Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
break-c.png

ElderGodsShrineDynamicEvent.png

break-c.png
First, let me say that after our VU release of the final map section at DSEC-9, the past couple of days have been phenomenal. Over the course of the two days, you were quick to let us know of issues so that we can work on a fix for them, and they have been scheduled for the patch. Just want to give you a heads up that patches usually occur a week after a VU, but that timing isn't always guaranteed ... however, there will be a patch and the issues will be fixed, so please be patient.

On Wednesday evening, MA was asked to disable the dynamic events in the final map section at DSEC-9, and this includes The Shrine of the Elder Gods dynamic event, as well as the dynamic wave events inside the mountain area. Ant wants to take time to investigate what the issues are and make some changes, doing this requires a patch.

Specifically:
  • reduce the requirement needed to achieve the Tier 3 Contribution at 100% in order to gain the Zomorod Crystal
  • --- this crystal is needed to get The Order of the Elder Gods Suit (the onesie with the 20% speed increase buff)
  • --- this will give more players an opportunity to be successful with this dynamic event
  • fix the issue with the Elder Gods Blessing so that the increased skill gain is working properly
  • --- this is to prevent not getting any skill gains at all for an hour
  • fix the issue with the boss mobs not spawning properly, or at all, during the dynamic wave events inside the mountain
There has been a high level of interest in these events, and based on the past 2 days and feedback, it's a very welcomed change in content. Ant wanted to create more of a group engagement element to our content, and by all indications, it seems to have been very well-received. One person even said it reminded him of PE from back in the day. It's someone who was around when the VS Team was around, and when the VS Team members met each other in 2005. So we have a lot of experience as players, and have had our own frustrations here and there, which is why we made it a point to put our focus primarily on community ... this will never change.

We apologize for any inconvenience or anguish these issues have caused, as well as this disruption in the availability of these dynamic events, but we hope to be back in play as soon as possible. In the meantime, there is still plenty to do, and don't forget to give a visit to The Dubliner Pub where you can sit on all the seats inside and out, and toss one or two back while having a good chat. This is what a few of us did at one of the outside tables while we were waiting for the next dynamic Shrine event, and it was totally enjoyable.

We appreciate your support and participation at all 3 of our locations (Monria / DSEC-9 / Toulan), and there will be more to engage in and enjoy with future VUs.

Cheers :toast

Gatekeeper

Yamato Pilot
Monria Diplomat
VCAT Team Member
I am not sure how these things work with patches and VU. Do we have a rough guess of how long they will be down?

GK

sahel

I'm having a blast with this incredible VU! Although it's a bit of a pity for the momentum of popularity right after the release, I think it's a good call to deactivate the Dynamic Events until they can be fixed so they work as intended (and even slightly improved).
Hope it's fixed asap, can't wait to get my hands on (in) the onesie! :)

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
It will be fixed as quickly as possible for sure, I know that the team is working hard on it, and I'd like to see it back in action too because I'm getting PMs in the game that players are bringing their societies to the Mountain of Madness for some fun.

At some point, we'll need to do some scheduled mountain TP runs so everyone has them for when the dynamic events are working again, but also to access other things. Perhaps we can set that up a few times before the patch, whenever that happens. We want to make sure everyone has the TPs, especially the lower level players too so that the interior of the mountain is more easily accessed.

sahel

At some point, we'll need to do some scheduled mountain TP runs so everyone has them for when the dynamic events are working again, but also to access other things. Perhaps we can set that up a few times before the patch, whenever that happens.

That would be a good chance to get everyone prepared, and a nice way to again show your teams involvement with the community. I'm sure many of us that already have the tp's will gladly help out with some tp running!

NoMercy

That would be a good chance to get everyone prepared, and a nice way to again show your teams involvement with the community. I'm sure many of us that already have the tp's will gladly help out with some tp running!

I for one had a blast while the dynamic events had been active and cant wait for them to come back again and would definitly be up for helping with some community TP runs to help the lower lvl players get the MoM teleports as well could be another fun time!

Top Bottom