I have completed the beginner mission chain yesterday and am now trying to complete the rest of the Toulan story missions leading to the CUHOF instances, here are a couple notes/remarks of mine... in the hopes it can help the dev team make some adjustments if deemed necessary.
- The "Where's my pants?" mission takes way too much time as a brand new avatar and made me want to quit before another player stepped up and was able to provide me with some free sweat (I can't thank you enough!). I was able to collect some by sweating TabTab Youngs, but collecting 1000 bottles of sweat is close to impossible with so little skills and knowledge of the game. I feel 100 bottles would have been more than enough of a requirement, and I feel the sweating system should be explained more in-depth (the skilling aspect of it and the importance of those skills for new avatars for instance).
- Again, the "Where's my pants?" mission is bugged, you cannot turn-in the 1000 bottles by talking to Nadira. She doesnt offer any text or menu when you click on here. When the "Where's my pants?" mission is active, the only way to turn it in is to log out then back in. Upon logging in the popup is open on the screen without any interaction on my part. If I close the popup, I have to logout then back in again to turn it in. The mission is completable that way, but it feels very unpolished.
- The "The problem of Harban" mission was very confusing. You are given two check points before meeting the guards, they appear on your minimap but not on your HUD, and you have to step exactly on the check point, not a single step aside for it to register. I reached the guards without reaching the check points first as I has no waypoint on my HUD and nothing was happening. It finally "unblocked" after I walked back to the checkpoint but that makes no sense after I already found the guards...
- The "Marah's Sister Rehana" mission was actually pretty cool, I couldn't find the list for the life of me until I realized it was probably on the statue, and it was! I had to climb on the mountain, then jump on the statue and carefully try and land on its knee to loot the list. I like when you have to think a bit outside the box to collect something instead of it just being there on the ground randomly, its neat.
- The "Labiba Makes You Sweat" is making me sweat again...but this time "only" 200 bottles and this time it actually takes me to a waypoint with TabTab Youngs which are actually solo sweatable for a new avatar with no armor. It is slow, but I managed to get those 200 bottles in a little over an hour, and that is with 0 evader or other defense skills so it can only get better. Again, I just wish the whole sweating thing was explained in more detail or made easier since devs like to make us sweat so much...
I will be blunt the whole chain feel very unpolished, but at the same time the amount of different items I'm finding and uses I'm finding for them is mesmerizing, and I fully intend on completing the Toulan chain and keep exploring what it has to offer. I hope my comments are helpful even if not all 100% positive.