[Yog Hatchling Pet] Locked Excavator Mastery passive Buff?

I have tamed a [Yog Hatchling Pet] up to XP Level 10.20.
Affection, Mood both at 100%.
Energy at 99%, well Fed.
My carried inventory contains more than the required amounts of Pet Essence and Rare Essence. And the 10ped is available on my pedcard too.
Yet, CRITERIA = 0.00%, and is in RED type.
Why can I not Unlock this Passive Pet Buff?

Update: 2021-04-07

Well, this has been most exasperating...
I have been diligently performing tricks 1-4, running them up and down the numerical ladder for about three days now. Always waiting until Focus was at least 98% and always feeding nutrios whenever Energy was 98% or less. FYI: Trick 5 reduces focus from 100% down to 13% ! And requires about 28-35 Nutrios to regain 99% Energy. Meanwhile, a whole 'lotta nutrios later, pet Level now = 11.55, up a full Level the last few days.

Yesterday, i even returned to Monria (always glad to be on Monria) so my 'lil yoggie could feel at home again.
I also must take a moment here to Thank Wang for running his Pet Stables like a professional. Wherever I go, if a Pet Stable is operated by Wang then I know the buffs i seek will most likely be there when I need them. Thank you Wang!

Nevertheless; progress was NON-existant until this morning. Until this morning CRITERIA on the "Show pet Status" panel was 'stuck' at 2% ! ARrrrggggghh! Now I am seeing (finally), CRITERIA = 6%. Yay, but not good enough yet! So I will try something new today while on Monria.

I quote from Wang's most excellent website, Taming and Pets in Entropia Universe,

" In addition, certain actions are required to push the 'Unlock' bar to 100%. For 'Skill Gain -Pet and Taming', you have to make several successful taming attemps on creatures while your pet is spawned. For 'Pet Focus - Increase Generation', your pet must execute the 'Greet' trick a number of times. "

Hmmm, me wonders if spawning my 'lil yog pet while mining and EXCAVATING will help to meet the criteria for unlocking Excavator Mastery"?

Stay tuned! And as always, suggestions are appreciated.

Heidi Stassinopolis

Shop Owner
Volunteer Mentor
VCAT Team Member
Yes it does I think? I have both types of yog pets unlocked and basically took them everywhere with me as I did anything, lots of mining included and the unlock was ready when they reached the level requirement with out any problem.

EDIT-->> Just checked my Yau Kung Mun pet I am training up for the Decreased Critical buff and with 7 levels to go it is completed as I have it spawned when I am in combat, and the pet taming buff is only at 10's because I rarely do taming.

Last edited:
Yes it does I think? I have both types of yog pets unlocked and basically took them everywhere with me as I did anything, lots of mining included and the unlock was ready when they reached the level requirement with out any problem.

EDIT-->> Just checked my Yau Kung Mun pet I am training up for the Decreased Critical buff and with 7 levels to go it is completed as I have it spawned when I am in combat, and the pet taming buff is only at 10's because I rarely do taming.
Thank you Heidi!
So far I have dropped 18sets of enmatter probes with my Emine finder, using a carefully laid out 21.6m spacing grid. ...not a single Find! 18!
Switched to tt finders, enmatter only, just running down the road... 1st finder used up. No hits, again All NRF ...amazing.
But, lilyog pet tagged along even so.
Began carpet bombing Yog Wave crater w 2nd tt finder, enmatter only. 1 hit. Had to fight some Yogs there so spawned Asclarius for loot buff. Forgot to switch back to Yog pet while excavating... Sheesh! Nevertheless am now at 8%.
Taking a break 😂

Last edited:

Heidi Stassinopolis

Shop Owner
Volunteer Mentor
VCAT Team Member
Thank you Heidi!
So far I have dropped 18sets of enmatter probes with my Emine finder, using a carefully laid out 21.6m spacing grid. ...not a single Find! 18!
Switched to tt finders, enmatter only, just running down the road... 1st finder used up. No hits, again All NRF ...amazing.
But, lilyog pet tagged along even so.
Began carpet bombing Yog Wave crater w 2nd tt finder, enmatter only. 1 hit. Had to fight some Yogs there so spawned Asclarius for loot buff. Forgot to switch back to Yog pet while excavating... Sheesh! Nevertheless am now at 8%.
Taking a break 😂

Indoor mining remember, so your average hit rate might be as low as 4% or as high as 8 % unless you get a lucky streak so you really need to do hundreds of drops.
Doing low numbers of drops in a run may well end up with 0 return which you don't want obviously.

Update: Burning through 5 tt finders using dual drops netted 6 more claims today.
my Yog pet is now XP Level 11.86
and the Passive Buff progress bar is 26.0%
Yay, it is working!
Actually makes sense to me. A Pet with an autoloot Buff needs to spend time leveling up while its tamer is Hunting/Looting.
A pet with a mining buff needs to spend time leveling up while its tamer is mining.
I like it!

Entropia 2021-04-08 20.11.40-CROPPED.png

Yay! Thank you so much to Heidi and Gredrrik. Only took excavating about 30-40 Claims from the tt finder drops ;-)

Top Bottom