Retrieve resources for Rais 1 feedback

Truman

Saying all that, there are game mechanics including loot behind all this and I am looking into it but I always am and will never talk about it for the above reasons. I just want everyone to understand my process a little and reassure everyone that I do my best to take everyone's feedback onboard.

On the game crashes, if you could raise support cases, as it's proving difficult for me to recreate but if you raise support cases they can gather more information from logs about the scenarios when it occurs.

Ant

Thanks for the post, I'm new here and love a behind the scenes look at the thought process that goes into all the new content!

I, for one, have no clue how anything works but like to try quests that the fewest possible players are working on. Maybe I'll go try my luck again on the moon soon, but regardless, thanks for the detailed response.

AckerZ

Hey guys, thanks for taking the time to add your feedback here. I'd just like to add my 2 pec into the mix :D

On the loot stuff, we're quiet about these things for a couple of reasons. One reason is that I can't talk about loot and some of the inner dynamics of EU. I also think its not fair if we share anything that may or may not be picked up by all players, some players put a lot of effort into working out their own game play to their advantage and its part of EU as a whole to figure these things out. It's not really fair if I share that the reason you aren't looting a particular part is that you should always be shooting east (not true). So this also extends to DME who as much as she will champion the community and always give me your feedback she is also not allowed to share anything loot related or any inner dynamics of game play. It's also more my area as I build the missions and game play so I just understand it better as I work directly with the platform. This is the reason you may get frustrated with blanket responses, it's really me giving direction that we can't share anything. I also don't want to give any false promises and state we're changing something that may not end up changing. I see that as a little dishonest and not my way, I would rather give players choices and accept that some may choose not to do certain things.

But saying that I do read everything on the forum and we collect a lot of info from Discord, in game chat etc and I check a lot of data points to get as clear a picture as I can. I'd be amazed if there's not plenty of you who have not noticed deliberate changes that are directly related to a post or chat comment. Some of this is really obvious like "an epic mission chain" some a little less obvious...

After we've implemented this stuff, I measure it against qualitative and quantitative data. By this I mean I read all the feedback and I look at all the data points. How many people did this, how many completed this mission, how popular is this mob, how available is this thing. I'll then adjust content going forward based on this feedback and then measure again.

So really long way of saying I am looking into it but I'm always looking at these things, from why have we still not received that figurine, to why has that limited armor part from 5 years ago not been discovered etc. Some of this I'll change because I can, some of this I won't because I can't and some of this I won't change because I believe its not in our collective best interests. But I always read all the info I can and at least make the effort to do something about your feedback.

For the armor upgrade missions there's a few ways you can get parts both in missions and outside of missions for both mining and hunting.

The 'Picking parts for DEC shift' mission allows you to loot things that you wouldn't normally loot whilst the mission is active. We fixed a bug this last VU where players could abandon the mission and restart it meaning you could have the chance to loot these damaged parts all the time by repeating this. It was never the intention for this to happen, it was just a scenario I hadn't considered. So the timer is supposed to be running down whilst logged in or out. You are supposed to be choosing to do your daily shift as you want a chance to loot the parts (or choosing not to because you'd rather loot other things). I think if you were abandoning the mission you may not have noticed this or it was a bug I wasn't aware of. You can then sell your damaged parts, swap them or save them up and hand them in for working parts that you can sell or keep/use etc.

You can also choose to do the Simon's Working Parts Deal where perhaps you feel you would rather mine certain ores/enmatters and hand them in targeting a specific RAM or Flash Drive part that you need or feel is in need. You can choose to do this whilst completing the new mining missions. You could even choose to exchange it for the mining ingredients from a non-miner and keep your own for yourself once you've completed the mission.

You can choose to exchange damaged parts for working parts and simply buy the damaged parts.

You can also choose not to do the missions and acquire the parts in the non mission ways that they can be acquired. The hard drives and armor parts themselves are rare and you could choose to figure out the ways that these can be acquired and target those activities. You can even choose to use what you've learned to target things when others are or aren't doing them based on what you think best benefits you.

On top of this we have added the DEC Emissary mission which is our first crossover mission that is the start of missions that I would like to introduce across the locations (unless nobody does them and then I might re-think it :D). They are designed to make use of certain things on both Toulan and DSEC-9. Different requirements at different stages. So now there's even more choices in the mix, do you complete the cross over missions and the daily picker or only focus on one? What stage are you at and what benefit is there to doing both or is there none. Are you better of not doing the Picker mission while at a particular stage or is that just crazy talk. Is it better to be first to complete the stages or hang back?

