Looking for a Monria shop to buy

Gunner

Shop Owner
VCAT Team Member
Why are they separate here then? A design bug, on purpose or what? If it is a bug, what are the chances of getting it fixed, especially now that there is a custody split?

sluggo
My opinion is that it was (is) a design error, although there may have been some programming reason for it that I am not aware of.

To get everyone on the same page, here is my understanding of how it works:

There is one deed for the shop and one deed for the display area. If you look outside of the shops, you can see there are two estate terminals for each shop; one big one and one small one (usually located further down the wall). By clicking on the estate terminals you can tell which one is for the shop and which one is for the display area.
  • The shop deed gives the owner access to the shop's estate terminal, and thus the shop itself.
  • The display area deed gives access to the Display Area terminal, and thus the display area itself.
Usually these two deeds are included in the deal when a shop is purchased.

In this case, Cthylla Towers Shop 5 was purchased with the agreement that it would not include the Display Area. Romeo agreed to purchase the shop portion only, and Spawn retained the deed to the Display Area. Now that the two deeds are owned by two different people, the only way these two deeds can be reunited is if either a) Romeo buys the display area from Spawn; b) Spawn buys the shop from Romeo; or c) a third party buys the shop and display area deeds from Romeo and Spawn respectively. Of course, this will only work if both Romeo and Spawn agree to one of the above options.

Again I think having two separate deeds was a design flaw, but I doubt that it will ever be addressed by MA. One would assume that MA intended that the Display Area would be controlled by the shop owner and not sold separately. Unfortunately all of the shops in the towers are set up this way, so it has the potential of happening again if it does not get addressed.

I do not know if this is the case with shops on other planets. Perhaps someone who knows about how other planets' shops are set up can give some input on that.

I hope this helps clarify the issue - Gunner

Spawn

To be precise: I made this deal with Romeo because the offer was 8k peds. I was clear what I wanted for my shop in my advert (11K PED). We made this deal because then he could still have the shop.
What I am willing to do if anyone is to buy the shop to actually use it. Is give a free item point from my display where the buyer can advertise his shop, if he/she is willing to provide a sign.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
With all due respect Spawn, I don't think that's an enticing offer either, especially since you already have a sign up there next to your shopkeeper advertising your LA on Calypso listing the mobs and mining resources available.

SpawnShopDisplay-1.png SpawnShopDisplay-2.png

People investing in a business on the Moon are interested in the Monria community and helping to build the economy here, not in sending players off to another location off the Moon, and your sign detracts from the very reason that people want to get involved with Monria. The same premise applies here, it would not be of benefit to the shop owner.

Gunner

Shop Owner
VCAT Team Member
Spawn - I appreciate you coming to the table with your offer, however it still does not solve the basic problem. Every shop on Monria, except Cthylla Towers Shop 5, comes as a complete package with advertising space and the shop. As an investor I would not be interested in purchasing any shop that did not come as a package deal. For that reason I am going to pass on this property and hope that a different shop comes on the market at a later date. Yes, I know it may be a very long time, maybe even years, before a shop becomes available, but I am on Monria for the long haul and I am willing to wait for that opportunity. And there are other risks, such as the possibility of price increases (or decreases for that matter), but that is a normal risk of any investment. As an investor I have to make what I believe is the best investment possible with my money, and this shop does not meet my criteria. I sincerely wish both you and Romeo the best of luck with whatever you two decide to do with the properties.

I want to thank everyone who has contributed to this discussion. It has been very helpful and insightful in my search for a shop. From reading the thread here it appears that some of the participants may have some hard feelings about the discussion. If that is true, please accept my apologies as it was never my intent to upset anyone. I was just looking for a shop to buy, and had no idea my search was going to grow legs and run off on its own. :eek:

Please keep everything in context. Remember for some Entropia is a game; for others it is an investment; and yet for others it is a social aspect of a sense of community and belonging to something greater. For some of us it is all three and so much more. God bless and stay safe everyone.

Romeo

Shop Owner
I had inquired in my original purchase about possibly purchasing the display area later (although I only offered 1 - 2k extra peds); however, it seems as though Spawn had a use for it, which is perfectly fine as it is his deed and thus did not want to sell it. I believe the day we made our trade was the day after they put in some patch that made the display work again as we spoke in our original PMs about it not working due to some MA issue.

I still, would offer to buy it (the display area) for the difference in his original listing: 11,000 PED for Shop & Display (MINUS) the 8,000 PED I already paid for the shop = 3,000 PED. However, as I said above, I do not believe it was for sale once it began working.

Spawn

Well I can agree to that, Romeo. I will even give you a 500 ped discount to meet you halfway. So 2500 peds for the display.

As for DME's sneer.. low blow. I have been a supporter of Monria from the beginning when you were still called Mindstar.
I bought my shop when they became available. So when you speak of people investing in this moon then you also speak about me. My offering a free spot for the owner of the shop is a pure act of kindness.
I have advertised events on other planets in a section of this forum that's specially created for that. You're complaining over a sign for my landarea now? I am not a Monrian, I am an Entropian in this universe called entropia universe. And yes I have an advert for my landarea on Calypso. In my signature you will also find some adverts for my mentoring, and for the Ministry Apartment shop on Calypso. And again also one for my landarea.
On cyreneforum I advertise my Monria shop. I have never had a comment from cyrene's community manager about that.
signature on cyreneforum: OLA43 on Calypso - Visit my display shop on Monria - Visit the Ministry's appartment shop
I also have a complete thread on Planetcalypsoforum , advertising my shop on Monria....

