Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
break-c.png

YogEvent-CultOfTheSkull-051218.png

break-c.png

Banner Created By ...
Anny Thundergirl & DME - Monria Media Team
break-c.png
When Lee 'Negated' Dokken, Leader of the Esoteric Order of Dagon, announced here that he would not be so available to cause chaos on Monria for a while (are we sad? no), he said he put his associate in charge of "general mischief-making on the moon" -- that would be Immortal Yidhra DreamWitch. She played a role in the previous battle with the Yogs where Negated had claimed another victory due to low global/hof count.

Apparently, Yidhra has taken this 'step in and take charge' role quite seriously, but I don't think Negated is going to appreciate the degree to which she has elevated her mischief-making. Yidhra telepathically sent me a message that a new evil was soon to inhabit Monria (just what we need), and would involve dark magic and witchcraft. I thought only the Cultists had the dark magic grimoire. I have been reading about this grimoire in the ancient journal discovered in the hidden compartment of the file cabinet recovered from the Mining Camp, but have yet to set my eyes upon it.

Before ending the telepathic message, Yidhra said -- Cultus autem Golgotha --- I was clueless until I figured out that the language was Latin and the words meant -- Cult of the Skull. I did a bit more research and discovered that this cult is also known as -- Chesuncook Witch Coven -- a group of antagonistic witches and warlocks who worship the Outer God Shub-Niggurath with a link to Yog-Sothoth since the two are mates.

The Cult of the Skull society has taken up residence on Monria and seemingly primed to make it even more challenging for us to control the Yogs. Leshrac, the cult's Leader, and Lady Demonia, are the cult's purveyors of darkness and magic, and adept at keeping the unwanted suspended between mystery and madness. They are a true life couple who enjoy stirring the cobwebs in the caves --- forgive my wandering mind at this point, but it makes me think of marriage and murder since they have such a desire for evil and darkness.

Who the hell knows what they have up their sleeves, but I am sure it's not going to be pretty. They seem to be a very secretive society and don't allow just any outsiders to join them. Only those who are willing to give up their freedoms and lives are considered for membership in the coven. I noticed that even though Yidhra is a witch, she is not a member of the Cult of the Skull.

If all that isn't enough, I also learned that they hold ceremonies in a subterranean cavern where they practice the cult's dark magic and praise Shub-Niggurath's name. Oh, did I forget to mention that Shub-Niggurath and Yog-Sothoth are Cthulhu's grandparents? :rolleyes

All of this brings back to mind once again the encrypted lettering on the back of the file cabinet recovered from the Mining Camp in January 2016 -- The Moon Shall Rise -- I think we're beginning to see more of this. My secondary thought is -- I wonder how the Esoteric Order of Dagon and the Cult of the Skull will get along. Yidhra DreamWitch seems to be in the middle of it all and perhaps the catalyst for the escalation of evil, but will these two evil factions combine efforts, or try to outdo each other?

My take on this? ... I think we're about to experience some smack talk. :D

Can't wait to see how this Yog battle plays out. :jumpclap
break-c.png

EVENT
DETAILS

break-c.png
BOUNTY STILL OFFERED FOR 1K TOTAL GLOBALS/HOFS COMBINED --> Monria Apartment
  • if a total of 1k globals/hofs combined is achieved within the 12 hr span of the event
  • the person with the most globals/hofs combined will be rewarded with a Monria apartment
  • if more than one person has the same number of total globals/hofs
  • the single highest global/hof will be the winner
  • if there's a highest global/hof draw, then the first recorded time will apply
  • if we don't achieve the 1k globals/hofs goal, this bounty will roll over to May
Here are the previous 12 hr global/hof totals:

Aug 506
Sep 683
Oct 863
Nov 883
Dec 350 --- we were competing against Merry Mayhem

Jan --- no Yog event this month
Feb 671
Mar -- no Yog event this month due to the St Patrick's Day Event
Apr 399 -- we were competing against another major event on Calypso
break-c.png

