Monria is too clean?

Rex Ormunde

Maybe it's just me, but I find that Monria is way too clean for a horrific world of monsters. Where are all the dead bodies? The blood? The gore? The grime? The damage caused by creatures wanting to consume the flesh/souls of those around these teleport hubs? I feel like the atmosphere of horror and the unknown could be better served with more props. What do you guys think? I think at the very least, the caves could do with some corpses.

Rex Ormunde

True, it would certainly add to the atmosphere.

I don't know if you've ever heard of the place, but there's a virtual world in another program called Doomed Ship. For whatever it lacks, it does not lack in atmosphere. It is a great inspiration of what things like Dead Space, Event Horizon and Doom tried to achieve. While not Cthulhu related, they provide insight into horror itself and really paint a good picture here. A quick google search of Doomed Ship will pull up quite a few images and you'll see what I mean.

There is really a lot I can suggest when it comes to this subject, but as per usual I'll leave the choices of what to do up to the developers of Monria. I'm sure you guys have some plans in the background you can't talk about. :p

mastermesh

an instance like the onimusha game's thing where you go spawn after spawn, deeper in to a hell-like place might be interesting.... sort of like a beacon but darker. As far as the left/right hand path type stuff goes, DC Universe Online has some interesting plots that might be interesting and inspirational if you play as the villian.

Mikass

Development never ceased. The December updated contained some interesting content. Expect a few cool surprises in the upcoming update as well.

Venture Bros

Permanently Banned
Development never ceased. The December updated contained some interesting content. Expect a few cool surprises in the upcoming update as well.

December update for those curious:

Additions
Changes
Fixes
  • NPCs are no longer clones

Nor Alien

Just got to Monria last night for the first time. The music is awesome and the graphics are great!

Yes more dead things lying around would add to the atmosphere!

Even got a nice 10 global on a yog.

More to explore. ;)

Orion

True more dead bodies would make it more horror like, however, as a Lovecraft fan I find the settings perfect. The horror of Lovecraft was not in dead things lying willy nilly about. It was in too clean places, odd angles that led into hidden areas. There were bodies piled high but not where they could have been easily found.

Top Bottom