but in the instances with chests the loot is split based on damage/contribution and follows the way instances with chests work in EU and uses the same mechanics. So if a team goes into an instance it will distribute based on their contribution during the instance. One thing to note though is that instances with Chests don't give you the skinning skills which only happens as you loot each mob (like in the Solo instances without chests).

Hally

Shop Owner
VCAT Team Member
Hope we see the ward part soon, its not from lack of trying so far

Hally

Shop Owner
VCAT Team Member
Hey Ant, Lotus Wards Key, hasnt dropped a single time yet, could you maybe make super extra sure that its dropable ? I have now upwards of 40+ of some of the other parts, it seems kinda skewed, maybe add a use for those extra parts ? feels bad to tt stuff like that, same goes for the tinture used for the carpet, i have 6 of those and 1 is needed, but only 30+ of the red fragments where i need 1100 ?

Top Bottom