GUESS THE 12 HR GLOBALS/HOFS TOTAL AND WIN 100 PED
  • post your guess in this thread of what you think the 12 hr combined globals/hofs total will be
  • you only get one guess, and it must be posted prior to the start of the event
  • make sure you check all other guesses so that you don't post the same number
  • check our 12 hr global/hof totals above for the previous months as a reference
  • edited posts will be disqualified, so think carefully before posting
  • the person coming the closest to the actual total at the end of the event wins
  • the 12 hr globals/hofs total will be added to this thread sometime on Sunday
break-c.png

Date | Saturday, May 12th
Time | 12:00 -to- 23:59 Game Time
Location | DSEC Mining Camp

GENERAL EVENT DETAILS
  • make sure to have the Monria chat channel active for instructions and NEXT GLOBAL call-outs
  • please ask questions in Monria chat and refrain from PM'ing DME if at all possible
  • --- the global tracker needs to be monitored and it's easier to respond to questions in Monria chat
  • be considerate of your fellow participants during the event
  • --- this includes not cluttering the TP area with vehicles and/or landing on top of people
  • --- when going back out into the field, please be considerate of where you land and pick up vehicles
  • the 12 Hr Global Prize Giveaway events are Solo Hunting events only
  • random global/hof prizes will be given out during the course of the event
  • winners can pick up their prizes at the DSEC Mining Camp TP when convenient, or at end of event
  • DME will be standing near the NPCs -- please allow her to initiate all trades
break-c.png

EVENT RESULTS
break-c.png

EVENT PRIZES
  • single Highest Yog solo global/hof --- 250 PED --- Magnus Svarog Henriksen
  • First single lowest Yog solo global of the event --- 150 PED --- Deus Skubahta Rui
  • Last single lowest Yog solo global of the event --- 150 PED --- Renato Platinas Gomes
  • DME's Special Global/HoF Prize --- 100 PED --- debud po3blck avizov
  • --- have the first recorded time with a global/hof that has two 9s in it
  • Guess Total Globals/HoFs (guess = 305 / actual total = 292) --- 100 PED --- Deus Skubahta Rui
  • --- Skub's guess was the last post before the start of the event
  • most Shub globals/hofs -- 250 PED --- Angel of Shadows
You can see all of the results in Ant's spread sheet here where individual global/hof totals are included.
break-c.png

CHANGE IN HOW YOU WIN
  • if you get both the lowest and the highest global/hof ... you win the highest
  • if you win the highest, you are not eligible for either the First or Last lowest global prizes
  • the person who wins the First lowest global can also win the Last lowest global
  • if you get the First lowest global, you can continue hunting toward getting the highest
  • Example ... you get a 10 PED Yog global and have the first recorded time
  • --- this means you win the First lowest global prize
  • --- but there's an incentive to continue hunting to see if you can get the highest global/hof
  • --- if you do, then the person who had the lowest Yog global with the time right after yours ...
  • ---------- would win the First lowest global prize
  • Anhithe will extract the data from EntropiaLife after the event and determine the winners
  • the results will be added to the first post in this event thread sometime on Sunday
break-c.png

HERE ARE THE COORDINATES FOR THE INCREASED SPAWNS
(increased spawns will be in the DSEC Mining Camp crater only, but all Yogs count for the event)

[39121, 17942, 75]
Ghirus The Elder -- Level 35 / HP 2400
Yog Broodmother -- Level 28 / HP 1900

[38499, 18904, 74]
Arbitrator The Vermin -- Level 19 / HP 1500
Vacuity of Perforation -- Level 16 / HP 1300
Persecutor of Abyss -- Level 11 / HP 1050

[38149, 17951, 70]
Yog Penetrator -- Level 6 / HP 477
Yog Ransacker -- Level 6 / HP 382

[38436, 17739, 58]
Arbitrator The Vermin -- Level 19 / HP 1500
Vacuity of Perforation -- Level 16 / HP 1300
Persecutor of Abyss -- Level 11 / HP 1050

[39040, 18908, 94]

[39040, 18908, 94]
Yog Dredger -- Level 5 / HP 305
Yog Tunneler -- Level 5 / HP 244
Yog Gougher -- Level 4 / HP 195

