Tincture Drop Rate In Cuhof

AckerZ

I've been running lots of the CUHOF instances hunting for the Tinctures needed in the Salafa Mk3 Blueprint. I am on run 113 in total now and have been making pretty heavy TT losses which would be fine if the tinctures dropped at a somewhat fair rate - which from everyone ive spoke to just does not seem to be the case at all. Is this something that is likely to be fixed in the near future, kind of deflates the excitement around these blueprints if you can't actually make them.

Synial

This is actually the first VU where I've seen an item come to Toulan/DSEC and think the drop rate balance was spot on.

The Salafa series is incredibly relevant and very powerful - deserving of rarity (read: markup). I can't imagine this item was approved with the intent of everyday use.

I'm sure the meta will settle around a subset of players that farm tincture and sell sights during competitions and event periods.

It will require a bankroll and ability to stack resources but these items represent (tens of) thousands of PED through event based earnings and will demand the commensurate markup. Probably incomprehensible for some lower level hunters but each scope could represent a significant amount of markup if there are people documenting how much money you are losing to put them together.

Probably not the answer you are looking for as someone with a blueprint but I doubt this is something getting "fixed". It brings active hunters seeking long-term markup and competitive players looking for more competitive advantage. Really good for a planet having an issue getting on entropialife 👍

FireFist

Shop Owner
I've been running lots of the CUHOF instances hunting for the Tinctures needed in the Salafa Mk3 Blueprint. I am on run 113 in total now and have been making pretty heavy TT losses which would be fine if the tinctures dropped at a somewhat fair rate - which from everyone ive spoke to just does not seem to be the case at all. Is this something that is likely to be fixed in the near future, kind of deflates the excitement around these blueprints if you can't actually make them.
From my understanding instances are set to have a specific TT return and not based on looter. If I was looking for these tinctures id be looking to hunt the mobs around Toulan. Since Its been confirmed Tinctures drop from them now its just a matter of Which drop what. Imo the sooner ppl start hunting the mobs again and stay out of CuHof we can determine which drop what and the crafting can begin :D

AckerZ

From my understanding instances are set to have a specific TT return and not based on looter. If I was looking for these tinctures id be looking to hunt the mobs around Toulan. Since Its been confirmed Tinctures drop from them now its just a matter of Which drop what. Imo the sooner ppl start hunting the mobs again and stay out of CuHof we can determine which drop what and the crafting can begin :D

Hey Firefist and thanks for the input Synial.

Which mobs have been confirmed and by who, haven't actually got any confirmation on this yet?- the belief from everyone Ive spoken to is CUHOF only for these items?

Last edited:

AckerZ

This is actually the first VU where I've seen an item come to Toulan/DSEC and think the drop rate balance was spot on.

The Salafa series is incredibly relevant and very powerful - deserving of rarity (read: markup). I can't imagine this item was approved with the intent of everyday use.

I'm sure the meta will settle around a subset of players that farm tincture and sell sights during competitions and event periods.

It will require a bankroll and ability to stack resources but these items represent (tens of) thousands of PED through event based earnings and will demand the commensurate markup. Probably incomprehensible for some lower level hunters but each scope could represent a significant amount of markup if there are people documenting how much money you are losing to put them together.

Probably not the answer you are looking for as someone with a blueprint but I doubt this is something getting "fixed". It brings active hunters seeking long-term markup and competitive players looking for more competitive advantage. Really good for a planet having an issue getting on entropialife 👍

Honestly agree with most of what you are saying here Synial so thanks for the detailed reply. I think with the volume of instances I've now run and the amount of people I'm working alongside the droprate would have been slightly better than it currently is - at current rates you make a pretty significant TT loss running these instances and considering you'd need around 12 tinctures for my bp to have a good chance at making one sight we are looking at weeks of non stop runs before the game sees a single sight. If this is by design then thats fair enough but just to break even making these a ball park figure would be 500-1000ped per sight at a minimum which isn't what I initially expected for a L sight.

I know I am going to be the sucker willing to run these until I can get the first discovery and have no issues grinding for days-weeks doing the same thing, just hope they see sense and up the drop rate as that would encourage many more players imo. Time will tell.

FireFist

Shop Owner
HSL Kaffash have been confirmed to have them which leads me to believe Duhol, Kaffash, and Thawr are the ones that carry this but, Duhol and Thawr havent been confirmed yet. My conclusion comes from these are the mobs that had maturity increase additions in the VU. But, everyone is in CuHof so, not enough ppl out there hunting these bigger mobs I dont think to draw a better conclusion. But, as of right now HSL Kaffash do drop them. I personally dont know what HSL means but, this is what has been mentioned from Truman. I assume it means High Skill Level

Last edited:

Truman

Sorry, Truman has a hard time keeping up with the forums 😆

I have gotten at least one tincture from the shared loot khaffash around the temple rig — there is a broken tincture bottle clue in that location now. Apologies to be a bit cryptic, I prefer clues 🕵️‍♂️

Truman

@Synial

Amazing post btw, really well thought out. I try not to grind anything in particular, just small tasks here and there. I won’t likely be a great tincture hunter, but I bet others will specialize in that.

Agreed on all your points!

Hally

Shop Owner
VCAT Team Member
what we know about the cuhof is that it includes mob specific loot, including not limited to their "body part" my guess is that the tinture found in cuhof comes from caffash specific drop, i would go hunt the big khaffash in pvp to try and get tintires, that is if i wasnt on dsec trying to help a guy named Rais

Truman

Nice clue, @Hally

I'll try mowing done some young ones
1631191524006.png

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
what we know about the cuhof is that it includes mob specific loot, including not limited to their "body part" my guess is that the tinture found in cuhof comes from caffash specific drop, i would go hunt the big khaffash in pvp to try and get tintires, that is if i wasnt on dsec trying to help a guy named Rais
Waffles has discovered a tincture in cuhof 01, which i think was the MKIII thingy, and looted up to three tinctures in total.
I dont think they are khaffash related regarding cuhof, unless loot distribution adjusts, but time will tell.

Truman

I know some ubers have spent hours grinding HSL Khaffash in PVP without any luck. It’s an interesting puzzle to solve.

Truman

I read caffash as qaffaz for some reason, but it is interesting that cuhof 1 drops the qaffaz loot table, along with tabtab.

I still suspect there’s an intention to have lower level players find the most tinctures 🤔

Littlestar b-k

VCAT Team Member
Hsl is used in event area's to discribe what kind of reward system it is meaning highest single loot.
Maybe just use the actual maturety of a mob when that is what you want to say to avoid confusion with using double terms.

Heidi Stassinopolis

Shop Owner
Volunteer Mentor
VCAT Team Member
I've just had some drop from a Thwar in the pvp area

Littlestar b-k

VCAT Team Member
I think they drop from the 3 new maturetie mobs (the ones in pvp), I don't dare say they'll drop from the other matureties too tho.
Cuhof drops them because they are creature loot i think. I would not expect to loot alot of them in cuhof honestly.
They could also be hidden behind the new crosscontent mission.
Did you complete that Heidi?

Top Bottom