Hi everyone, EntropiaLife tracker tool.

RJ-Rob

Hi everyone,

I wanted to kindly ask that any Monria/DSEC-9/Toulan residents/born or visiting players to please please download and run the EntropiaLife tracking tool so that globals can get recorded etc on these 3 planets/areas.

It is getting a bit frustrating that all my globals are not getting shown in my EntropiaLife profile and that will be the same for everyone else as well.

I spoke to one of the devs who currently runs the tracker who they taken it over from Starfinder who was friends with me many years ago. And the dev told me that the tool has criteria it must reach in order for it to be counted. So basically for a global to be counted and registered and listed on the website or in players profiles it needs to have been captured by at least 10 players who is running the Client. So basically we need at least 10+ players on any of the VS planets/areas in order for us to get the globals recorded.

Obviously HOF's always get recorded because they are global so they show up on all planets. But globals are limited to the planet you are located on etc.

So I am kindly asking everyone to please please goto this website: Entropia Life | Login and if you do not have an account, to create an account, link it to your in-game avatar and then download and run the client.......

What is more is it has an extra feature too, so it also takes screenshots too when you get a hof/global etc. It is easy to set up too. All you need to do is link the chat.log file from your PC's Documents/entropia universe folder and click the start button and then login to EU and then goto the settings screen and click on the interface tab then make sure the enable main chat logging is TICKED like this below screenshot......
1654220320652.png

Then once that is done, just go and click start again in the EntropiaLife Client and it should work. To set up the screenshots, just edit the save location you want the screenshots to be saved to when you get a hof/global etc.

So thanks everyone for listening.

I hope that enough players can help everyone out so we dont miss our data not being listed and stored on the EL website.

RJ :)

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
Hi Rob,

The way EntropiaLife works required 10+ running trackers on a planet to register globals and such.
This has been discussed for as long as Miles, myself and other long-timers have been living on toulan.

Fact is, recognized or not, some ores are NEVER registered to EntropiaLife whatsoever, even if a HOF, which is seen universe-wide and should be picked up regardless.
Please see here, and IF EVER you can be bothered tracking it on my EL profile, you will see that it has not been registered on EL, though it was a HOF, on the HOF board, which anyone running trackers on Calypso/Arkadia/RT/NI/Cyrene/Thule/Monria/space have been able to see and log at the time.

1st HoF.jpg

There is a disputed problem between EL team and Toulan which has been going on since at least 2015, time i joined the game, for which we stand that EL recognized you at "unknown" location when on toulan (look into the thingy log of the software when home), thus will not record your globals and stuffs despited a certain amount (10+)of people present on the planet.

For some reasons, in some certain situations, it does log.

Please see here for more details from Miles and Alpha, who are much more clever than me about this kind of computer black magic.
Toulan and EntropiaLife

Hope this help understand, and that you read, re-read, and understand what is described above.

It is not only a problem of "how many people running the tracker" on Toulan, but a much deeper problem not recognizing people on Toulan as "in-game".

Hope this helps,
E~

Attachments

• 1st HoF.jpg
    1st HoF.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
Okay i edited my OP to proof it for 10+ people, and hope it “really” makes sense to you now, as a whole.

I really tryied to explain the whole EL issue in baby words, to try make sure it would be easily understood.

If this does not works for you, theres not much else i can do to try and help.

Hope you can eventually solve the everlasting EL problem we have had on Toulan for almost a decade, i am convinced the community would be extremely grateful to you, Robby.

Your efforts are not going un-noticed.

E~

Heidi Stassinopolis

Shop Owner
Volunteer Mentor
VCAT Team Member
Meculus has clearly stated it is 10+ - just saying.

It may be the case but there is definitely a bug as we tried encouraging people to do this last year and even when 10+ people are running the client not all globals get logged, but talking to a soc mate who is doing the Khorum Coast events on Ark like me he has had globals missed even there. I think the guys at EL have a bit of work to do as well as our participation.

Eugenio Anhithe Wilde

Moon Manager
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
Hey guys,

I was chatting to the EL team about the Toulan Specific ores/enmatters not registering and hopefully they'll be able to resolve it for us. I'll let you know if I hear more. I believe they need to be added to the EL database to register so I've sent a list on. It looks like its a combination of amount of clients running the tracker and the specific ores/enmatters are missing from the tracker.