[38663, 18711, 33]
Yog Delver -- Level 3 / HP 156
Yog Burrower -- Level 3 / HP 125
Yog Scraper -- Level 3 / HP 100
Yog Scrub -- Level 3 / HP 80

SHUB LOCATION
(only the Shubs in the Mining Camp crater count)

[38058, 18110, 58]
Shub Harridan -- Level 31 / HP 1660
Shub Xanthippe -- Level 33 / HP 1840
Shub Termagant -- Level 35 / HP 1980
Shub Virago -- Level 40 / HP 2500
break-c.png

INSTRUCTIONS TO CAPTURE THE DSEC MINING CAMP & DSEC MILITARY CAMP CRATER TPs
(formerly known as the South and West Craters)
  • from the DSEC Forensics Crater, go SE to the abandoned mine, follow the road
  • --- coordinates of the abandoned mine are --- [38487, 19936, 31]
  • --- be mindful that there are Yogs outside the abandoned mine entrance
  • --- they should be mostly off to the left unless someone aggro'd them
  • --- use the insta-teleporter just inside the abandoned mine
  • --- this will take you to the DSEC Mining Camp crater ... capture the TP and then ...
  • from the DSEC Mining Camp TP follow the road out to the abandoned mine
  • --- coordinates of the abandoned mine are --- [37744, 17987, 110]
  • --- use the insta-teleporter just inside the abandoned mine
  • --- this will take you to the DSEC Military Camp crater ... capture the TP and then ...
  • --- you can take the DSEC Military Camp TP back to the DSEC Mining Camp TP and join the event
break-c.png

See you on Saturday, May 12th, and don't forget to ...
"
Expect the Unexpected "
break-c.png

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
OMG DME!!!!

I love the storyline around this event!!! Awesome :)

For some reason, people don't comment too often about storyline, so thank you very much for that. What some may not realize is that I'm using the mid-month events to introduce new Cthulhu-related characters and factions to expand our Moon theme. Cthulhu's family tree is quite complex, and when I am inspired by those truly interested in taking up a role beyond being an awesome community member, the creative part of my purple matter kicks in and individuals, like yourself, Negated, Leshrac and Lady D will find themselves weaved into the fabric of our official Monria storyline books.

What I appreciate most, is that each of you have collaborated with me so that the role-playing that is done and presented publicly doesn't overlap or interfere with what our official storyline is and where we are evolving the Moon with it. It's key that there is no confusion because Cthulhu lore is difficult enough to follow as it is, which is why I'm introducing it at the pace I am so that it has more of a familiar rather than strange feel to it.

We (Pinthas and I) have an outline and agenda for revealing our official storyline in our books. It's not always easy finding the time to sit and write for hours when there's such a demand on your time. However, I have been working on book 4 that will conclude the Kipling/Core connection, but open up a host of other mysteries that will spawn from this segment of the storyline and involve more members of our community.

Our goal is to gravitate toward more role-playing and drawing in our community members as part of Monria's evolving history. We have plans for where we are taking Monria and it will all make more sense as you see it unfold. Ant is inspired by the storyline, and very much focused on blending storyline and the environment in certain ways, so we will see that unfold as we evolve and new updates are released. It's not a fast process because we aren't about adding content that captures your attention for two minutes and then doesn't have a lasting connection to anything.

It has been mentioned a few times now that Ant is very much about being measured and calculated with regard to implementing development that is highly purposeful. It all has to have meaning and not be fragmented. He and I as a team (him behind the scenes and me more on the front lines) are quite connected and on the same page when it comes to remaining focused on working with the community to deliver the best possible Monria experience. While we don't comment as much on your Suggestions or ideas (something may already be in the works), we do pay close attention to them and latch on to those that have potential in future releases, just like we did with this last release.

Sorry for getting a bit windy there, but when I feel that perhaps the community may not fully understand where we're going with storyline, I will take an open door opportunity to expand a little bit ... ok, maybe a lot this time. :D

BTW ... we love that some of you are presenting your own stories. :aok

Top Bottom