Toulan Suggestions | General Discussion

Heidi Stassinopolis

Shop Owner
Volunteer Mentor
VCAT Team Member
would it also be possible to convert [Metal Residue] into [Shrapnel
There are usually orders on Caly AH for metal res at over 101% and if you really want shrap then a lot of people sell it for 100.5% so I think this is the way to do this already

Jalia

In Nahar City, the Corbite Trading Company teleporter is quite a way from the televator to the shops. Could the existing televator be moved closer? It seems a bit illogical to have the two so far apart. I often like to do a bit of shopping if I'm waiting for a new task and I'd like to increase my available shopping time 🛒

Edit 04 March 2023: And it's been moved. Thank you, that's far more convenient :D

Last edited:
I would like to make a suggestion related to the Baraka armor obtained from the CUHOF Caves.

Recently, I came to Toulan to farm a set of M Baraka armor for my avatar. In the first night, I spent ~5k PED and got back ~4k PED. In chatting with various members of the community, I've learned that TT returns in CUHOF instances average 80-90% and Loot 2.0 rules do not apply there.

I am not angry about the TT returns - that is not the purpose of my suggestion. However, I provide that context here so that Ant can know where I am coming from. Further, it is helpful context for me in determining whether I want to continue farming for the armor set. Knowing one's cost is crucial to making informed decisions.

So, I spent/lost $100 of real money the first night and obtained one armor piece....a F piece that my avatar can't use.

Now, I'll have to go through the headache over the next several weeks of trying to find an avatar that will trade with me for an equal Tier 0 piece, which will probably not be easy. Instead, I propose that VirtualSense implement a terminal where avatars can trade M for F pieces or F for M pieces of equal TT value. That mitigates the extra time waste of what is already a very costly process for committed players.

As I said above, I do not mind paying the implicit cost of farming a full set. But the added time cost of farming the right sex set makes it feel like a fool's errand and I will not proceed trying to farm pieces unless a change is made here.

Thanks for your consideration!

Last edited:

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Thanks for sharing your info with me in the game in PM and then coming here to post so that Ant can see your suggestion at my request. He reads all feedback / suggestions and assesses everything to consider whether viable or not, or if it's something that could actually be accomplished based on the development process. He however does not respond to the posts, but if he finds something that is doable, then he will give consideration to it and maybe something that will turn up in a future VU, but there are never any promises.

I also shared the EU Discord discussion about the CUHOF (and other universe) instances so that he is aware of that as well.

Would it be possible to make it easier to land on Toulan? currently the problem is when in space I find it very difficult to get the prompt that asks you do you wish to land. I end up going up and down around the whole area on the edge of space before I find this prompt.

Perhaps the landing area could be enlarged so that it covers a vast stretch from western edge of planet to the eastern edge along the space boundary? (which is the case with all other planets and landing a non issue)

Apologies if this has been raised before.

Vonny

[QUOTE Would it be possible to make it easier to land on Toulan? currently the problem is when in space I find it very difficult to get the prompt that asks you do you wish to land. I end up going up and down around the whole area on the edge of space before I find this prompt. ][/QUOTE]

The easiest way to fly down to planet is start at entrance to spacestation, use align horizontal to line-up your ship, and then fly due north. I agree though that this needs to get fixed, Toulan is the hardest planet to land on and we shouldn't need to aim away from where we see the planet in space to land on it.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Unfortunately, it's a space issue, and space is MA's domain ... the problem with the Toulan planet entry to land has been there for a very long time and it was reported, but it has never been fixed ... it's nothing that we can do regarding that, and it's not an option to expand the landing zone at the Citadel.

We have an actual waypoint that we give people in the game to use that makes it easier to land on Toulan, but other than individually giving someone the waypoint, there's really no other optimum way to make sure that everyone gets the message other than in chat.

If you fly to the Space Station, align your ship horizontally, and then fly due north as Vonny suggested, that works too.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Ok, thanks for reply DME.

Would it be possible to share the waypoint here?

Yes, of course, and sorry I didn't add it earlier in my post ...

Toulan Planet Entry -
/wp [Space, 85591, 81634, 130, Waypoint]

If you copy that waypoint as is and paste it in your chat log in the game and click on enter, it will place a waypoint on your map.

Top Bottom