Thanks
Ant

Littlestar b-k

VCAT Team Member
In my first ever ticket to EL the response was you needed only 3 online at the same time. I know it got changed to 5 at some point and now it seems to be 10. Most likely do to changing who operates the program i gues.

Not only mining hof get missed as i have had A 1k plus tabtab once and that also was not tracked.
I have no picture of it to prove it tho as the taking picture option only takes black screens of the window.

All that being said i always have the tracker running.

RJ-Rob

Thanks everyone, I am sorry if I came across wrong with my posts or wording. I just was trying to again bring attention to this so that maybe, just maybe one day this issue finally gets fixed.

Dea

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
The issues with EL accuracy reach farther than Toulan. HOF's from Arkadia and Cyrene have not been recorded. Globals from Calypso and Monria during peak playing hours on the weekends have also magically fallen into a black hole.

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
The issues with EL accuracy reach farther than Toulan. HOF's from Arkadia and Cyrene have not been recorded. Globals from Calypso and Monria during peak playing hours on the weekends have also magically fallen into a black hole.
Yes Dearest.
This is due to the latest (and maybe the first in 7/8 years) update that they decided to do last year.
Tracker was working just fine, for as long as i remember, but then they announced an update, and people simply could not re-install the thing, nor make it work again - I'm one of those.

Having played mostly on Toulan and Cyrene, almost exclusively, i am already missing about 7 years of tracking, so not a big deal in itself.

To put some arguments to back up what i am saying, since i am not one to bark and throw unfounded speculations, we have, this month, about 3565 active users (Read hunters).
This is statistic is your rank against any unique users who have globalled, in the last 30 days.
3665.png

Out of 3565 active Entropia participants in the last 30 days, only 38 players have managed to get the tracker running, as we speak in this lovely morning.
(The number 38 has been achieved by summing 23+0+4+6+4+1)
oopsy.png

This was never seen before, until last year's update.

Now according to my rule of "At least 5 people need to run the thingy" to log stuffs, only Calypso and Arkadia will register global when i be logging this morning.
According to Meculus' rule "We need 10+ people running the thing", only Calyspo is working, and very likely no other planet are going to log a single thing today, nor ever.

38 users out of 3565 is an alarming observation.

I have had this argument with EL supporters ingame too, and i am convinced that EntropiaLife has broken something on last year's update.

Hope this help to understand a bit the problem, and why what is happening, is happening.

E~

RJ-Rob

Yes Dearest.
This is due to the latest (and maybe the first in 7/8 years) update that they decided to do last year.
Tracker was working just fine, for as long as i remember, but then they announced an update, and people simply could not re-install the thing, nor make it work again - I'm one of those.

Having played mostly on Toulan and Cyrene, almost exclusively, i am already missing about 7 years of tracking, so not a big deal in itself.

To put some arguments to back up what i am saying, since i am not one to bark and throw unfounded speculations, we have, this month, about 3565 active users (Read hunters).
This is statistic is your rank against any unique users who have globalled, in the last 30 days.
View attachment 19619

Out of 3565 active Entropia participants in the last 30 days, only 38 players have managed to get the tracker running, as we speak in this lovely morning.
(The number 38 has been achieved by summing 23+0+4+6+4+1)
View attachment 19620

This was never seen before, until last year's update.

Now according to my rule of "At least 5 people need to run the thingy" to log stuffs, only Calypso and Arkadia will register global when i be logging this morning.
According to Meculus' rule "We need 10+ people running the thing", only Calyspo is working, and very likely no other planet are going to log a single thing today, nor ever.

38 users out of 3565 is an alarming observation.

I have had this argument with EL supporters ingame too, and i am convinced that EntropiaLife has broken something on last year's update.

Hope this help to understand a bit the problem, and why what is happening, is happening.

E~

But I got no issues running the program.

So I don't know why you and others are unable to run it since the last update they rolled out. I will try speak to Meculus again and see if he can shed some light on it.

Heidi Stassinopolis

Shop Owner
Volunteer Mentor
VCAT Team Member
So I don't know why you and others are unable to run it since the last update they rolled out.

I had to reinstall it when the update happened and then it worked ok except for the Toulan issues... Maybe it is something to do with windows setup or firewall settings etc etc?? or even version of windows???

Top Bottom