Anyway I could go on but these missions are designed to be challenging and what I'm trying to do is to make choices matter. These are quite complex missions that took a lot of effort to design. It would be much easier for me to do fairly standard mission formats but I guess I'm trying to do what I can to make things a little different than what we already have and to create opportunity through scarcity and have choices matter.

Saying all that, there are game mechanics including loot behind all this and I am looking into it but I always am and will never talk about it for the above reasons. I just want everyone to understand my process a little and reassure everyone that I do my best to take everyone's feedback onboard.

On the game crashes, if you could raise support cases, as it's proving difficult for me to recreate but if you raise support cases they can gather more information from logs about the scenarios when it occurs.

Ant

Solid leadership!

Hally

Shop Owner
VCAT Team Member
Hey guys, thanks for taking the time to add your feedback here. I'd just like to add my 2 pec into the mix :D

On the loot stuff, we're quiet about these things for a couple of reasons. One reason is that I can't talk about loot and some of the inner dynamics of EU. I also think its not fair if we share anything that may or may not be picked up by all players, some players put a lot of effort into working out their own game play to their advantage and its part of EU as a whole to figure these things out. It's not really fair if I share that the reason you aren't looting a particular part is that you should always be shooting east (not true). So this also extends to DME who as much as she will champion the community and always give me your feedback she is also not allowed to share anything loot related or any inner dynamics of game play. It's also more my area as I build the missions and game play so I just understand it better as I work directly with the platform. This is the reason you may get frustrated with blanket responses, it's really me giving direction that we can't share anything. I also don't want to give any false promises and state we're changing something that may not end up changing. I see that as a little dishonest and not my way, I would rather give players choices and accept that some may choose not to do certain things.

But saying that I do read everything on the forum and we collect a lot of info from Discord, in game chat etc and I check a lot of data points to get as clear a picture as I can. I'd be amazed if there's not plenty of you who have not noticed deliberate changes that are directly related to a post or chat comment. Some of this is really obvious like "an epic mission chain" some a little less obvious...

After we've implemented this stuff, I measure it against qualitative and quantitative data. By this I mean I read all the feedback and I look at all the data points. How many people did this, how many completed this mission, how popular is this mob, how available is this thing. I'll then adjust content going forward based on this feedback and then measure again.

So really long way of saying I am looking into it but I'm always looking at these things, from why have we still not received that figurine, to why has that limited armor part from 5 years ago not been discovered etc. Some of this I'll change because I can, some of this I won't because I can't and some of this I won't change because I believe its not in our collective best interests. But I always read all the info I can and at least make the effort to do something about your feedback.

For the armor upgrade missions there's a few ways you can get parts both in missions and outside of missions for both mining and hunting.

The 'Picking parts for DEC shift' mission allows you to loot things that you wouldn't normally loot whilst the mission is active. We fixed a bug this last VU where players could abandon the mission and restart it meaning you could have the chance to loot these damaged parts all the time by repeating this. It was never the intention for this to happen, it was just a scenario I hadn't considered. So the timer is supposed to be running down whilst logged in or out. You are supposed to be choosing to do your daily shift as you want a chance to loot the parts (or choosing not to because you'd rather loot other things). I think if you were abandoning the mission you may not have noticed this or it was a bug I wasn't aware of. You can then sell your damaged parts, swap them or save them up and hand them in for working parts that you can sell or keep/use etc.

You can also choose to do the Simon's Working Parts Deal where perhaps you feel you would rather mine certain ores/enmatters and hand them in targeting a specific RAM or Flash Drive part that you need or feel is in need. You can choose to do this whilst completing the new mining missions. You could even choose to exchange it for the mining ingredients from a non-miner and keep your own for yourself once you've completed the mission.

You can choose to exchange damaged parts for working parts and simply buy the damaged parts.

You can also choose not to do the missions and acquire the parts in the non mission ways that they can be acquired. The hard drives and armor parts themselves are rare and you could choose to figure out the ways that these can be acquired and target those activities. You can even choose to use what you've learned to target things when others are or aren't doing them based on what you think best benefits you.

On top of this we have added the DEC Emissary mission which is our first crossover mission that is the start of missions that I would like to introduce across the locations (unless nobody does them and then I might re-think it :D). They are designed to make use of certain things on both Toulan and DSEC-9. Different requirements at different stages. So now there's even more choices in the mix, do you complete the cross over missions and the daily picker or only focus on one? What stage are you at and what benefit is there to doing both or is there none. Are you better of not doing the Picker mission while at a particular stage or is that just crazy talk. Is it better to be first to complete the stages or hang back?

