Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
break-c.png

CthulhusRevenge.png

break-c.png
Monria and its amazing community, along with invited allies, have fought together over time to keep the evil that tries our patience, at bay. Cthulhu operates from a deep, death-like sleep in the dark abyss. It is said that through his dream state, he is able to make contact with particulary creative, or insane people. It seems that the rational, or mundane of mind are not susceptible to Cthuluhu's influence.

Make no mistake -- there are many within our community who are highly creative, but it seems in reports I'm getting from my undercover operative (Gothgorath), that a specific individual was targeted this time, and influenced to carry on with attempts to try our resolve yet again. However, this time it's different.

The intel is, that a hellish evil will be unleashed on the community, and there will be no consideration, and no mercy. It seems that we will be tested with the unexpected, because Goth was not able to get more info.

I can share at least this much -- the warning is, that the moment of testing our resolve begins at 12:00 EU time on Saturday, July 23rd and is expected to last about 6 hours. We are told that Cthulhu's tactics this time will be to employ the element of surprise.
break-c.png

EVENT DETAILS
break-c.png

DESCRIPTION
  • this is not one of our ordinary events, and does not have the usual rewards structure
  • there is no grinding for Globals or HoFs -- there is no mining for Maladrite or Zoldenite
  • there are no apartments up for grabs -- unless the CFO feels incredibly generous
  • -----> if that's the case, there may be a spontaneous sub-event put into play
  • -----> OR -- she just may feel generous and reward a contributing loyal member of the community
  • there WILL be spontaneous rewards based on -- oh, expect the unexpected for that too
HOW THE EVENT WILL UNFOLD
  • anyone participating in this "Element of Surprise" event should be on Monria prior to 12:00 EU time
  • this is a highly unusual event with unexpected elements that are multi-tiered and unfold over time
  • it is recommended that you be present and ready to participate from the beginning for full benefit
  • -----> this means staying with us throughout the event until the FINALE
  • tune into DJ Rosa on Atlas Haven Radio with Dark Moon Enigma
  • DME will guide the community through this "Element of Surprise" event with narrative and instructions
  • DJ Rosa will spin her usual great tunage with a few selected tracks to enhance event activities
WHAT CAN YOU DO?
  • be on time so that you don't miss anything
  • be prepared for the unexpected because it could happen at any moment
  • have a sense of humor -- highly recommended on the Moon
  • bring your positive energy to infuse into the activities
  • AND --
  • bring your sense of fun because that's a big part of what we want to be known for
IF THIS EVENT GOES AS PLANNED
  • what I DO expect -- is to see a lot of WTFs and LOLs and Holy Shits in Monria Chat
  • you read that right :D
  • at least that's the effect we're going for
break-c.png

You like mysteries? You like surprises? You like the unexpected?
There's only one way to deliver you from your curiosity.

JOIN US IN THIS FIGHT AGAINST HELLISH EVIL

Cthulhu thinks his slight of hand in tapping into a creative mind will do us in --
I say our mortal comprehension of his existence is more than HE expects.
break-c.png

Yog Scraper Event Winners

Joseph Joe Brazil -- Single Highest Global - Yog Scraper 25 PED -- Prize = 500 PED

Mark McCormick McCormick -- Single Lowest Global -- Yog Scraper 10 PED -- Prize = 300 PED

(You can view the extracted data from Entropia Life here.)

break-c.png

Congratulations also to two additional winners !
@Leidolfr Leon Stronghorse -- awarded a Monria apartment

His dedication to supporting our efforts on the Moon are quite admirable, especially with our Monria Space Travel Program. He goes beyond expectation, has incredible patience and demeanor, very helpful, jumps in when needed, and avails himself at the request of the community for repair skilling runs. There's also never a travel schedule where he pilots or is present that there isn't a specially-selected tune. :)

We love and appreciate Leon. :aok

@Necropolice -- awarded a Hero Mask -- donated as a prize by @BloodSmoke

Not quite sure what to say about Necro, except his style of interacting with the Monria community in our chat channel is beyond comprehension at times, but tremendously entertaining. It's almost in riddle-speak, and keeps us on our toes. It's like learning a new foreign language because we find ourselves shaking our heads while trying to comprehend just what he's saying. He's a joy, he's witty, and he's helpful to our community. The Hero Mask was perfect for his personality, and now he thinks he's some type of Superhero. :p

He's out there, but we love and appreciate us some Necro. :D

break-c.png

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
For those who might only look for the grinding events that result in a reward or prize, this won't be for you, even though there will be random prizes given out, and possibly an apartment depending on how generous I feel. :D

However, if you're looking for some crazy-ass fun and something unique, and want to experience what our Moon community is really like, then join us on Saturday for the unexpected, and certainly the element of surprise. :eek:

We have said before that we want to focus more on the community and the fun factor than the RCE, so you can expect more of this to happen on the Moon going forward in addition to our usual big events when we have them.