Last edited:

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Well I can agree to that, Romeo. I will even give you a 500 ped discount to meet you halfway. So 2500 peds for the display.

As for DME's sneer.. low blow. I have been a supporter of Monria from the beginning when you were still called Mindstar.
I bought my shop when they became available. So when you speak of people investing in this moon then you also speak about me. My offering a free spot for the owner of the shop is a pure act of kindness.
I have advertised events on other planets in a section of this forum that's specially created for that. You're complaining over a sign for my landarea now? I am not a Monrian, I am an Entropian in this universe called entropia universe. And yes I have an advert for my landarea on Calypso. In my signature you will also find some adverts for my mentoring, and for the Ministry Apartment shop on Calypso. And again also one for my landarea.
On cyreneforum I advertise my Monria shop. I have never had a comment from cyrene's community manager about that.
signature on cyreneforum: OLA43 on Calypso - Visit my display shop on Monria - Visit the Ministry's appartment shop
I also have a complete thread on Planetcalypsoforum , advertising my shop on Monria....

Not meant as a sneer or low blow Spawn, and perhaps I could have worded what I wrote in a better format, so I apologize if it came across as that, and will just say that every post I made in this thread was truly not directed at you personally, but rather supporting the benefit of owning a shop that included the display area, and how it wasn't of benefit to a perspective new owner in not having it, especially with someone else controlling the display area.

With regard to your sign advertising your Calypso land area outside the shop, it just seemed out of place with you not owning the shop anymore, and a bit of a challenge for a potential new shop owner who didn't have the benefit of having the display area to advertise the shop. Giving up a display point for someone to post a sign for their shop didn't seem like a consolation given your shopkeeper and sign at the front door. If you still owned the shop and had the sign in front of the shop entryway, I don't think it would have been brought up because the shop and display area would be yours.

However, posting the sign outside a shop that you no longer own, with there being a potential new shop owner, it seemed that the whole setup would have made it a bit of a challenge for someone to develop a Monria shop business with your shopkeeper and sign at the front door. I posted the photos so people knew what I was talking about, and that's all it was, and not an attempt to be rude or disrespectful -- I'll have to work on my delivery method. :)

I know that you have been supportive of the Monria economy, there's no dispute there whatsoever, and your efforts have been appreciated. After we took over the Moon, I made it easier for the shop owners to bring their inventory list to the Monria community by creating a dedicated forum for each shop owner to advertise. There are also plans to showcase each shop owner at the new Monria media website if I can ever get that finished to launch, so I am definitely in support of what our shop owners provide for our community, and that meant you too Spawn.

With regard to your Calypso land area, I also created a section at the forum for players to advertise events and their land areas, etc., to let the Monrian community know what was available elsewhere. We definitely want to support experiences within the universe, and have many field trips in the pipeline for our new Monrian Born Program. However, beyond the MBP program, there's potential to do group field trips for more advanced players, so you never know where we might turn up, and who we might be supporting elsewhere as a team of Moonies. :D

So, I again apologize if how I presented what I did came across as other than what I intended it to be, and acknowledge that I'll work on my delivery in the future, but also want to say that personally, I wish you every continued success with your Calypso land area, and I used to have fun as MS9 smacking Neconu around, so it might be fun to plan a field trip one of these days with a team of backup firepower because DME is still a newbie. :p

Looks like resolving the shop/display area might also be headed toward something doable. :)

sluggo

Official PED Donator, Friend of Lootius
Shop Owner
Well that is a good start. now that hopefully everyone is in custody of both their shop and shop area deeds where applicable, maybe they can fix it so one deed controls both. Then again I don't see MA giving a rats ass really as it does not bring more ped to them.

Maybe Ant can get some sort of 'official' response from MA, was it intentional or a bug? It could have been a bug and a second estate deed was a quick sloppy fix to it. Not like they never done that before.

sluggo

Eugenio Anhithe Wilde

Moon Manager
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
Hey @sluggo, it was designed originally with separate deeds. It's not something I like tbh and I've raised it, as in my opinion they should be in one deed, I just want to make sure nobody loses out if they sell one of the deeds because its not the owners fault that it was designed this way.

Ant

WangXiang

Bringing along the Moon with me
Shop Owner
Platinum Sponsor
Originally there was only one deed (I was one of the first to own a shop here). But then, because of bugs in Cthylla Tower, MA created two deeds, which is not good.

sluggo

Official PED Donator, Friend of Lootius
Shop Owner
<--- puts away his crystal ball. Umm Hmm yup. Hopefully they fix it as it should have been doine in the first place and don't try to pull one of their money grab stunts and say it will cost you more money to fix it.

Also, thank you for the reply Ant.

sluggo

Top Bottom