Anyway I could go on but these missions are designed to be challenging and what I'm trying to do is to make choices matter. These are quite complex missions that took a lot of effort to design. It would be much easier for me to do fairly standard mission formats but I guess I'm trying to do what I can to make things a little different than what we already have and to create opportunity through scarcity and have choices matter.

Ant

Thank you for the reply Ant, and please know that any frustration we/i might vent is about the results, and the systems. I apreciate what you are saying, and as i told to anyone who might care to listen, i love the long struggle.
When we go do as the mission asks and for 7 hours straight get 0 parts, we start question if we are doing things right, if the mission is bugged, or if things are colliding. We raise these question, both for our own sake, but also for the sake of things being right, and if not, so that they can be fixed.
Yesterday seems to have rebalanced something, and the results was much better, but the 2-3 days before that, i have had what looked like it would take more than 300 or even up to 900 hours to complete the mission. Which raises the question, is this right ?
I know thers a lot of unknowns in this game and the inner workings, and rightly so.
I am the type of player that takes the word mission litteral and i start a mission and try to complete it, ill try and deduct my own truths where nothing else is offered, does this lead to frustrations, nagging and complaining at times, yes unfortunately so, but it also leads to sense of accomplishment, belonging, sense of community and pride.
So for what its worth keep on the good and hard work, keep listening when we say things of worth, and feel free to ignore anything not deemed just or valid, but know we say it all because we care.
One Love ! Hally

AckerZ

I know its already been mentioned but posting for visibility, tried to leave to Monria with picking mission open - booted out of game, verified files and then was able to relog fine.

*And happened when landed back on Toulan.

Last edited:

Truman

Part Drops Seem OK
1631894927807.png

I think it's more about right mob, right weapon, right time of day, but I think the quest should be doable.

Who knows, maybe I'm just lucky?

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
Okay so i dont know if thats any use to anyone now, but i reach this point of the mission, and its for me the first time hunting them parts.
So i thought i'd share what i saw while hunting.

Obviously, those have nothing to do with cycling, so i went for a standard peashooter, 33 base DPS.
My runs of two hours shift is ~500ped ammo spendings, with very little healing, ~2ped armor decay, and a bit of decay on the rifle, of course.

Run 01: No screenshot
Looted:
10x 4GB ram

Mob: DHR 01 / 03

Run 02:
Entropia 2021-09-26 10.37.28.png

Looted:
36x 4GB ram
10x 8GB ram
8x 2GB drive
37x 1GB drive
5x 32GB ram

Run 03:
Entropia 2021-09-26 21.40.13.png

Looted:
7x 4GB ram
7x 16GB ram
7x 2GB drive
4x 1GB drive
4x 16GB drive

RUN 04:
Entropia 2021-09-27 19.14.09.png

Looted:
4x 4GB ram
6x 8GB ram
5x 2GB drive
8x 1GB drive
10x 16GB ram
1x Dsec thigh guard F

Run 05:
Entropia 2021-09-28 19.00.55.png

Looted:
17x 4GB ram
4x 16GB drive
29x 1GB drive
18x 16GB ram
6x 32GB ram

Mob: DHR 01 / 03 1.30hour + 30min on DHR 04 / 06

Let me know if thats useful.
E~

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
I think logging and sharing stuff like this is helpful Eleni because it shows what each player experiences. It's not the same for everyone, and I believe it's different with the various mob types as well, so it's good to see this report. :thumbsup

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
Please note that a armatrix LR-10 (maxed at lv15 laser sniper) is already 28 card DPS.
My own rifle is 33 card DPS.

This said Lv15 laser can be reach in ~1month relaxed play, or so did most of my disciples; so ya, seeing the progress i made, i think its accessible to all.

I also played around and Z12'd a Dahhar 06, and hunted a dozen without armor.
Of course i have the HPs, but i think it shouldnt be too hard nor expensive to buy a ~150ped Firewall armor, or so.

Given that the ~500ped cycle is affordable for the said person, that is.

WangXiang

Bringing along the Moon with me
Shop Owner
Platinum Sponsor
I have not yet finished the mission 'Retrieve Resources for Rais I' but, according to my experience, the only parts that really count for this mission are 'Damaged Ram 8GB' :

1) 120 Nawa Drops are extremely easy to obtain by mining on Toulan
2) All other parts are looted from the same mobs on DSEC-9 and it just happens that 'Damaged Ram 8GB' is rarer.

Top Bottom