Superraine raine r456

Lets see........Boom Stick check, defibulator check, random worn out alien head check, survivalist tripping stick ......check.. riot gear...check (pay attention disciple this can save ur life). :eek:Inverse pulsatronic flailing thingy..... check. :shockCurrosive imploding bubble blower ...check. . .lets dooo iittt!!!!

:ninja:paddle

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Sorry I won't be able to attend this event....just brought a new house and we are moving in this weekend (as well as fixing a few things). Sounds like a lot of fun though....make sure you all have a blast!

Congratulations on your new home, and I hope you have a smooth move.

We'll miss you on Saturday, but there will always be others that you can attend.

I'll also have photos, video footage, and an after story, so you'll be able to see what happened.:)

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
This is what you know:
  • you know that there is an event on the Moon on Saturday, July 23rd, beginning at 12:00 EU time
  • you know that Cthulhu tapped into the mind of one of our particularly creative community members
  • you know that the event is out of the ordinary and unique, without the usual rewards structure
  • you know that there is an element of surprise
What you don't know:
  • you don't know how invasive the intrusion was on the targeted creative mind
  • you don't know what hellish evil awaits, nor what our community will be faced with
  • you don't know really what rewards are in play, nor what they will be given for - are you sure there's no structure
  • you don't know jack ca-ca about what will unfold, how it will unfold, nor what kind of an effect it will have
I can add this:
  • being present prior to the start of the event at 12:00 EU time and tuned into AHR w/ DJ Rosa is critical
  • the unfolding of unexpected information on-air with DME will begin immediately
  • there is information that you'll want to hear that is not in this event thread, and will have impact on your activities
Here are some questions for you:
  • how certain are you that others haven't also been affected by the recent mind-control activities
  • how certain are you that you have the ability to adapt in any given moment
  • how certain are you that ... nevermind
I'm off for a meeting with my undercover operative (Gothgorath). Seems there's more information.

sluggo

Official PED Donator, Friend of Lootius
Shop Owner
God dammit, I was just told I am working saturday, starting at 2 am, plan on working 16 hours :/
I am way high up on the overtime list so should be one of the last people called in, but am told, oh but you know the most about what we need done, so you are it. Ok, how the #$#ck do you expect the new people to learn if you never call them in to do stuff?

I seriously need to win the lottery so I can tell them to kiss my (_*_) I'll settle for being the first person to win 10 million ped, I can make that work too :D

sluggo

Kendra

Virtualsense Staff
Staff member
Official Moon Shopper
Virtualsense Media Team
:securityOkay the CFO has gone mad :security

:babycthulhu:babycthulhuI'm nearly afraid to be there on Saturday....What is she up to?:babycthulhu:babycthulhu

I DO EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED !!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I'm with @Zarnia Foxtrot with the frying pan and what ever else I can get

There's no stopping Dark Moon and her even darker side:shock

My advice to the community... Tread carefully and don't trust her... she's up to something:yog sothoth

I know I'll be behind you guys all the way :) ...way behind:hi

Fortunas

I am working the night before this event, but I do plan to be there. Distinctly possible I'll be doing it light on sleep, of course. But then again, that might be just the right state of mind for this event...

Jo Brazil

Like the others, I'm checking my equipment inventory for critical item... like my Quantum shield generator, my re-tasked Borg optical interface unit, and my D*ldo Shooter... A girl can never be too careful, ya know!

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
I can see some of you have already succumbed to the Cthulhu Effects -- :D

As far as state of mind is concerned -- light on sleep is the perfect receptor for the element of surprise. :p

Hovno

Volunteer Mentor
Sigh, looks like I'll miss most or all of this...catch you all on the flipside

RosaRaine Buns

WOOT WOOT , big day is tomorrow , dont know if im excited :clapor scared :shock. Either way i will have my coffee in hand :coffee. Weapons locked and loaded :ninja. A great guest on air with me :interview, and great tunes :djparty

sluggo

Official PED Donator, Friend of Lootius
Shop Owner
I hope everyone has fun, I will miss it. Run around in your underwear for me will ya ...

sluggo

Top Bottom