Color cutting

SInister

During the color cutting mission you have to go around diffusing 5 different bombs by cutting the correct wire, there's like 7 colors to choose from and if you choose the wrong one you explode and have to start the mission over. While I have completed this mission and I do have the correct answers for each node it took me several hours to find it one wire at a time. IMO this is unfair and way too tedious because there are no clues given as to what one of the 7 or so colors to cut and a lot of the people I have talked to have just quit the mission chain because it's too hard. I think it's the general consensus that there should be some kind of clues somewhere as to what colors to cut. Maybe I missed them? If you have this mission I urge you not to quit it because it is part of a chain with a really cool set of clothes and sorry as hard as this mission was I'm not going to post spoilers here.

Mohammed|Beladcom

Beladcom Official
Well, at first we did consider having a Dial 1-800-number that you would call to order a "Toulan Game Genie" along with the "Toulan Official Strategy Guide" for codes to solve the quest =)
but then we realized that in today's age, and wide access of Entropia information resources, players would just place the solution/walkthrough once some figured it out, even here on the forums.

It does indeed make sense to place clues for the correct color sequence, and I think we can place them along the Beginner Experience leading up to this quest.

Thanks SInister for your feedback which adds value to our development, keep it coming.

Miles Stardust

VCAT Team Member
I played with several ideas to find a pattern or system when cutting wires and ended up making close to the maximum attempts on several of them, with every new idea I tried only making things worse :D

Without a TP chip, the final location is very time-consuming to work on, so working out a clue/solution for the last wire could cut down on the frustration factor for the majority of avatars working through the chain.

Cheers,
Miles

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
I dont see any problem in the mission......

Its just like finding the statuettes without the waypoints, its hard, and fun..

Now taking a piece of paper and a pen to tick the results solved my problem, but i agree that its not given to everyone to use those dangerous sharp tools..

No really i had good fun doing them missions, just like all the Toulan missions.
Its Toulan, its how they want the missions to be, and its fun.

Makes a change compared to the run run run point to point boring missions on other planets...

It should stay as it is... its fine..

inkman724

cutting wires

Well this took some time but this is what colors i used hope it helps what a pain lol #1 black -#2 orange - #3 white- #4 black - # 5 red hope this help some one out :rolleyes:

Liu

Well this took some time but this is what colors i used hope it helps what a pain lol #1 black -#2 orange - #3 white- #4 black - # 5 red hope this help some one out :rolleyes:

Well, it doesn't help at all, as nobody knows whoch one is what :D

Anyway, I'm glad I found one on the first attempt. Although it is still very frustrating to get through this quest !

Havn't gone on youtube to spoil myself tho...don't know how long I will last !

But overall, I like the idea of no vehicle and such. It remindsme of Project Entropia, the game I signed for 12 years ago. Thanks. Still. There were no quests back then.

Zerokewl

#1 black [Planet Toulan, 134432, 96411, 275, Waypoint]
#2 orange [Planet Toulan, 134302, 96458, 284, Waypoint]
#3 red [Planet Toulan, 134543, 96414, 275, Waypoint]
#4 black [Planet Toulan, 134284, 96257, 323, Waypoint]
#5 white [Planet Toulan, 134059, 96760, 319, Waypoint]

Gatekeeper

Yamato Pilot
Monria Diplomat
VCAT Team Member
I Updated the waypoints with the name of the wire colors to cut in the names. It helped me out quite a bit as I forget everything. By the time I got to the WP I had forgotten the color and had to tab over to look at it again. So I put it all together. ::) hope it helps.

#1 /wp [Planet Toulan, 134432, 96411, 275, Black Wire]
#2 /wp [Planet Toulan, 134302, 96458, 284, Orange Wire]
#3 /wp [Planet Toulan, 134543, 96414, 275, Red Wire]
#4 /wp [Planet Toulan, 134284, 96257, 323, Black Wire]
#5 /wp [Planet Toulan, 134059, 96760, 250, White Wire]

Top Bottom